Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #52

Status
Not open for further replies.
MAR 4, 2021
Suzanne Morphew’s home sold, Chaffee County mother missing for nearly 10 months | FOX21 News Colorado
[...]

The Morphew family home was put on the market in October and was sold Wednesday for $1,625,000. The 3-bedroom home, located on Puma Path in Maysville, was listed on Zillow and Redfin at $1,759,000. According to the assessor’s office, the home was sold to the Morphews for $1,575,000 in April of 2018; they were the second homeowners.

image0-2.jpeg

In addition to the Puma Path house selling, Suzanne’s husband Barry Morphew also recently sold another property in Salida, Colorado. The land was a 2-acre vacant lot in Longhorn Ranch Subdivision which he purchased in June of 2020 for $165,000. In February of 2021, the property was sold for $150,000.

IMG_4728.jpg
IMG_4729.jpg
image1.jpeg

[...]

Maybe Friday's messages were the ones cut short.

Maybe Sarurday morning's were the ones that seemed off.

Maybe they ended just before 9 because somebody needed to pick up MG and get to Salida.

Maybe Friday night in Salida was nefarious and Saturday night too. Both.

Maybe the messaging that seemed off was because "Suzanne" messaged that she was going for a SATURDAY bike ride.

Maybe Saturday was the panic day. The alibi ... work, then seen in town.... maybe the girls were expected to be home on SATURDAY, well in time to spend Mother's Day with their mom...

What if the bike met the tree on SATURDAY, only no one discovered it, giving the disappearer a chance to better cover tracks (figuratively and literally) but also necessitated a whole new alibi, for Sunday?

Those messages are going to tell the story. IMO.

JMO
Congrats @Megnut... you’ve got me thinking this is a possibility. I’ve always held firm on the texts abruptly stopping on Saturday, but you finally got through to me. I appreciate your input so much!

I have no issues with LE. They are doing what they can with the information that they have. Same with the DA at this point-since we don’t know what evidence is there, we don’t know if there is enough to support a conviction. Better to wait .

I don’t think that the perp’s behavior existed in a vacuum. I don’t think that this was a question of a completely normal person snapping for the first time and killing Suzanne. I just wonder about the people that surround that person. What are they withholding? Are they still supporting that individual? Did they see things or know things that they are not sharing? I feel like they are not honoring Suzanne. I think of the Unabomber’s brother who turned him in. Sadly, sometimes you have to do what’s right, even if it hurts people close to you. Those are the individuals I wonder about.
Excellent post! I agree, anyone withholding information should speak up. I mean, do you really value your friendship so much that you could overlook murder? WTF??

I love that news channels are picking up on this.

from the article- last sentences..
Suzanne Morphew's home sold
In the past, Morphew and family friends have promoted a $200,000 reward for information leading to Suzanne’s safe return – no questions asked. It is unclear if whether that offer still stands.” BBM that made me laugh.

Bet a detective would get a real kick out that question :p

Little over two months and it will be a whole year since Suzanne went missing. Meanwhile it appears someone close to her is still free to roam about footloose and not a care in the world. Has the house sold yet, I haven't kept up with that detail? If not, I wonder how good he is at keeping it clean? Bet he has a great helper ...

A great helper indeed! The house did sell a few days ago. What's next, I wonder?

A great helper indeed! The house did sell a few days ago. What's next, I wonder?

My very first post in this case, although I’ve been with you all from the beginning hoping and praying for a breakthrough that will bring Suzanne home. I’ve just finished reading an article about retirement in third world countries. Please don’t tell me Barry is now able to just slip off to Mexico with his $1.6 million?

My very first post in this case, although I’ve been with you all from the beginning hoping and praying for a breakthrough that will bring Suzanne home. I’ve just finished reading an article about retirement in third world countries. Please don’t tell me Barry is now able to just slip off to Mexico with his $1.6 million?

Welcome! I was thinking about the same thing. It's just so infuriating when (alleged) murderers profit from their crimes. Before I didn't believe he would even leave the state, but with that kind of money, you can set up a nice life anywhere.

Welcome! I was thinking about the same thing. It's just so infuriating when (alleged) murderers profit from their crimes. Before I didn't believe he would even leave the state, but with that kind of money, you can set up a nice life anywhere.
Thank you Kittybunny!
It will be very interesting to see what happens next

All this money looks like a motive to me . He was in a bad mood on Saturday asking MG to sweep the beach job.... then Saturday afternoon he tells her he has to make the wife happy ... but apparently was shopping all day . Sunday am she said he sounded like he had the worst night of his life ... I think it was tension building up to Saturday night he just couldn’t hold back anymore .

In my opinion !

Yep and he would have a lame excuse of course explaining why he’s moving !
Moo

I have a theory that they may be able to pin the removal of a dead body on BM but not a murder. So it's going to take much longer to build a case for murder.

Considering LE had not found a body, how would your theory go?

Although I do agree that LE might highly suspect BM of removing a body based on his movements and time that weekend.

There was lots of theories that BM was cash strapped. Does this change things? I would think so.
JMO

I don’t follow.

He certainly could have been cash strapped prior to selling off his real estate. The more telling thing will be what his living situation and finances are like in a few months - year. If any of the proceeds or a lot of the proceeds were used to pay off debt, either legal debt or non public debt, then his next living situation could be telling.

Or maybe he wasn’t cash strapped and just wanted to liquidate assets knowing SM was dead and he’d ride off into the sunset with a new woman in a new home/city/state.

I don’t follow.

He certainly could have been cash strapped prior to selling off his real estate. The more telling thing will be what his living situation and finances are like in a few months - year. If any of the proceeds or a lot of the proceeds were used to pay off debt, either legal debt or non public debt, then his next living situation could be telling.

Or maybe he wasn’t cash strapped and just wanted to liquidate assets knowing SM was dead and he’d ride off into the sunset with a new woman in a new home/city/state.
I think OP meant he may have been cash strapped before Suzanne ever went missing? That may have been a significant factor or motivation for a crime. Imo

I love that news channels are picking up on this.

Suzanne Morphew's home sold
It looks like he made a little on the Puma Path sale but lost money on the Longhorn Ranch lot. I wonder why he bought that property in the first place.

I don't know what all this means, but it looks like he got the $500,000 back that Suzanne allegedly put into the Puma Path house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname