Found Deceased TX - Alexis Sharkey, 26, Houston, 27 Nov 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like your theory here. I asked about the weather several pages back because I was thinking along the same lines as you. @mocity said the weather was 60's, muggy and rainy. Hypothermia could happen in these conditions, especially if you add the rain. IMO
I'm not sure that the Hypothermia would be the relevant factor, but I am not a doctor/physician. My angle was more the euphoria and unclothing in relation to drug intake.

I also wanted to add, but forgot in my earlier post. I noted when looking at street view that there was a water filled ditch (same side, far end to where the beauty studio is)( and that is only if said ditch runs the whole length of the lane), I am wondering whether somehow she stumbled and fell and drowned in the ditch? Probably way off with that theory :)
Edited to clarify length of ditch.

Last edited:
I'm not sure that the Hypothermia would be the relevant factor, but I am not a doctor/physician. My angle was more the euphoria and unclothing in relation to drug intake.

I also wanted to add, but forgot in my earlier post. I noted when looking at street view that there was a water filled ditch (same side, far end to where the beauty studio is), I am wondering whether somehow she stumbled and fell and drowned in the ditch? Probably way off with that theory :)
I don’t think any theory off table because we probably have 20% facts from LE.

What do you think happened to Alexis? I can’t make up my mind about this case.

I think she was murdered. Closed head wound, suffocation, even strangulation that for some reason or another didn't leave obvious marks to someone viewing her body where it was found. They probably even know who did it and are surveilling them. I don't know why they are waiting for autopsy results, though. Maybe they are actually waiting for more than that (cell phone tower pings, CCTV analysis of images, etc.).

Hey folks,

We did a thread cleanup. It's okay to link to an obit for a victim, but let's not bring the names of family members onto a crime sleuthing board or speculate on why a family put whose name first, last, or 50th in an obit. There are no officially named POIs in this case, and we don't want to start speculating or making insinuations about 'innocent' people.

Thanks.

@Karennn7 Thank you for link.
Quite accomplished academically.
"She graduated Historian of the 2012 class at Youngsville High School, Summa *advertiser censored* Laude from the University of Pittsburgh at Bradford. Maintaining a GPA that kept her in the top 2% of all University of Pittsburgh students her entire college career. Graduating in 2016 with a Major in Biology, a Minor in Nutrition, and a Minor in Psychology."

I can't help but admire this trait:
"Lexi had a passion for learning and understanding the many mysteries of life. As she would often say, “I’m addicted to learning!” and would do extensive research on any given topic staying open minded in her quest for answers." bbm
RIP.

Last edited:
Maybe she was brought back to the area to implicate someone else in her death.
Interesting. I hadn't considered that. I was of the thought that the person was familiar with that area and believed there were no cameras, etc. since up until mid-November it was just that one hotel (and then that salon opened which is the business with the security footage).

P.S. Sorry for whatever is going on with my grammar today. Struggling to write a coherent sentence today send help.

I suspect they're waiting on the tox report. That can take a while.
I agree. From the general smell of the investigation I suspect that circumstances suggest overdose - and perhaps the physical autopsy also presented signs of it. Exactly what the overdose was matters a lot but on the other hand my instincts could be wrong and they might be surveiling a suspect or suspects. Might be both.

I've been leaning towards some sort of substance-related COD -- possibly drugs, possibly some other toxic substance(s). The lingering question in my mind is more centered around the murder/accident/self-inflicted* discussion.

*least likely of the 3, IMO

I've been leaning towards some sort of substance-related COD -- possibly drugs, possibly some other toxic substance(s). The lingering question in my mind is more centered around the murder/accident/self-inflicted* discussion.

*least likely of the 3, IMO
I’m leaning towards accidental OD and whomever she was with freaked out. But Still gotta go to prison.

ARS.
"She was an Executive Director and Mentor at the wellness company Monat." <--- From her obituary,* bbm.
Trying to decipher ^ and how ARS was doing w her business.
This multi-level marketing company** sells haircare & skincare products, dietary supplements, & pet hygiene products thru independent contractors, aka Market Partners, whose earnings are reported to IRS on 1099-MISC,*** so they pay their own fed, state. & local taxes, etc.
Monat's website info re commissions & bonuses is too opaque (for me anyway) to translate into even a guessimate of her earnings level, which some posters here wondered about.
ARS reached "Director" level in Oct. 2018. Presumably ED is higher sales level than Dir., and "Mentor" = ?, but "Market Mentor" is mentioned on website. Appears she had been selling for co. 2+ years. Did she have other employment during that time?

Does any ^ info tie into ARS' death? Nothing specific re $ amts here. But I think a neophyte's Insta-Influencer business/career may offer low-ish income, a tonna stress, with faint resemblance to MSM portrayal of major I-I's. my2cts.

{{Edit, deleted a paragraph.}}
".. privately-held American multi-level marketing company[1][2][3][4] headquartered in Doral, Florida. It is a subsidiary of the Alcora Corporation. The company sells hair care products, skincare products, and hygiene products for pets... founded in 2014..."
Monat - Wikipedia

Last edited:
ARS.
"She was an Executive Director and Mentor at the wellness company Monat." <--- From her obituary,* bbm.
Trying to decipher ^ and how ARS was doing w her business.
This multi-level marketing company** sells haircare & skincare products, dietary supplements, & pet hygiene products thru independent contractors, aka Market Partners, whose earnings are reported to IRS on 1099-MISC,*** so they pay their own fed, state. & local taxes, etc.
Monat's website info re commissions & bonuses is too opaque (for me anyway) to translate into even a guessimate of her earnings level, which some posters here wondered about.
ARS reached "Director" level in Oct. 2018. Presumably ED is higher sales level than Dir., and "Mentor" = ?, but "Market Mentor" is mentioned on website. Appears she had been selling for co. 2+ years. Did she have other employment during that time?

Does any ^ info tie into ARS' death? Nothing specific re $ amts here. But I think a neophyte's Insta-Influencer business/career may offer low-ish income, a tonna stress, with faint resemblance to MSM portrayal of major I-I's. my2cts.

{{Edit, deleted a paragraph.}}
".. privately-held American multi-level marketing company[1][2][3][4] headquartered in Doral, Florida. It is a subsidiary of the Alcora Corporation. The company sells hair care products, skincare products, and hygiene products for pets... founded in 2014..."
Monat - Wikipedia

I don't think "executive director" is prestigious in the way it might be in a normal job (that is not a pyramid type thing). All of the titles of folks in these jobs/businesses sound better than they are. I think it's part of the psychological hype.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Krusty2009