Recovered/Located TX - Alexis Cavazos, 16, last seen leaving her job, Dallas, 7 Feb 2021

Is anyone local?

First a deadly 133 vehicle wreck with 9 dead outside of Fort Worth.

DFW has been hit hard by Winter Storm Uri

Why the Texas power grid is struggling to cope with the extreme cold

4.2 million without power. Going on 48 hours with no heat or water.

Local LE departments in some Texas counties do not have power and the energy provider has no idea on time frame.

If her dad could get more information into MSM - that might help.

Is there a dedicated public page set up for Alexis?
I’m local, not in Dallas proper, in the burbs. You’ve pretty much summed up our news. Due to power/cable/internet issues, I haven’t even seen a full newscast in days. I heard about Lexi’s case here. Not even on my local news app, makes me so sad. I’m just heartbroken for her and her family! I have a 17 yo daughter and cannot even imagine what her family is going through.

I’m so very thankful to be a part of this community. You are all so caring and welcoming. Thanks to all!!

I was surprised that he could remotely access her contacts. I've never heard of that being possible. Could he also read her texts?
I don't know about the checking texts part, but if your phone contacts are linked to an email account, like gmail, then you could access the contacts there also. But that's assuming her dad had her email login info...

I think her father mentioned twice that she wasn't perfect. Were there prior trust/control issues? He said that she had never run away before.

That's a possibility.

the impression I got from the Inside Crime Missing interview was that such a system was of last resort - that he doesn't check or rifle through things on a regular basis. She has read receipts turned on and is always replying to his texts. He sent two texts that showed delivered but not seen but wasn't automatically alarmed just yet.

however he also said that she isn't the type to test the waters - that she wouldn't come home just to see what would happen. Plus, he told her to set the alarm when she got back, so there does seem to be a high level of trust there, if she knows how the system works and is asked to set it.

I was surprised that he could remotely access her contacts. I've never heard of that being possible. Could he also read her texts? If so, that seems a bit too much to me and might be a reason to get a burner and/or runaway.
And regarding the dispute in the restaurant, I wonder if LE pulled credit card info from the cash register system and contacted customers who were there doing her shift?

I've met plenty of "overprotective" parents. I haven't heard of parents having access to contacts. Is anyone familiar with this? Could the father read any conversation, or just initiate conversations remotely?

I find it odd that none of Lexi's coworkers noticed she was missing. They aren't there to babysit, but surely they'd be conscious of the newly turned 16 year old working at the cash register, no? All that time passes. No employee at any time before 4 AM says "where's Lexi?" or sees her belongings. Who closed the restaurant? It seems strange to me that her dad ultimately ended up texting the boss and that is how he found out. She worked at the cash register. I just can't imagine that no one said "where's Lexi?" at some point before her dad had to check dumpsters to find her. Need more information quickly so we can find this girl. The weather conditions are not helping. A still photograph of the vehicle Lexi got into would go a long way. I know her father said people are looking at cameras. Seems to me something that would take a few hours, not a week.

I've met plenty of "overprotective" parents. I haven't heard of parents having access to contacts. Is anyone familiar with this? Could the father read any conversation, or just initiate conversations remotely?

I have an issue with the fact that none of Lexi's coworkers noticed she was missing. They aren't there to babysit, but surely they'd be conscious of the newly turned 16 year old working at the cash register, no? All that time passes. No employee at any time before 4 AM says "where's Lexi?" or sees her belongings. Who closed the restaurant? It seems strange to me that her dad ultimately ended up texting the boss and that is how he found out. She worked at the cash register. I just can't imagine that no one said "where's Lexi?" at some point before her dad had to check dumpsters to find her. Need more information quickly so we can find this girl. The weather conditions are not helping. A still photograph of the vehicle Lexi got into would go a long way. I know her father said people are looking at cameras. Seems to me something that would take a few hours, not a week.
There is a major storm across many parts of Texas, and millions without electricity or heat. This is probably impeding progress right now.

amateur opinion and speculation

I don't know about the checking texts part, but if your phone contacts are linked to an email account, like gmail, then you could access the contacts there also. But that's assuming her dad had her email login info...
He must also have access to her fb account, where updates were made on Feb 10 reflecting that she is missing.

Last edited:
There is a major storm across many parts of Texas, and millions without electricity or heat. This is probably impeding progress right now.

amateur opinion and speculation
The situation with power outages has not improved in Texas.

There are no “rolling blackouts” or “rotating outages” - they can not do that without compromising the entire grid.

Residences that lost power before dawn on Monday still do not have power and could be unknown days before it is restored.

Energy providers have been instructed to shed more load - this will mean pulling the plug for circuits used to power critical infrastructure such as hospitals and emergency response stations.

So - I think the dire power situation has had a detrimental effect on news/reporting/etc.

