Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #49

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this another comment regarding the social media? Seems like they are focusing on the social media aspect and certainly letting it be known.

I took it that way-it appears, based on the way the article was written, that Spezze texted the Denver Gazette regarding the discovery of remains, and then also texted the social media detail of the investigation. It could be sloppy reporting, stating “texted”, instead of saying that the social media aspect was part of the earlier press release regarding Suzanne.

Is this another comment regarding the social media? Seems like they are focusing on the social media aspect and certainly letting it be known.
^^bbm

No, I didn't read this as another or an "additional comment" focusing on the social media aspect but the reporter simply following up his report with information that was initially released by CCSO on FB on Nov 10 (6th-month anniversary) after Sheriff John Spezzee texted the Denver Gazette this afternoon confirming that the remains located in Conejos County area were not connected to the disappearance of SM. In other words, it was a text exchange between the Sheriff and the reporter.

MOO

Recovery of Remains?
If the husband is arrested and found guilty, like the experts are predicting, then I expect some day he will give up the location of her body. That’s if it wasn’t dismembered. JMO
@Minordetails ^ Could be.^ OTOH, seems possible imo, if BM (or whoever) reveals location to LE, LE may locate them, whether in one or several decomposing/ed pieces, or in much smaller form/segments, like a few teeth or bones of SM, prosecutor could move forward. An entire, intact body is not needed for homicide prosecution.

As has been discussed, a relatively small amt of tissue, bone, etc may be sufficient for a medical expert/physician/
forensic pathologist/medical examiner to determine that that recovered remnants are incompatible w life, and thus the basis for declaring SM dead. {ETA: repeating that some homicide prosecutions have resulted in convictions, w no-body whatsoever. Of course, a limited number.}

And that, combined w other evd LE now has/later will have in hand may lead to successful prosecution. jm2cts.

Last edited:
I think she’s buried.

And some day when he has nothing to left to lose, And the girls, and his buddies no longer come to visit him in prison, he’ll tell his secret.

The girls have the power. BM will wake up one day and his daughters will be married and have kids. It won’t just be SM missing out on weddings and grandchildren. I still think, if the girls would just turn on him, he’ll talk some day.
JMO
bbm
Sadly, I think it's highly unlikely.
Too much at stake.
Imo.

I think she’s buried.

And some day when he has nothing to left to lose, And the girls, and his buddies no longer come to visit him in prison, he’ll tell his secret.

The girls have the power. BM will wake up one day and his daughters will be married and have kids. It won’t just be SM missing out on weddings and grandchildren. I still think, if the girls would just turn on him, he’ll talk some day.
JMO
MOO I believe he has no conscience or insight at all.
Hearing him blabbering out excuses and theories inducates to me that he will continue to self justify anything to suit what he wants.

This is the saddest thing in an obit I think I have ever read.

MOO
Yes, very sad indeed. But I think, not to mention a tragic fate of someone's daughter is sad in another way.

There are many obituaries of deceased people, who got murdered for example and it isn't mentioned with one single word. I often wondered about it. For me it is just as much a part of the memory of these people's lives as it is to list their partners or children or their hobbies or their professional successes.

I hope this is allowed.

Doug Stewart murdered his estranged wife, Venus Stewart on April 26, 2010....the mother of their two young daughters.
He was convicted of 1st degree premeditated murder in 2011.
Fast forward to October 2018. He lead State Troopers to her 5 foot deep burial site.
Why?
They promised him an Xbox console!
Also, the two daughters wanted to know where mommy was...and on one of their birthdays, he showed LE where he buried Venus.

Who knows what it will take to reveal Suzanne's location?
MOOhttps://www.google.com/amp/s/wwmt.com/amp/news/local/venus-stewarts-killer-details-her-death-while-police-excavate-her-remains

IF BM is the perpetrator, I don’t know whether an Xbox would have the necessary pull, and with no death penalty in CO, that bargaining chip is gone. But, I think there is something that could be used as leverage to get BM to talk: access to the gym. Perhaps that could be contingent on him giving up the location of her body IF he is convicted. Doubt he could survive without his body-building fix. JMO

She did. She said she heard what she thought was BM's truck outside her place at 4am. She grabbed her gear(?) because she thought he was there to pick her up. Then a few minutes later he called her, frantic, worst night of his life, get a crew together, etc.

All paraphrased of course because I cannot find the original source for this.

<modsnip: post removed>

Ground Penetrating Radar or GPR could be used to check the entire site for sub-surface anomalies. Probably would take a day or less. If there are any metal items on the remains like shoe lace eyelets, belt buckle, or jewelry, the OKM eXp 6000 will find it (I wish I could afford one) as deep as 20-50 feet depending on conditions. If LE even suspects the site holds more evidence, they should be using these technologies to re-check it.

Last edited by a moderator:
IIRC the hotel said they were not using chlorine-based cleaning products.

Sorry, I am not buying that line from the hotel. Management does not always know what the staff is doing for starters, and chlorine based products were the lead disinfectant being used in the first few months of the COVID outbreak. Few other agents were known to kill the virus. Some individuals do disgusting things in hotel rooms and staff are forced to use what is available to clean up. There was a TV report (20-20 if I remember correctly) a few years back that checked random hotel rooms for body fluid evidence and found a disturbing amount, including bloody mattresses that were simply flipped over. My opinion is the hotel did not want the negative public attention with business being as bad as it has been.

I don't think Suzanne is going to be found. I also don't think BM will ever reveal anything. I think he's going to ride this to the bitter end, declaring his innocence and pointing fingers everywhere else, no matter what kind of evidence LE has that points only to him. He reminds me of Scott Peterson in that respect.

MOO

Last edited:
I don't think Suzanne is going to be found. I also don't think BM will ever reveal anything. I think he's going to ride this to the bitter end, declaring his innocence and pointing fingers everywhere else, not matter what kind of evidence LE has that points only to him. He reminds me of Scott Peterson in that respect.

MOO

I agree. From the jump, I’ve felt like this may be a circumstantial case. I just pray LE has some compelling evidence. JMO

I don't think Suzanne is going to be found. I also don't think BM will ever reveal anything. I think he's going to ride this to the bitter end, declaring his innocence and pointing fingers everywhere else, not matter what kind of evidence LE has that points only to him. He reminds me of Scott Peterson in that respect.

MOO
I don’t think she will be found either. With all the heavy equipment available to BM, and the vastness of Colorado, I think it is likely she won’t be found unless BM gives the location up as part of a plea deal. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname