Still Missing CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), California City, 21 Dec 2020 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
You read my mind! Please be careful in there (my mind) lots of dust bunnies to trip over.

WOW I am in total shock from seeing all the trash!! Is that place hopefully the city dump area & not a public space? Little boys would be attracted to all that mess since I seen toys there too (not that I think they are there imho).

no offense to anyone who lives there but i refer to bakerfield as the left armpit of cali (my dad grew up there) victorville is the right one.

Slab City, also called The Slabs, is an unincorporated, off-the-grid squatter community[1] consisting largely of snowbirds[2] in the Salton Trough area of the Sonoran Desert, in Imperial County, California. It took its name from concrete slabs that remained after the World War II Marine Corps Camp Dunlap training camp was torn down.[3] Slab City is known for a lifestyle that contradicts ordinary, civilized lifestyles.[4]

Slab City, California - Wikipedia

Not sure why it is being talked about in this case, IMO no relevance.

they were comparing it to the landscape and wondering if there was anything similar closer by.

Yes, precisely. His firewood story serves many purposes.

Bakersfield police chief video posted upthread... the whole discussion was of general homicide issues in Kern County which continues to paint a picture for what they believe to have had happened. Also gave me pause when he called the babies “young men” lol

Yeah, that was kind of weird.
They're barely out of the toddler stage.

jmo

Last edited by a moderator:
There has been absolutely nothing in any approved sources to indicate these boys are disabled.

Also, discussion about possible financial gain on behalf of the adoptive parents is not victim friendly.

Posts related to the above have been removed. Please move on from those discussions.

There has been absolutely nothing in any approved sources to indicate these boys are disabled.

Also, discussion about possible financial gain on behalf of the adoptive parents is not victim friendly.

Posts related to the above have been removed. Please move on from those discussions.
Thank you! Smh

Wasn’t it said the foster mom was wrapping presents ? Wanted the 2 boys to go outside Bc she they still believed in Santa or something to that affect ?

JW and TW legally adopted these boys, so that makes them their parents, not foster.
(in the interest of keeping the facts straight)

This is the first I'm reading the bit about Santa.

Not in my family, no. But I've known several circumstances where grandchildren do spend time with grandparents. My neighbors used to have their grandkids over for a good chunk of time during the Summer, the youngest stills spends a couple of weeks here and he's almost 18. Family seems pretty normal, parents are involved, etc.

What really bothers me here is them taking some of the kids, and Orson and Orrin staying home. Why? If it was just an issue of too many kids at once, why not send them to the other set of grandparents? They are 3 and 4, they knew their siblings went on "vacation". It's a bit cruel in my opinion to keep them at home.

People keep bringing this up but this is the least hinky part of it, to me. For example I know a family with four kids; the youngest is five years younger than the second youngest and when she was preschool aged she'd stay at home while the older three went to their grandmother's (who lived four hours away). For a few reasons: it's easier on the grandmother to be dealing with older children; and even safe with family, a week or two away from home is a long time without parents for a 3 or 4 year old. Plus it gave her parents time alone with her that they otherwise don't get.

Agreed. ^^^

There are grandparents on both TW and JW's side; as well as the bio-grandparents.
If Orrin and Orson were as 'rambunctious' as TW said they were -- why keep just the two of them at home ?
Sorry, but in the context of what has occurred-- I don't like the use of that word.
It's chilling. :(

There were other homes open to them.
And if the boys haven't been seen since TW and JW moved to the present house in Sept., where have those children been ?
Imo.
Yes, I don't like how they "separated" the kids. Are the older ones much older than Orson and Orrin? Because I've seen several posts stating that the children the neighbors saw might have actually been the older ones. So, really, why did they keep them at home?

People keep bringing this up but this is the least hinky part of it, to me. For example I know a family with four kids; the youngest is five years younger than the second youngest and when she was preschool aged she'd stay at home while the older three went to their grandmother's (who lived four hours away). For a few reasons: it's easier on the grandmother to be dealing with older children; and even safe with family, a week or two away from home is a long time without parents for a 3 or 4 year old. Plus it gave her parents time alone with her that they otherwise don't get.
I don't see things that way though. All the families that I know that do send their children to grandparents, usually if one child goes, all of them go. I'm not shaming anyone, but I've known about grandparents taking multiple sets of granchildren at once. So, to me, it sounds weird. But I understand that all families are different and all kids are different.

I don't see things that way though. All the families that I know that do send their children to grandparents, usually if one child goes, all of them go. I'm not shaming anyone, but I've known about grandparents taking multiple sets of granchildren at once. So, to me, it sounds weird. But I understand that all families are different and all kids are different.

BBM. Yes, they are. That's why I gave an example of a completely normal, happy, functioning family who didn't send their youngest (when they were preschool age) hours away to a grandparents. I don't think LE have expressed concern that they weren't with the grandparents?

BBM. Yes, they are. That's why I gave an example of a completely normal, happy, functioning family who didn't send their youngest (when they were preschool age) hours away to a grandparents. I don't think LE have expressed concern that they weren't with the grandparents?
Right, I think in this case, the fact that two children were not sent to the grandparents ended up being reported missing is... interesting? And then, the most recent statements from the family/grandparents give me the impression that they're suspicious about this too. So yeah, I do wonder if keeping them home was because they were already "missing".

Fact: The boys haven't been found yet. It’s been 18 days. Where are the boys?

I’m wondering about the element: chalk. How does this piece fit into the puzzle? If the parents have staged and rehearsed this story. Why the chalk?

We have chalk, backyard, patio, dirt, wrapping, Christmas, house, cold, firewood, wood, field, gate, panic, van, panic, cold, dark...
Eta: fire

Last edited:
Fact: The boys haven't been found yet. It’s been 18 days. Where are the boys?

I’m wondering about the element: chalk. How does this piece fit into the puzzle? If the parents have staged and rehearsed this story. Why the chalk?

We have chalk, backyard, patio, dirt, wrapping, Christmas, house, cold, firewood, wood, field, gate, panic, van, panic, cold, dark...
Maybe playing with chalk outside was something they would do a lot, but then it doesn't fit the "we mostly stay inside because of the pandemic" narrative.

Wasn’t it said the foster mom was wrapping presents ? Wanted the 2 boys to go outside Bc she they still believed in Santa or something to that affect ?

That’s why they make bedroom doors with locks. I’ll bet nearly every parent in the world has distracted young children with a white lie when they need privacy. Like “Mommy’s taking a shower/laying down/folding clothes, let’s watch a movie/cook dinner/read a book/play with your Legos.” Plus the good old fashioned No, you can’t go in that room right now.

Right, I think in this case, the fact that two children were not sent to the grandparents ended up being reported missing is... interesting? And then, the most recent statements from the family/grandparents give me the impression that they're suspicious about this too. So yeah, I do wonder if keeping them home was because they were already "missing".
Since we don't know if the family routinely kept the youngest kids out of extended visits - it certainly is something to be suspicious of IMO. At least in this focused event where the kids go missing, and we have no idea when they were last seen by someone other than JW & TW.

Speaking for myself. I'm not debating whether it was right or wrong, normal or not normal, families have different comfort levels in that regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rodrickheffley