Found Deceased TX - Alexis Sharkey, 26, Houston, 27 Nov 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, no obvious injury is very interesting when you consider if someone flew into a rage during an argument, you would think there would for sure be obvious signs of injury IMO. The other thing is, if there were no signs of injury it would seem more premeditated to me...and if it were premeditated wouldn't the disposal have been more thought out? The fact that she was nude is yet another interesting piece. It's a puzzle of a case...

BBM

Please see page 7 for death by asphyxiation without obvious signs of injury:

Investigating Asphyxial Deaths
https://www.umc.edu/som/Departments...cine/files/investigating_asphyxial_deaths.pdf

If she was killed, and i just day if she was, waiting for the COD to be released to make it official. But if she was I would say she was killed RIGHT THERE! Right in that area. I read she was 3 4 minutes/miles from where she was staying. If taken further away, I don't see the killer returning to that area later just to leave the body. I do wonder if somehow she was able to walk to that area, walk down that street. I assume she was walking since no validation she drove herself anywhere after leaving where staying.

I dont know if the lady had a past with drugs or not. But if drugs were involved causing death, I would say fentanyl. injection of fentanyl would cause death quickly from an overdose.

Last edited:
If she was killed, and i just day if she was, waiting for the COD to be released to make it official. But if she was I would say she was killed RIGHT THERE! Right in that area. I read she was 3 4 minutes/miles from where she was staying. If taken further away, I don't see the killer returning to that area later just to leave the body. I do wonder if somehow she was able to walk to that area, walk down that street. I assume she was walking since no validation she drove herself anywhere after leaving where staying.
walked naked down the street...?

I don't know, @iluvmua. Seeing anyone on CCTV doesn't just make them a murderer. The DA will need to provide enough evidence to a Grand Jury to indict someone and CCTV would only be a small piece. They don't need all of the pieces to proceed with an arrest, but the more they have the better position they're in. JMO
Agree, I think they need to gather evidence of MOD and COD so they can bring the strongest charges possible or get a confession

I dont know if the lady had a past with drugs or not. But if drugs were involved causing death, I would say fentanyl. injection of fentanyl would cause death quickly from an overdose.

Houston law enforcement said there was no evidence she walked there. (Think we can assume her feet weren’t dirty etc)

The DC cop agreed no matter COD she was most likely moved there by someone known to her.
According to LE, she was completely naked and there was no sign she walked there.
Alexis Sharkey death investigation: Here's what we know | khou.com

No mention of finding any clothes or items nearby.

No matter COD, all indications from LE are that she was dumped there. That’s why I think the family feels confident indicating there was foul play. Plus they have said they have no reason to believe it is an accident which I suspect is based on their knowledge of their daughter’s history and their wanting a thorough investigation that leaves no stone unturned. They are good advocates for a thorough investigation in my opinion, while being responsible not to spread any particular theory before hearing it from LE.

Last edited:
walked naked down the street...?
No...Became naked at some point in that area where she was found, and her cloths taken away from the area. I think she may had been flowered after leaving that apartment and ended up down that isolated street early in the morning. A vehicular like a van, something with a back whatever could have done it all in a short period of time. Someone that knows the area, perhaps she was abducted walking down the street in that direction, and the person turn down that street. What happened happened. left her clothes inside the vehicle, and left her there, then took off. The perp may not leave in that area per say, but i feel that is where the crime occurred.

Agree, I think they need to gather evidence of MOD and COD so they can bring the strongest charges possible or get a confession

Houston law enforcement said there was no evidence she walked there. (Think we can assume her feet weren’t dirty etc)

The DC cop agreed no matter COD she was most likely moved there by someone known to her.

She was walking with her shoes on, but after being abducted, and then discarded where found naked, would explain why her feet were not dirty. She may have started out walking, but ended up inside a vehicle at some point, voluntary or not.
Someone may have been out on the prowl, with things kind of closed, shut up etc because of the covid thing.

Last edited:
BBM

https://www.umc.edu/som/Departments and Offices/SOM Departments/Pediatrics/Divisions/Forensic-Medicine/files/investigating_asphyxial_deaths.pdf
Thanks! FWIW/ I 100% believe homicide is a possibility here. I’m just trying to square away most likely scenarios. To me the findings of the body are statistically most consistent with OD, but the stories are most consistent with domestic violence leading to homicide. In both scenarios there is something that doesn’t quite fit with what’s expected. That’s why this case is such a mystery.

Houston is a gateway to the US for folks from many different areas. I might be getting far-fetched here, but is it possible that someone in the country illegally could have been in the vicinity during an OD and would dump the body as opposed to getting help and risking scrutiny of their immigration status? The feet hanging out has me thinking someone intended for her to be found and I’ve been wracking my brain trying to figure out how she could have ended up there that way.

The only scenario which makes sense to me currently is someone wanting her found but not wanting themselves to be found. I would have thought anyone with half a brain could have hid her at least a little better if they were trying to keep the crime a secret.

BBM

https://www.umc.edu/som/Departments and Offices/SOM Departments/Pediatrics/Divisions/Forensic-Medicine/files/investigating_asphyxial_deaths.pdf

Interesting. Fits with the claim by friends that she would be choked out and wake up on the bathroom floor...when I heard that, I was like weird wouldn't there be marks, but obviously there are ways to avoid that....

Interesting. Fits with the claim by friends that she would be choked out and wake up on the bathroom floor...when I heard that, I was like weird wouldn't there be marks, but obviously there are ways to avoid that....
Have to wait for the complete autopsy with toxicology and blood chemistry- I think that is going to tell the tale here.

Even carotid artery compression leaves a signature- cardiac arrest or acidosis.

It's hard to wait but I think justice is going to prevail quickly on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa