Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that really doesn’t make any sense - if there was a supposed lien placed due to a debt that didn’t exist. The reason is KW’s lawsuit wasn’t dismissed by the SCC until well after the Shermans were murdered. At the time they were murdered nobody wouldn’t been able to predict a SCC decision.

So if you’re suggesting Apotex was free of the supposed lien and so Barry was about to sell Apotex by Dec 13, 2017 and gift all the money away at the time the couple were murdered, the timeline doesn’t support that.

I’m Not suggesting anything of the sort. All I said was that iirc kw had mentioned that he thought the legal action would hinder or prevent Barry’s ability to do anything with the shares of apotex. I’m only pointing out what I recall reading in kw’s earlier posts.

I don’t think we can put Sherman and Apotex in the same class as the Sacklers and Purdue, although Apotex is being sued in Canada also. From what I understand, Purdue didn’t make much beyond opioids, deriving almost all of their revenue from OxyContin. Apotex has manufactured many types of drugs for a broad range of conditions, even though they produced some opioids. I have taken some Apotex generics here in the US for an allergy condition. I have to say that despite the legal wrangling over producing generics, companies like Apotex provide a valuable service to people who otherwise couldn’t easily afford their medications.

I don’t think we can put Sherman and Apotex in the same class as the Sacklers and Purdue, although Apotex is being sued in Canada also. From what I understand, Purdue didn’t make much beyond opioids, deriving almost all of their revenue from OxyContin. Apotex has manufactured many types of drugs for a broad range of conditions, even though they produced some opioids. I have taken some Apotex generics here in the US for an allergy condition. I have to say that despite the legal wrangling over producing generics, companies like Apotex provide a valuable service to people who otherwise couldn’t easily afford their medications.
It was not my intention to equate the family associated with Purdue to the Shermans, was just noting recent news regarding the industry. And maybe trying to distract a bit.;)

Interesting, from your link, The Sun names a source. So what’s he saying, KW filed the failed lawsuit to prevent Barry from gifting the sale value of Apotex?

“The Gates part of it has not been talked about in Toronto circles. But Sherman’s cousin Kerry Winter said it was Barry’s wish to pursue something like that.

Winter said he knew about Barry’s wishes and it was an issue in the lawsuit the cousins filed against the Apotex giant.

“It’s nothing new,” said Winter. “He told me that more than once.”...”
In that story, Warmington calls KW "a person close to [the Shermans]"

He doesn't mention at all that this person who was supposed 'close', launched a lawsuit in 2007 seeking 20% of BS's wealth, claiming he had been criminally cheated by BS in the 1960s, and although the lawsuit had been repeatedly dismissed, he had attempted ot pursue it right up to the Supreme Court? Is this not relevant information to include in a description of someone who is allegedly 'close' to someone? I guess not if you write for the Toronto Sun.

I’m Not suggesting anything of the sort. All I said was that iirc kw had mentioned that he thought the legal action would hinder or prevent Barry’s ability to do anything with the shares of apotex. I’m only pointing out what I recall reading in kw’s earlier posts.

Okay, my mistake. The topic of the linked Sun report was the possibility the children would’ve been denied an inheritance. So it was a very short leap considering the financial related insinuations made by KDs sources as well.

“In the Sherman’s case, it would mean that the bulk of their estimated $5-billion estate would go The Giving Pledge and not to family members or designated beneficiaries as laid out in a last will and testament.”
WARMINGTON: Did billionaire Shermans want to leave wealth to Bill Gates' charity? | Toronto Sun

In that story, Warmington calls KW "a person close to [the Shermans]"

He doesn't mention at all that this person who was supposed 'close', launched a lawsuit in 2007 seeking 20% of BS's wealth, claiming he had been criminally cheated by BS in the 1960s, and although the lawsuit had been repeatedly dismissed, he had attempted ot pursue it right up to the Supreme Court? Is this not relevant information to include in a description of someone who is allegedly 'close' to someone? I guess not if you write for the Toronto Sun.

I agree, that’s a real stretch. According to a 2018 interview by KW, the relationship between him and Barry was severed by 2003. I wonder if KW is also one of KD’s sources. If so, it’s not a wonder he’s unnamed.

“The last time Winter spoke to Sherman other than in a lawyer's office was a telephone call he made on learning about the existence of the option some 15 years ago.

Winter said: 'It was a short phone call and I was emotional. I remember crying and I remember saying, "Barry you lied to me."

'He said, "I know." I said, "Why did you lie so much to me?" And it broke my heart.'...”
Canadian tycoon Barry Sherman 'killed wife then himself' | Daily Mail Online

Okay, my mistake. The topic of the linked Sun report was the possibility the children would’ve been denied an inheritance. So it was a very short leap considering the financial related insinuations made by KDs sources as well.

“In the Sherman’s case, it would mean that the bulk of their estimated $5-billion estate would go The Giving Pledge and not to family members or designated beneficiaries as laid out in a last will and testament.”
WARMINGTON: Did billionaire Shermans want to leave wealth to Bill Gates' charity? | Toronto Sun
Please don't beat yourself up about it, I think you're giving this story far more rational consideration than it deserves. IMO it's pure tabloid trash, not journalism at all but using any rumor or, IMO more likely, cooperating with a person with a hidden agenda to generate clickbait. IMO the people who know what they're talking about don't go to the Daily Mail or the Toronto Sun with their information.

Please don't beat yourself up about it, I think you're giving this story far more rational consideration than it deserves. IMO it's pure tabloid trash, not journalism at all but using any rumor or, IMO more likely, cooperating with a person with a hidden agenda to generate clickbait. IMO the people who know what they're talking about don't go to the Daily Mail or the Toronto Sun with their information.

Thank you and I’d definitely agree. I don’t recall any other unsolved murder case where such a great amount of unfounded and unproven rumour and scandal has been published under the banner of “news”.

Thank you and I’d definitely agree. I don’t recall any other unsolved murder case where such a great amount of unfounded and unproven rumour and scandal has been published under the banner of “news”.
Uh oh, wondering now if everyone prefers if i do not post news links from certain publications?

Uh oh, wondering now if everyone prefers if i do not post news links from certain publications?

I appreciate all the information you post! I read all of your links.

I tend to have the most faith in the Bloomberg and Toronto Star articles, but it’s interesting to read Warmington, the DM, and other sources writing about the case.

Well that really doesn’t make any sense - if there was a supposed lien placed due to a debt that didn’t exist. The reason is KW’s lawsuit wasn’t dismissed by the SCC until well after the Shermans were murdered. At the time they were murdered nobody wouldn’t been able to predict a SCC decision.

So if you’re suggesting Apotex was free of the supposed lien and so Barry was about to sell Apotex by Dec 13, 2017 and gift all the money away at the time the couple were murdered, the timeline doesn’t support that.

WE, agree.

good one Dotr!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members