Found Safe TN - Jordan Allen Gorman, 9, Joelton, 15 Nov 2020

The initial report (see post #1) was that he was missing from his home in Ashland City. Therefore, that is what is shown in the thread title.

The next report (see post #2) was that he ran into the woods after a disagreement at his home on Valley View Road near Wanda Lane. Here is the link to that map: Valley View Road and Wanda Lane

Ashland City is his home per Tennessee Bureau of Investigation.

The Amber Alert says he is missing from Joelton, TN. Have you seen this child? Jordan Allen Gorman

This map includes the towns of Ashland City and Joelton, with the intersection of Valley View Road and Wanda Lane - located about right smack in the middle. خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

Pommy is awaiting clarification before requesting a change in the thread title.

;):p:cool:
here's Joelton Joelton, Tennessee - Wikipedia
Confused now

Investigators currently don't know what prompted the boy to leave, which direction he headed in when he left or when exactly the first 911 call was placed, DeVine said from the scene.

What is known is that the child was last seen Sunday morning, and the search for him began in earnest Sunday afternoon. bbm
Tennessee Amber Alert: Jordan Allen Gorman, missing 9-year-old, sought

I wonder how much time he's spent in the woods surrounding his home? He may have felt very comfortable out there for the first bit of time before he realized he couldn't find his way back. But without shoes and cool temps...wishful thinking probably...

I'm not ready to jump on the parents yet. I know at 9-10 years old, my kids were starting with some of the attitude and fresh talk of pre-puberty. I can see a 9 year old wanting to play a video game or watch movie and a parent said no and a child getting huffy. What I don't see is him running off into the woods. Maybe if he ran to his room, grabbed some stuff he thought would help him and then snuck out. Maybe.

It sounds like LE is responding with adequate resources, and imo this is good that there are no volunteer search efforts at this moment, which could contaminate and compromise dog’s scents and tracking. Down the road, perhaps this will change, but right now we need those dogs to do their thing to best of their albilities with no interference while the scene remains fresh, jmo.
Yes, go doggies! I'm also 99.9% certain that THP helicopter is equipped with thermal imaging equipment. I recall a recent case where LE cleared an area of 2,000 volunteers so as not to interfere with the infrared drones. MOO

Investigators currently don't know what prompted the boy to leave, which direction he headed in when he left or when exactly the first 911 call was placed, DeVine said from the scene.

What is known is that the child was last seen Sunday morning, and the search for him began in earnest Sunday afternoon. bbm
Tennessee Amber Alert: Jordan Allen Gorman, missing 9-year-old, sought
Red BBM

Whoever saw him go into the woods should know what direction that was...? :confused:

Red BBM

Whoever saw him go into the woods should know what direction that was...? :confused:
How far are the woods from his home? I’m pretty sure I saw an address for them in one of these articles. They came out so fast. Did the parents search for him before calling 911? It’s also been written that their home was searched. I wonder if any phones were tracked to that area.

How far are the woods from his home? I’m pretty sure I saw an address for them in one of these articles. They came out so fast. Did the parents search for him before calling 911? It’s also been written that their home was searched. I wonder if any phones were tracked to that area.
I think I saw an address too in first link you showed me?

not great without infrared, blue jeans, grey shirt with a red stripe on shirt.
Possibly he ran out the door if original story is accurate without thinking of shoes or a coat or anything..
I wonder if he has a hut in the woods, the like of something scouts would have? I'm sure LE have it but they're searching to 2 miles , in every direction..
Did a CCtV spot him entering woods?
Will parents make an appeal?

BBM Shoot me an address and I'll tell ya. ;)

I don't know if his parents searched for him. The Sheriff seems to think they did -listen at about the 7:15 mark: Wsmv-Tv, Nashville @WSMV
Oh my heavens, there are woods every direction.
Right?! And the Sheriff described ravines, drop-offs, and holes... :(

I disagree that this running off into the woods barefoot is implausible. My kid has run out of our house flipping out because he doesn't get all of the screen-time in the world that he wants. Some children react in a fight-or-flight way to stress / arguments, and I know my kid wouldn't be bothered to put on a coat or shoes just because it's cold outside. I have had to literally lock him inside.

I'm giving the parents the benefit of the doubt unless LE doesn't, as Websleuths, rightfully IMO, asks us to do.

BBM Shoot me an address and I'll tell ya. ;)

I don't know if his parents searched for him. The Sheriff seems to think they did -listen at about the 7:15 mark: Wsmv-Tv, Nashville @WSMV
Yeah, they were asked if a delay had occurred in notifying them to which they responded that parents had searched for him first and when their search was unsuccessful he was reported as missing.

I disagree that this running off into the woods barefoot is implausible. My kid has run out of our house flipping out because he doesn't get all of the screen-time in the world that he wants. Some children react in a fight-or-flight way to stress / arguments, and I know my kid wouldn't be bothered to put on a coat or shoes just because it's cold outside. I have had to literally lock him inside.

I'm giving the parents the benefit of the doubt unless LE doesn't, as Websleuths, rightfully IMO, asks us to do.
With respect, we have not even seen his parents yet, let alone condemn them.
We do not even know their names.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelonyAnn
Back