Recovered/Located TX - Alexis Cavazos, 16, last seen leaving her job, Dallas, 7 Feb 2021

I really hope the father and/or DPD has gotten to FaceTime with AC or some other proof of life. I hope that there would be more noise if that was not the case?? What do you all think?

Oooh, @SimplyCass , I certainly don't judge the cook in any way at all – nor did I want to present his non-reaction to the event as potentially sinister.

If he's a young man, I'd imagine he'd be curious when he witnessed Alexis's unusual behaviour, and want to see if she had a romantic encounter, and with whom. And is he's an older man, I'd expect him to be concerned for her safety.

It was the cook's recounting of what he'd seen that led to DC to state "At that point, that's panic, so we immediately call the police...", which led me to ponder on his lack of interest, which I thought odd.

It's horrible to imagine how it must have been for DC to drive to the restaurant and find it closed, with no one there. Until that moment, because he knew her phone was at BoomerJacks, he'd believed Alexis was working late. And I'm haunted by the image of a father looking in dumpsters for his missing daughter.

May LE be well-guided in their search for Alexis.

I see, thanks for the clarification. I remain concerned that we're analyzing the cook's statement/story too much and making assumptions based on an incomplete picture of the entire situation. Hard to know. I really wish LE would give a press conference or something.

I can’t either . I am usually the last to go with the trafficking theory... but this girl would be a target in my opinion . I really hope she is ok. Her dad definitely needs to keep her name out there .

moo
I guess I would think that except I believe her dad knows where/who she’s with but for some reason can’t say? Or something. I just don’t know. Something is off with this case. Maybe it has something to do with him not being her bio dad? Maybe mom knows something (not necessarily something bad but something)? MOO

I guess I would think that except I believe her dad knows where/who she’s with but for some reason can’t say? Or something. I just don’t know. Something is off with this case. Maybe it has something to do with him not being her bio dad? Maybe mom knows something (not necessarily something bad but something)? MOO
But she did live with him right ?

I find it odd the cook is unable to say whether or not Alexis entered the vehicle he allegedly saw her approach. He also doesn't mention if he saw her speak with the driver or passenger.

Though perhaps the cook could have been more alert given the totality of the situation (young girl, at night, leaving out the back), I think he is cautiously speaking in the "absolute mode" when talking to the police.

For example, in day to day level, I can relate that my daughter and wife left for school in the morning at a certain time.

But in an absolute level, my testimony changes: I truly only heard my wife talk about leaving, I did not truly see who left the house, and though the car engine started up seconds after the door open and closed, I did not truly see who got into the car.

Last edited:
Though perhaps the cook could have been more alert given the totality of the situation (young girl, at night, leaving out the back), I think he is cautiously speaking in the "absolute mode" when talking to the police.

For example, in day to day level, I can relate that my daughter and wife left for school in the morning at a certain time.

But in an absolute level, my testimony changes: I truly only heard my wife talk about leaving, I did not truly see who left the house, and though the car engine started up seconds after the door open and closed, I did not truly see who got into the car.
You are probably right, there’s just no telling anymore in this world I mean people just do crazy crazy things.

moo

DC did an outstanding job of communicating his concern eloquently and articulately in his interview. With calmness and credibility, he was able to show Lexi's strength of character yet acknowledge her humanity as a normal, potentially unpredictable adolescent. He was able to telegraph his feelings about the response time from law enforcement in a non-accusatory, relatable way. His message was powerful, but its reach was so limited.

The lack of MSM info is beyond frustrating. Potentially viable puzzle pieces cannot be discussed until more info has been shared with the media.

A quick google search defaults to someone else's AC before the bottom of the first page of results. None of the front-page websites listed belong to the police department or local news stations. I refuse to consider the notion that law enforcement and the media are simply neglecting the case. They'd never ignore someone's missing child. Perhaps they don't have enough info to confirm abduction, but as DC himself said, even if she did run away, ultimately she's still a kid who needs to be found.

What are some reasons why so little info might be available?

DC did an outstanding job of communicating his concern eloquently and articulately in his interview. With calmness and credibility, he was able to show Lexi's strength of character yet acknowledge her humanity as a normal, potentially unpredictable adolescent. He was able to telegraph his feelings about the response time from law enforcement in a non-accusatory, relatable way. His message was powerful, but its reach was so limited.

The lack of MSM info is beyond frustrating. Potentially viable puzzle pieces cannot be discussed until more info has been shared with the media.

A quick google search defaults to someone else's AC before the bottom of the first page of results. None of the front-page websites listed belong to the police department or local news stations. I refuse to consider the notion that law enforcement and the media are simply neglecting the case. They'd never ignore someone's missing child. Perhaps they don't have enough info to confirm abduction, but as DC himself said, even if she did run away, ultimately she's still a kid who needs to be found.

What are some reasons why so little info might be available?
He hasn’t reached out to news outlets . Or possibly FBI or marshals are involved and they don’t want that known right now . It could also be he knows where she is and he is trying to handle it ? I’m just not sure ... buts it’s odd.
Moo

Welcome @MoxieAndMain!!!!

Regarding your question about so little info being available....I’ve been following missing person cases for years and asked this question multiple times - I have yet to come up with a plausible explanation. No follow-up by MSM? Family keeping quiet? So many questions and very few answers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome @MoxieAndMain!!!!

Regarding your question about so little info being available....I’ve been following missing person cases for years and asked this question multiple times - I have yet to come up with a plausible explanation. No follow-up by MSM? Family keeping quiet? So many questions and very few answers.
ITA cpeacock1, I can think of a couple of cases I’m following right now that are like this. MOO

Possibilities

1. Runaway; choosing to remain hidden.
2. Runaway; being prevented from returning by someone else.
3. Opportunity-based abduction; any girl could have been abducted from that place on that night.
4. Pre-meditated abduction; Lexi was personally and specifically targeted in advance.

Based on DC's interview, it sounds like the family is open to considering any of these scenarios. Are there other plausible scenarios that should be considered?

Possibilities

3. Opportunity-based abduction; any girl could have been abducted from that place on that night.
4. Pre-meditated abduction; Lexi was personally and specifically targeted in advance.

Based on DC's interview, it sounds like the family is open to considering any of these scenarios. Are there other plausible scenarios that should be considered?
As I posted upthread, I'm considering this foul play until we (hopefully) learn otherwise. Too much time has elapsed for this to be some ill conceived teenage lark. I fear for her safety, and really hope I'm proven wrong.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Possibilities

I think possibly #3 or # 4 if I had to choose out of those 4.
If I thought of another scenario it would be something happened to her at the restaurant and the car was a lie .
Moo

As I posted upthread, I'm considering this foul play until we (hopefully) learn otherwise. Too much time has elapsed for this to be some ill conceived teenage lark. I fear for her safety, and really hope I'm proven wrong.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Normally I'd be thinking foul play, too, but the sister's interview keeps me uncertain. In response to the question of, "If Lexi is watching, what would you want her to know?" she'd said:
- I love you.
- I care for you deeply.
- I'm worried and I want to know you're okay.
- I'm always going to be here for you no matter what.

Loving and sincere. Very... carefully considered? Cerebral? It wouldn't be fair to over-analyze her heartfelt message or look too deeply. Still, I viewed it a few times with the hope of better understanding and connecting with whichever stage of loss/grief she was experiencing (shock/denial, anger, bargaining, depression, acceptance?) but I couldn't read her.

I watched again, this time hoping her word choice would show a glimpse of the family's hypothesis and things unspoken. No phrases firmly indicated AC was gone of her own volition or in control of her return (such as "Please come home, it's not the same without you" or "We miss you so much. Even the dog misses you dearly.") Nor did anything indicate AC is gone against her volition (and out of control of her return, such as "Stay strong and keep fighting, we're going to find you," or "Try to get help if you can," or "Please let my sister come home to us.")

Such composure is usually acquired after (and not during) intensely stressful situations. In my opinion-- purely speculation-- this family has already overcome some substantial hardships together. I hope their strength and resilience helps them navigate these troubled times and that Lexi is able to return soon.

Yes, Rachelj1, I agree.

Let's hope LE have reviewed camera footage from inside the restaurant and if it looks suspicious, also gone to the address of the cook and checked his home/car out, possibly with a sniffer dog if need be. He may be totally innocent, but he was the last to see her. If he's innocent he won't mind co-operating with them.

I think possibly #3 or # 4 if I had to choose out of those 4.
If I thought of another scenario it would be something happened to her at the restaurant and the car was a lie .
Moo
I feel like if her dad thought she had been 3 or 4 then he’d be allll over the news. Screaming from the rooftops. That’s why I’m leaning towards her being a runaway and him knowing she’s alive and “ok” just not wanting to go home for some reason. But MOO of course. Truly bizarre.

I really hope the father and/or DPD has gotten to FaceTime with AC or some other proof of life. I hope that there would be more noise if that was not the case?? What do you all think?
I think if there was any proof of life or anyone had seen her it would have been reported by now. She is still listed as a missing person and police are still asking for information, as far as I can tell.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imaguppynotashark
Back