The HW or WH belt evidence at gilgonews

Found it on google

Really great find. The description of their services is right in alignment with many folks theories regarding the involvement of officials or individuals in public service. Credit to you for locating this company as it is the first mention of it i've seen anywhere.

Just thought I would add that I am of the opinion that it is 'HM' not 'WH'. When H's are crossed off center, they are usually crossed above the letter midpoint, not below it.
One other comment here: There is in fact, a very large global clothing retailer named Hennes Mauritz that has offices/stores all over the world -- many in NYC. They make/sell, among other things, fashionable leather belts. You can find them online easily. Their logo/insignia is H&M and/or HM. Their lettering/font is different, but it can change. That said, I don't know if Hennes Mauritz has ever used the letter typography on the LISK belt. Might be worth looking into though...

Last edited:
IMO When looking at the initials or the font, it gives off more of an "astrology" personal type message?
I've posted this pic before of a Pisces tattoo-https://www.tattoostime.com/beautiful-pisces-tattoo-behind-ear/
And the type of font looks similar to something called "moonstar" font- Font: Moonstar
Perhaps it would be nice to know what Burke's girlfriend (HM) dob is? To me it doesn't appear like a professionally done emboss but more of a "personal" gift. Companies would use something more professional and I feel it would be more easily recognized.

I have had a few discussions with other members regarding this theory (the personal gift to JB from HM). The pic of the tattoo is the best resemblance to the belt markings that I have seen to date, however it only resembles the H.

I have had a few discussions with other members regarding this theory (the personal gift to JB from HM). The pic of the tattoo is the best resemblance to the belt markings that I have seen to date, however it only resembles the H.
Gotcha...if you look at the "Moonstar" font the M also resembles the logo..less the star. It just gives off that kind of vibe (less the star on the font) ?

Gotcha...if you look at the "Moonstar" font the M also resembles the logo..less the star. It just gives off that kind of vibe (less the star on the font) ?
Oh for sure, the font is definitely "moonstar" I was just referring to the astrological signage only pertaining to the "H". If what you mean is the initials still being "HM's", definitely possible.

Last thoughts here... I suppose it could be 'WH' if the W stood for 'white'. The lettering color appears to be white. Or maybe the belt is a Chinese made 'knock-off' of the Hennes-Mauritz brand, which IS made/sold in China. The LISK belt does look similar to several actual Hennes Mauritz belts I see online...

Last edited:
IMO When looking at the initials or the font, it gives off more of an "astrology" personal type message?
I've posted this pic before of a Pisces tattoo-https://www.tattoostime.com/beautiful-pisces-tattoo-behind-ear/
And the type of font looks similar to something called "moonstar" font- Font: Moonstar
Here's a full chart. Moon Star Font Both letters are certainly of this type, if only at an amateur level. (EDITED: Just realized your original link does indeed have the full alphabet. Apologies...)
Notice the differences between the M and W. Again points to HM being the proper orientation, again conceding that this is likely an amateur job and COULD be the other.
Perhaps it would be nice to know what Burke's girlfriend (HM) dob is?
Appears to be May, which would be Taurus or Gemini, NOT Pisces.

Here's a full chart. Moon Star Font Both letters are certainly of this type, if only at an amateur level. (EDITED: Just realized your original link does indeed have the full alphabet. Apologies...)
Notice the differences between the M and W. Again points to HM being the proper orientation, again conceding that this is likely an amateur job and COULD be the other.

Appears to be May, which would be Taurus or Gemini, NOT Pisces.
I too saw a "May" dob for HM but I wonder how correct that could be. Without the actually real dob we may not know for sure?

Perhaps the "no glove" pertains to the cop/investigator that picked up the belt without a glove on at the crime scene?
This is almost certainly what it is referring to. In fact, if you look at the photo you can see the powder blue glover under some of the crop marks.

Rabbit hole probably:

"...the company provides a service that most people who live or work in the city take for granted: the supplying and cleaning of uniforms for door staff, porters, engineers and security guards at apartment and office buildings.....
Clients include some of the biggest names in real estate: TF Cornerstone, the Rudin Management Company and the Rockrose Development Corporation, to name a few.
The company also provides uniforms for engineers and security guards at Rockefeller Center...."
Because the Doorman Doesn’t Iron (Published 2013)

Was also trying to look up where NYPD get uniforms...in doing so I found contracts online and it seems officers get a uniform allowance of 1k or so...then there are a lot of official NYPD uniform vendors online...are they required to purchase their own uniforms?

When it comes to the description of the letting on the belt I believe it's called "engraving" not embossed as Hart specifies. Not that it makes a difference but it's good to know.

I also found a font called, "Growler" which I believe looks like the font used. Growler font

The company that supplies this type of font could be Summitsoft. There is a package collection called, "Pro Master" that I believe includes this type of font but there are over 7,000 fonts included and one would need to purchase. FontPack Pro Master Collection | #1 Selling Master Font Collection

If this belt was engraved, I believe they would print out the template and use an engraving tool over that. So perhaps someone with knowledge of engraving would be helpful to learn more?

When it comes to the description of the letting on the belt I believe it's called "engraving" not embossed as Hart specifies. Not that it makes a difference but it's good to know.

I also found a font called, "Growler" which I believe looks like the font used. Growler font

The company that supplies this type of font could be Summitsoft. There is a package collection called, "Pro Master" that I believe includes this type of font but there are over 7,000 fonts included and one would need to purchase. FontPack Pro Master Collection | #1 Selling Master Font Collection

If this belt was engraved, I believe they would print out the template and use an engraving tool over that. So perhaps someone with knowledge of engraving would be helpful to learn more?
I just looked up "embossed" and it does indeed describe a few different methods of marking, stamping being one of them. I learned something here as I always thought embossed meant embroidered or engraved (which it does) but stamping something (which I think is the case with the HM/WH) is also part of embossing, who woulda knew? :)

I just looked up "embossed" and it does indeed describe a few different methods of marking, stamping being one of them. I learned something here as I always thought embossed meant embroidered or engraved (which it does) but stamping something (which I think is the case with the HM/WH) is also part of embossing, who woulda knew? :)
Yeah, I was curious too, I didn't know either.

It seems that if the belt was approx 1.5" wide and the initials were 1/2," then possibly the belt was used or carved w a dremel. The size of the initials is quite small, smaller than a dime. This may explain the "unprofessional" or "homemade" look. A dremel could be one of the tools used in order to carve and get that small size.

Yeah, I was curious too, I didn't know either.

It seems that if the belt was approx 1.5" wide and the initials were 1/2," then possibly the belt was used or carved w a dremel. The size of the initials is quite small, smaller than a dime. This may explain the "unprofessional" or "homemade" look. A dremel could be one of the tools used in order to carve and get that small size.
Thank you for your reply. I think a dremel would leave more of a digging mark, the lettering looks more (to me) as a stamp (IMHO of course) .

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back