Found Deceased PA - White Haven, 'Beth Doe' & Unborn Baby 169UFPA, 16-22, Dec'76 *Evelyn Colon* *Arrest* #3

Can someone send a link to the PM picture? I probably will regret looking at it after I do.

I would like to see this PM photo as well.

If you go to Instagram and search #bethdoe, the aforementioned collage featuring part of the PM photo should show up as one of the results. You might have to log in or create an account to view the picture up close and read the post that comes along with it.

Last edited:
Never mind I've actually seen this PM photo before. I thought we were talking about another PM photo where half the image isn't the 2002 reconstruction.

I wonder what would have happened if her ears and nose were never cut off so that we'd have a accurate description of what she looked like. Would she still be unidentified today?

I do not remember but is Beth in genealogical research anywhere (i do not find her in the DDP, maybe she is with Othram?).

Judging from the name I would assume that Sandra Shapiro was of at least partial Ashkenazi Jewish descent and that should show in genetic analysis.

Sandra Suzzane Shapiro Laplace – The Charley Project Over the years I have submitted many possible matches for Beth Doe. This is my most recent one sent in
For sure it doesn't hurt to submit her as a match. You never know...
However, I don't remember that was mentioned that Beth Doe had previous pregnancies or gave births to any other child(ren). Also, she looks slightly older than I think Beth was.
Also, there were possible sightings of Sandra, apparently by her son and friends, in 1980's...

Timeline is also pretty far apart, in 99% of the cases, people were killed within days or mere weeks after their disappearance. But nothing is impossible, i still doubt it is Sandra, though.

It really really reminds me of the Reyna Marroqin story somehow... the whole way she was killed... her beauty destroyed by disfiguring her face, her body chopped up and the baby ripped out... it really looks like there was lots of personal hatred involved in her death. My theory is Beth had an affair with a married man or a man in a relationship, fell pregnant by him in order to make him divorce/split up and then she was butchered up by the wife/girlfriend, likely with help of the boyfriend.
In Reynas case, nobody missed her because she was a recent immigrant without family. If that is true for Beth, cant say. She may as well have been local and estranged from family.
I would love to see her ethnicity estimates. Isotopes are proven to be way off sometimes, so I would not count on her being from Croatia...

I don't think this was random, but personal. Someone took alot of time planning her death...from removing the suitcase handles, to taking away identifiable characteristics like a nose and ears...they were very worried about her being found and ID. If it wasn't for the suitcase coming open, who knows how long she and her baby would have been undiscovered. I feel the WSR and numbers were important to her...hours before her death. Enough the write them down..

This girl looks interesting. Janis would have been 23 in 1976.

Hair and eye color match
Age, height, and weight are in range

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Missing Person / NamUs #MP56295
Janis Louise Taylor, Female, White / Caucasian
Date of Last Contact January 9, 1968
Missing From Concord, New Hampshire
Missing Age 15 Years

Circumstances of Disappearance:

At the time of her disappearance, Ms. Taylor had been living in Concord, NH, at various addresses, including 176 N. State Street, 89 School Street and the Alosa Trailer Park on Manchester Street. She was a sophomore attending Concord High School in the Fall/Winter of 1967-68. Prior to attending Concord High School she was enrolled in Manchester Central High School. She grew up in Warner, NH with her 8 siblings. Ms. Taylor was described as being 5 feet 3 inches tall and weighing 110 pounds with brown eyes and long brown hair. She enjoyed 4H activities and riding horses.

Additionally, Ms. Taylor was associated with people who worked at Rumford Press in Concord.

The isotopes don't work out but after Rainbow Falls Jane Doe was solved I'm a lot less inclined to consider them.

Beth's dental info said she had not seen a dentist in some time. That may work with the gap in time that Janice was out of her home.

Janis Louise Taylor.png

Hair and eye color match

Missing Age 15 Years

At the time of her disappearance, Ms. Taylor had been living in Concord, NH, at various addresses, including 176 N. State Street, 89 School Street and the Alosa Trailer Park on Manchester Street. She was a sophomore attending Concord High School in the Fall/Winter of 1967-68. Prior to attending Concord High School she was enrolled in Manchester Central High School. She grew up in Warner, NH with her 8 siblings. Ms. Taylor was described as being 5 feet 3 inches tall and weighing 110 pounds with brown eyes and long brown hair. She enjoyed 4H activities and riding horses.

Additionally, Ms. Taylor was associated with people who worked at Rumford Press in Concord.

The isotopes don't work out but after Rainbow Falls Jane Doe was solved I'm a lot less inclined to consider them.

Beth's dental info said she had not seen a dentist in some time. That may work with the gap in time that Janice was out of her home.

View attachment 276660
Nice find!

Hair and eye color match

Missing Age 15 Years

View attachment 276660
I was just looking at Janis today too! I tried finding a bit more info regarding her disappearance but had no luck. I think this could be worth exploring!

I was just looking at Janis today too! I tried finding a bit more info regarding her disappearance but had no luck. I think this could be worth exploring!

She looks pretty good as a match for Beth.

I didn't find much on Janice. I tried to find anything in Newspapers.com about her disappearance and didn't. I looked for her yearbook on Ancestry but I didn't find one with her in it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
undefined.value
Back