Found Deceased TX - Alexis Sharkey, 26, Houston, 27 Nov 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with the mother that the emphasis on "influencer" doesn't reflect the daughter's accomplishments and worth as young woman. She got a degree in biology summa *advertiser censored* laude, which is dang hard, IMO, (that's me remembering 4 quarters of chemistry and a few years of math). She used internet to promote and develop her businesses. But the media jumps to "instagram influencer" as though that is all she ever did with her life. :(:(

Her Mom is "salt of the earth", IMO. Great interview.

With academic achievements like that, Alexis could have become a doctor.

<modsnip>

Very tragic. RIP Alexis.

Last edited by a moderator:
READY???????

I drove by the place a few minutes ago.
Cars all over the place, in the lot, on the street. 10-12 maybe? I did not stop to count because what I really saw was a two story News Van, KRCP? I'd have to look it up, with their big tripod mounted and ready to roll.

No people out. Just the cars!!!!!!!

ETA: It is Click2Houston. I just checked on line, no updates.
It's 5:22 here and getting dark already. Maybe they have something else that they found out there? Or the video from the shop. I will keep checking, and let you all know. BRB with HPD update, if any.

Last edited:
READY???????

Cars all over the place, in the lot, on the street. 10-12 maybe? I did not stop to count because what I really saw was a two story News Van, KRCP? I'd have to look it up, with their big tripod mounted and ready to roll.

Thank you. Your hard work is much appreciated.

READY???????

I’m surprised KHOU wasn’t out there!
Thanks for driving by!

I was in the area earlier (ETA: around 1:20PM CST) and checked out both the area of the purported residence (Wilcrest @ I-10) and also the section of the Energy Corridor where both the Omni Hotel and Red Haw Lane are situated.

Some notes about the Wilcrest/I-10 area:

-Large parking garage seems to provide resident parking for the apartments;
-There looks to be a drive around the complex, but no parking appears to exist, other than in the front near the leasing office;
-I noted the presence of a few surveillance cameras there;
-When leaving the complex, drivers are forced to make a right onto the feeder (one-way) from all except one exit;
-There is only one on-ramp onto I-10 between Wilcrest and Eldridge, and that is situated just ahead of the Eldridge exit (between 1.5 and 2 miles from the apartments). This means that whomever had Alexis in the car would have passed numerous businesses, potentially with dozens of surveillance systems which could provide clues.

As for the visit to the Energy Corridor area, I took video. You can see for yourself what the lay of the land looks like. Of note:

-lots of cars near the beauty salon/supply business;
-Red Haw is a very narrow street (one car at a time);
-the area just past the salon, on the left, just past the fence, is quite overgrown, and is (I believe) where Alexis's body was found.

Last edited:
“Throw it away. She actually hated that word. She wasn't an 'influencer.' She was a businesswoman," said Robinault. "Honestly, I know it's the way she's being spoken about ... that she was an 'influencer,' but I feel like she would have honestly hated that title so much. She wasn't trying to influence anything. She was a smart, savvy, successful businesswoman. That's how I want everyone to remember her."

Alexis Sharkey's sister speaks out about her death

Wow, talk about a "filler" article that says absolutely nothing. I mean, did we need a forensic expert to tell us they look at the husband first ?

Well, for those who have never followed a case like this, this is quite informative:

“Someone went to the effort of dumping the body, but they didn’t go to the effort of hiding the body particularly very well,” said Shen. “It was found very quickly…. When we see bodies that have been dumped with no visible signs of injuries, that is something that is common that person has overdosed and it’s been taken there by someone else. I have no reason to think that’s the case in this particular case….Then you’re looking at toxins, poisons, drugs. That would be the most common thing that would not leave some outside obvious sign of injury.”

I followed a case not too long ago where this was exactly what happened. The young lady ODd elsewhere and was dumped in a secondary location. Of course no one knew that until after the investigation was wrapped up, but folks did in fact suspect the wrong person in that case. So, it's good to know how the experts in their fields, process details like this.

jmo

I was in the area earlier and checked out both the area of the purported residence (Wilcrest @ I-10) and also the section of the Energy Corridor where both the Omni Hotel and Red Haw Lane are situated.

Some notes about the Wilcrest/I-10 area:

-Large parking garage seems to provide resident parking for the apartments;
-There looks to be a drive around the complex, but no parking appears to exist, other than in the front near the leasing office;
-I noted the presence of a few surveillance cameras there;
-When leaving the complex, drivers are forced to make a right onto the feeder (one-way) from all except one exit;
-There is only one on-ramp onto I-10 between Wilcrest and Eldridge, and that is situated just ahead of the Eldridge exit (between 1.5 and 2 miles from the apartments). This means that whomever had Alexis in the car would have passed numerous businesses, potentially with dozens of surveillance systems which could provide clues.

As for the visit to the Energy Corridor area, I took video. You can see for yourself what the lay of the land looks like. Of note:

-lots of cars near the beauty salon/supply business;
-Red Haw is a very narrow street (one car at a time);
-the area just past the salon, on the left, just past the fence, is quite overgrown, and is (I believe) where Alexis's body was found.

Thank you.

“Throw it away. She actually hated that word. She wasn't an 'influencer.' She was a businesswoman," said Robinault. "Honestly, I know it's the way she's being spoken about ... that she was an 'influencer,' but I feel like she would have honestly hated that title so much. She wasn't trying to influence anything. She was a smart, savvy, successful businesswoman. That's how I want everyone to remember her."

Alexis Sharkey's sister speaks out about her death

“She said she visited Alexis and her husband Tom Sharkey out in west Texas earlier this year.”

"I went down last spring and I spent a long weekend with them," said Robinault. "They seemed happy."

Spring of this year 2020?

“She said she visited Alexis and her husband Tom Sharkey out in west Texas earlier this year.”

"I went down last spring and I spent a long weekend with them," said Robinault. "They seemed happy."

Spring of this year 2020?

Doubtful.
Not many were traveling in spring of this year at the start of the pandemic, AND her mom has said she had not seen AS since last Christmas. I am thinking this spring trip was spring 2019.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member