Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also think that's not a place for a stranger to just suddenly move on him. And car thieves whom target vehicles like that, are usually an organized crime group or they have a contract for such a group. And they work at night because their clientele do not want any noise, stealing and shipping high end cars is literally a million dollar business.

You're preaching to the choir re: professional car thieves. I mentioned the climate for such activity a couple times in the first 3 pages of Thread #1. Dallas is the perfect environment for professional boosters. It has an extraordinary number of high-demand luxury vehicles in "good areas" all over the map. Major highways radiating out in all directions (EZ egress). Tons of overland shipping on roads and rails to camouflage your outbound contraband. A seriously short-handed police force ATM is the cherry on top for savvy operators. The city of Dallas is consistently in the Top 25 for vehicle thefts per capita (and of those 25 it's #1 in total number of vehicles stolen).

That being said - All signs point to Alan encountering danger somewhere between that gas station and his house... and the Porsche dealership... with which he had 2 vehicles in common... is situated directly between the two.

Thanks for the info.
TxDPS - CLEAR Alert

''The below represents CLEAR Alert criteria for the state's network:
  • Is the individual 18 to 64 years of age, whose whereabouts are unknown?
  • Has a preliminary investigation verified the adult is in imminent danger of bodily injury or death or is the disappearance involuntary such as an abduction or kidnapping?
  • Is the clear alert request within 72 hours of the individual's disappearance?
  • Is sufficient information available to disseminate to the public to help locate the individual, a suspect, or the vehicle used in the incident?''

So a CLEAR alert would not be applicable now, since it isn't within 72 hours of disappearance.

I have to admit I was beginning to think that Alan had voluntarily gone missing, either on his own or possibly with the help of someone else until LE reclassified his disappearance to endangered missing person. After all, what proof of any crime being committed do we have?

We have seen Alan on CCTV both at the LA Fitness car park and at the Gas Station on his own - no sign of anything untoward in the footage.

The family have said he left the Gas Station around 6.00 am and was to all intents and purposes heading towards home just over a mile away.

The VFM has said that there are cameras at the front and back of Alan's house and there was no sign of him returning that morning.

So between the Gas Station and his home, where did he go?

His car was found a week later and was locked. The family have said that they were told there was no damage to the car and no sign of any violence had taken place inside. The VFM said that the seats were wet and the tyres muddy but still nothing to confirm any crime had taken place.

And if a crime has been committed, then what is the motive? We know it's not carjacking as the car has been found and we know it's not robbery as Alan's bank cards have not been used - so what is it then? something to do with home or work? a secret liaison gone wrong? revenge? or some random act for the heck of it?

The key to Alan's disappearance is without doubt the new evidence they have found - if not for that I would still think that Alan had voluntarily gone missing.

I just wished we knew what the new evidence is........
And.. how do you carjack a moving car? Even if they block you in you have to get the person to unlock the doors and get out vs. I just drive up on the curb and around you.

Moving car, only a mile from home, no bank cards, no disposed wallet, no trace of anything- very strange case indeed.

His husband is local. I wonder why he hasn't gotten his and Alan's friends and coworkers together to search for him.

Dateline has published an article on AW. The more exposure, the better. Search for missing Dallas businessman upgraded to ‘Endangered Missing Person’
I would have started by walking every route home from that gas station as soon as that gas station video was known, looking for cameras that might have caught him as he drove by. Knock on the doors and just ask if they have the video. Something unusual happened in a very small window of distance. How far did he actually get? Did he go that way at all? Perhaps he thought he forgot something at the gym and turned around for example.

Now this is VERY interesting. What can this mean? Which family? Could they have relayed new info obtained by PI?
BBM

https://nypost.com/2020/11/24/dallas-police-upgrade-search-for-endangered-missing-executive/
“Detectives are actively investigating all workable leads into the report of Mr. White,” police said in a statement. “Detectives are also actively communicating with Mr. White’s family.”

A Dallas police sergeant told The Post Tuesday that a recent discussion with White’s family prompted detectives to upgrade the active search for him.

———————-

This is the statement they linked.

Endangered Missing Person – James Alan White

I would have started by walking every route home from that gas station as soon as that gas station video was known, looking for cameras that might have caught him as he drove by. Knock on the doors and just ask if they have the video. Something unusual happened in a very small window of distance. How far did he actually get? Did he go that way at all? Perhaps he thought he forgot something at the gym and turned around for example.