JMO

I find it odd that none of Lexi's coworkers noticed she was missing. They aren't there to babysit, but surely they'd be conscious of the newly turned 16 year old working at the cash register, no? All that time passes. No employee at any time before 4 AM says "where's Lexi?" or sees her belongings. Who closed the restaurant? It seems strange to me that her dad ultimately ended up texting the boss and that is how he found out. She worked at the cash register. I just can't imagine that no one said "where's Lexi?" at some point before her dad had to check dumpsters to find her. Need more information quickly so we can find this girl. The weather conditions are not helping. A still photograph of the vehicle Lexi got into would go a long way. I know her father said people are looking at cameras. Seems to me something that would take a few hours, not a week.

I don't view her father as over-protective. In the olden days, when phones were attached to wires in the house, there was nothing unusual about parents knowing the names, including last names, and phone numbers of their children's friends. This was for safety reasons and to make life easier when parents needed to quickly get in touch with children who were visiting friends.

Her father probably paid the phone bill, so he should have access to contact numbers and other basic information.

The most important lesson that teenagers have to learn is that they can have their independence, but with it comes responsibility. If they cannot be responsible, they cannot have their independence. It takes time for this to sink in, and it is painful for teenagers, but eventually they get it.

My impression is that Alexis is stuck at this point. She wants independence, but is not responsible. That absence of responsibility could have placed her at risk with dangerous people.

The restaurant closed at 11:30 PM. It was 4 AM when her father noticed that she was not at home. Depending on lighting and camera angles, it's one thing to locate the dark vehicle on camera, another to identify it, and something else to track where it went after leaving the alley. With the snow storm, her apparent voluntary disappearance would be low priority.

What’s the indoor dining capacity currently for a sports bar in Dallas?

I’m guessing 50% indoor capacity with tables set 6 feet apart.

So it’s not like a typical busy night.

Alexis suddenly disappearing from her station at the register would have been noted by employees and certainly by the manager working that night - if there was even one on site? The father had to call and tell her? That sounds hinky.
JMO

What’s the indoor dining capacity currently for a sports bar in Dallas?

I’m guessing 50% indoor capacity with tables set 6 feet apart.

So it’s not like a typical busy night.

Alexis suddenly disappearing from her station at the register would have been noted by employees and certainly by the manager working that night - if there was even one on site? The father had to call and tell her? That sounds hinky.
JMO

From her father's interview, he doesn't say that she vanished from her work station during the evening. The restaurant was closed and everyone was leaving for the night. It was 11:30PM. She told her father that she had a ride. The only difference is that she usually got a ride from the manager or a co-worker and they all left together out the front door. That evening, she left out the back door to get a ride.

From her father's interview, he doesn't say that she vanished from her work station during the evening. The restaurant was closed and everyone was leaving for the night. It was 11:30PM. She told her father that she had a ride. The only difference is that she usually got a ride from the manager or a co-worker and they all left together out the front door. That evening, she left out the back door to get a ride.
The question is, did others leave the restaurant together that night? If yes, did anyone ask where she was? Did the cook tell them that she left through the back door? Did anyone wonder who picked her up? Did they think it was her father? If they left separately, did everyone assume that she left with another coworker? I'm trying to figure out why nobody raised the alarm.

The question is, did others leave the restaurant together that night? If yes, did anyone ask where she was? Did the cook tell them that she left through the back door? Did anyone wonder who picked her up? Did they think it was her father? If they left separately, did everyone assume that she left with another coworker? I'm trying to figure out why nobody raised the alarm.

Why would anyone be concerned when they were leaving the restaurant at the end of their shift that she didn't need a ride? It sounds like she usually got a ride from her father or someone at work, which explains the last communication with her father about whether she needed him to pick her up. The chef mentioned after the fact that she exited out the back door, which wasn't the norm, but at the time it wasn't alarming.

Why would anyone be concerned when they were leaving the restaurant at the end of their shift that she didn't need a ride? It sounds like she usually got a ride from her father or someone at work, which explains the last communication with her father about whether she needed him to pick her up. The chef mentioned after the fact that she exited out the back door, which wasn't the norm, but at the time it wasn't alarming.
So when others (apart from the cook) were leaving, together or separately, they just didn't think of her or they assumed that her father must have picked her up since she wasn't there. Maybe the cook thought that she returned, but the sunglasses part doesn't fit.

It would be interesting to know if any items of clothing are missing from home. Did she take a purse or a backpack with her?

Last edited:
I worked in restaurants from the age of 14. Everybody is just in their own little bubble. I never paid attention to how other people got home...nor did I care actually. Moo
Yeah, but it was claimed early on that this restaurant had a policy in place. The admin of the restaurant's fb page claims that "staff members leave together at night" and "that's how the police have a description of the vehicle" in this case.

BoomerJack's Grill

Yeah, but it was claimed early on that this restaurant had a policy in place. The admin of the restaurant's fb page claims that "staff members leave together at night" and "that's how the police have a description of the vehicle" in this case.

BoomerJack's Grill

I suspect that "leave together" means that no one is alone in the restaurant at night.

I suspect that "leave together" means that no one is alone in the restaurant at night.
The question posed that prompted that answer was if they walked minors to their rides after their shifts. I'm not sure if "leaving together" covers it. If they go out together they can see who anyone left with, but they don't question it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53
Back