Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #52

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not feeling confident that there will be resolution here. I think LE may know who the responsible party is, but the DA may not feel there is enough evidence to support a conviction. I wonder how some of the characters sleep at night.

I have a theory that they may be able to pin the removal of a dead body on BM but not a murder. So it's going to take much longer to build a case for murder.

He said he left around 5:00 am to prepare for the job in Broomfield. He likely would have arrived by 8:00 am but we don't know if he went to the hotel or the jobsite first. The employees said it looked like nothing was done so we don't know what he was doing all day. That's the big question.

He said he called and left messages for Suzanne but never heard back. His daughters apparently called him and said she wasn't returning their calls and at some point he called the neighbor, asked her to check the garage for the cars, then the bike, and the neighbor called 911. BM claimed he headed home at that point. I think he said it was around 5:00 pm. I don't think we know exactly when he got to the scene. Imo

bbm

The 911 call about SUZANNE being missing came in at 5:46 p. m.

BM said, and so did MG, iirc, that he left Broomfield at 5:00 p. m.

Two of his three-person “work crew” said he was not in Broomfield when they arrived there about 6:00 p. m., as reported publicly. (I hope the third person talked with LE, even if he did not talk with a reporter.)

BM was not where he should have been, in Broomfield to meet his crew for the Monday morning job.

LE should know exactly when BM left Broomfield for Maysville that Sunday evening. And if he left prior to the 911 call at 5:46 p. m., that’s a problem. For me.

Yeah, I know he probably said he was worried after the phone calls with the neighbor, and her search for SUZANNE at the Morphew house.

I think there’s a lot of inconsistencies BM has had to try and explain away.

Many other cases like this one have taken years to unfold to an arrest and conviction. Patience.

Isn't BM renting the place through AirBnB? If so, he probably has a regular housekeeper. Did they have a housekeeper when Suzanne was there? If so, maybe, she is still working for Barry.
Ohhh thank you, that's right I forgot about AirBnB. That service probably offers housekeeping. That was a big house, I'm sure Suzanne used a housekeeper. Knowing how warm and kind she was to everyone, I'll bet she considered anyone who worked around the house a friend.

Ohhh thank you, that's right I forgot about AirBnB. That service probably offers housekeeping. That was a big house, I'm sure Suzanne used a housekeeper. Knowing how warm and kind she was to everyone, I'll bet she considered anyone who worked around the house a friend.

I tried finding it on AirBnB - and couldn't, but I did get sidetracked with some of the beautiful houses on there :)

As far as Suzanne using a housekeeper, she was also going through cancer treatment. I am sure they had help with housework.

Cleaners know a lot. I'm sure their cleaner has been interviewed by LE, and I'm sure it was insightful.

I think the cleaner who ran into them at the communal dumpsters was one who was working at a nearby Airbnb?

MOO

bbm

The 911 call about SUZANNE being missing came in at 5:46 p. m.

BM said, and so did MG, iirc, that he left Broomfield at 5:00 p. m.

Two of his three-person “work crew” said he was not in Broomfield when they arrived there about 6:00 p. m., as reported publicly. (I hope the third person talked with LE, even if he did not talk with a reporter.)

BM was not where he should have been, in Broomfield to meet his crew for the Monday morning job.

LE should know exactly when BM left Broomfield for Maysville that Sunday evening. And if he left prior to the 911 call at 5:46 p. m., that’s a problem. For me.

Yeah, I know he probably said he was worried after the phone calls with the neighbor, and her search for SUZANNE at the Morphew house.

I think there’s a lot of inconsistencies BM has had to try and explain away.

Many other cases like this one have taken years to unfold to an arrest and conviction. Patience.
Yes, when the workers arrived at 6:00 pm, BM was already gone. He had told Jeff he had a family emergency, but it's not clear what time he called him. Jeff said the room smelled of chlorine and there were wet towels on the floor, mail in the trash can, and the bed looked like he had been lying down on it.

I'm not sure he said he left right after the 911 call was made or before, but if he left at 5:00 it had to be before. I don't think we know if he was at the hotel or on the road when he spoke to the neighbor. He was very vague. I kept waiting for him to explain where he was and what he was doing all day in his interviews, but he never did.

And yes, there are security cameras in the hotel so I'm sure LE knows exactly what time he arrived and when he left. I would think they would know where he was, too, by the cell phone data and GPS in his truck. I've wondered if that was the day he said he was doing a "mechanical thing" to his bobcat, but now I'm not sure he ever had it with him.

Wow! What a find! I know that BM first had it listed for sale. Then, didn't he rent it as an AirBnB? Now, it's sold! Where do people get this kind of money??

Think about it. With the sale of the IN and CO homes and the sale of SM's other items, I don't think that BM really has to work any longer if he doesn't want to work. He has more money than a lot of people have when they retire.

Now, he should have all the time in the world to search for his missing wife...

I don’t hold against LE for their handling of the bike scene. They made in fact have done a fantastic, professional job. I don’t know, and even if they made mistakes, I don’t blame them. I do feel that the handling of the bike is going to be a thorn in the flesh and may be a factor in why there has not been an arrest.
jmo
Just keep in mind the mishandling of the bike was reported by Barry and his best friend. So I would not take it as fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member