How do we know that hasn't happened? (The walking and knocking)?

I'm guessing that some of that happened (the area around the found SUV is more important, IMO, than the gas station area - but both are important). That's what LE often does, IMO (they expect the adult's family to try and find them, and to search diligently).

In this case, it appears almost nothing of importance turned up and Alan's whereabouts are still a complete mystery. The "no signs of struggle" where the car was found is very concerning. What could possibly explain it?

Was there someone hidden in the back of the SUV and if so, when did that occur? Surely LE has fingerprinted the SUV? In missing persons cases, I think there's a reluctance on the part of LE to go that extra step and look for stranger DNA - in this case, it was a loaner car and it would not be able to use DNA to locate a perp.

That's true. If so, what happened after that in your opinion?

my take is that AW received a text/s and whatever that text was about is the key to his disappearance. He drove to meet the sender, and that is why he ended up in south Dallas. The search and investigation needs to be around the vicinity of where the car was found, via CCTV, or otherwise.

my take is that AW received a text/s and whatever that text was about is the key to his disappearance. He drove to meet the sender, and that is why he ended up in south Dallas. The search and investigation needs to be around the vicinity of where the car was found, via CCTV, or otherwise.

But didn't he leave Racetrac heading northeast towards his home, and not south? I believe that's what his niece told us.

I hate to be a downer, but it’s possible the only reason DPD upgraded the case is because it’s been a month with no contact or activity. The other Dallas missing person was updated at exactly one month missing as well. (Maria Botelo). (Also the fact that he didn’t take that flight that was booked may have helped nudge them too). This would fit with what the sergeant told the ny post about upgrading the case after discussion with the family. JMO.

But didn't he leave Racetrac heading northeast towards his home, and not south? I believe that's what his niece told us.

yes that’s what was reported. Assume it was from the family and views from the CCTV from the Racetrac we haven’t seen. But I am still focusing on what we know for sure-where the car was found and that it was found in tact.

I hate to be a downer, but it’s possible the only reason DPD upgraded the case is because it’s been a month with no contact or activity. The other Dallas missing person was updated at exactly one month missing as well. (Maria Botelo). (Also the fact that he didn’t take that flight that was booked may have helped nudge them too). This would fit with what the sergeant told the ny post about upgrading the case after discussion with the family. JMO.

Excellent point.....sad as it is

But the news sources stated it was a Dallas Canine, Dallas Helicopter etc that was performing the searches. My point being they have the time and the capability. I just feel like there is a reason they didn't do this for Alan. Clearly I’m alone in that viewpoint
NOPE-- you are not alone in thinking that.
I think the same way.
There is a lot we don't know, a lot the family is keeping quiet about, and I don't blame them, they don't want the case compromised, but I agree there is more than likely a reason they haven't done the same searching.
JMO

How do we know that hasn't happened? (The walking and knocking)?

I'm guessing that some of that happened (the area around the found SUV is more important, IMO, than the gas station area - but both are important). That's what LE often does, IMO (they expect the adult's family to try and find them, and to search diligently).

In this case, it appears almost nothing of importance turned up and Alan's whereabouts are still a complete mystery. The "no signs of struggle" where the car was found is very concerning. What could possibly explain it?

Was there someone hidden in the back of the SUV and if so, when did that occur? Surely LE has fingerprinted the SUV? In missing persons cases, I think there's a reluctance on the part of LE to go that extra step and look for stranger DNA - in this case, it was a loaner car and it would not be able to use DNA to locate a perp.
I think it did happen and they didn't find anything (assumption is based on no other video being released).

If he left the gas station, but never made it home, and they didn't find any other video, then he did something highly unexpected (or something unexpected happened to him).

Someone in the car already... turned around to go back to the gym...took a different route... something

Regarding a search - does the family know exactly where the loaner vehicle was left parked?
These are the words by @thelastunicorn in regards to location.

I have seen a satellite view of where the car was found but I don’t remember the exact location. It was in a secluded area and looked like someone was trying to hide it. The seats were also wet and there was mud on the tires. It had rained really hard the day after he went missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FloridaThemisProject