UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
My theories so far about what happened are:
This is WC first kill, but he likely has a history of sexual assault and violence, and I suspect LE will find some disturbing *advertiser censored* on his devices. The reason I think it's a first offence is that he's done a really sloppy job and been arrested within a week. I think he has fantasised about it for some time, and on that night, something snapped.
I truly think SE was just completely random choice and if it wasn't her, it would have been someone else. She was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Perhaps he noticed her because she was a young, attractive woman.
I think he lured her in in an abuse of his power. I think possibly he flashed his warrant card, told her she was being followed, and offered to give her a lift home as LE.
I think LE suspected WC early on, as there can't be that many cars around in that area in that short time frame. The fact that he was LE and also did not alert them that he was in the area of a huge crime must have raised red flags.

EDIT: ALL IMO, JMO

This is such a salient point! I wonder if any if his colleagues mentioned the case to him, and if they did, how he reacted.

Regarding the speculation over the car, it's perhaps worth noting that this article Policeman arrested on suspicion of murder of missing Sarah Everard is pictured quotes a neighbour (Mr Ladd) as saying a vehicle was removed on the night of the arrest (this would therefore be in addition to the 2 vehicles pictured being removed the day after). No idea whether this report is accurate, but worth considering there were two vehicles in the household and a further hire car which police knew was the vehicle of most interest and therefore removed it immediately (MOO).

H
This is a good observation. To add and consider IMO. The poi finishes work at 8pm. If he's doing armed details what's the process of handing in his weapon? He also needs to get to his car then drive to Poynders from where he did his shift. Did he then expose himself to someone else same location or different? This may give some time of the initial confrontation on whether or not he had time to imitate an on duty PO or if he snatched and subdued her right away. IMO it had to have been quick and some force must have been used. He may have known at that point there is not cctv at the point. Being on that road increases chances of people walking by.
He finished his shift at 8pm the day he was arrested, not the day of Sarah’s disappearance.

The huge amount of police presence which is still there today and now the additional diver teams , stations being set up and the garage due to be searched. Along with the questioning of the brother suggests the police have a fair amount of evidence to say there may be other bodies. I truly think we've only just scratched the surface on WC crimes.

Completely agree. They’re also settling up operation rooms/bathrooms along with multiple different search sights... The sheer number of different teams and investigators is very telling.

https://mobile.twitter.com/KentishExpress

These were the other incidents in the last few months before Sarah Everard's disappearance - all within 100 metres of the route she would have taken. Don't know if any of these could be connected to WC. Possibly first and last aren't, as WC is a white male.

October 2020
Man came out of grounds of St Matthew's Church, Brixton Hill at around 10 pm and tried to get a passing lady to come into the grounds with him. When she wouldn't, he started following her saying he would come with her then, whilst making threatening comments to her. She ran away. She says description of man matches that of man in last incident

November 16 2020
A young woman was sexually assaulted in the woodland area of Tooting Common in Broad daylight at 4 pm, by 6 ft tall man in brown leather jacket

January 14 2021
Sexual assault of a young woman on Hydethorpe Rd at junction with Radbourne Road.

February 2 2021
Woman chased by a man outside Palace Road surgery on Christchurch Rd

February 22 2021 approx
14 year old girl on Rodenhurst Rd was followed by man in a van. Man in green camouflage-style hoodie, medium build, 20s or 30s, black.

WC is nowhere near six feet tall apparently, so the second one seems unlikely too.

As demoralising as it is, this is a busy and well-populated area in the capital, and assaults stopping short of murder are not uncommon. Probably need more than just a man harassing a woman in that postcode in order to link it to WC. Something closer to his description, some kind of police connection etc.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210311-123033_Twitter-01.jpeg
    Screenshot_20210311-123033_Twitter-01.jpeg
    148.9 KB · Views: 59
It's my opinon and gut feeling that WC is a serial offender and the police have found his burial ground.

Trucks and trucks of Portacabins to site would suggest they are going to be there for the long haul. This wouldn't be the case for one body.

I fear we have a serial killer.

Last edited:
I'm wondering what evidence they had on him to arrest him on suspicion of kidnapping. Remember that they arrested him in the evening, and we learned yesterday that he was arrested only on kidnapping and that was upgraded to murder and indecent exposure the following day. When he was arrested, he had worked a shift that day - so he was not in police custody confessing or being interrogated, like I originally suspected.

Had they even spoken to him at all by that point?
Other than the bus dashcam footage of the hired vehicle that tied back to him, what evidence do they have? Do they actually have him on camera putting her in that rental car?

Him simply being in the area does not seem (to me, not a lawyer, cop or judge) to be enough to arrest a person. So what else do we think they had at that point?

If there is a hire car involved and they've linked it to him then it likely has a tracker built in, which has then led them to the remains and provided insight into his whereabout at the time of the crime. They've got something on him that led them to the remains that is quite clear.

Blimey , the temporary operations rooms and more vehicles landing there by the minute really confirms the theory that there are more remains than first expected. This is turning into one of the biggest investigations in recent history and that doesnt happen for purely one murder im afraid...

This is such a salient point! I wonder if any if his colleagues mentioned the case to him, and if they did, how he reacted.

And maybe if he has a history of sexual violence, which seems increasingly likely, there might've been a history of incidents being reported internally at the Met. I wonder if there are women officers he works with and what they'd have to say about what kind of man he is.

It was my understanding that the ambulance spotted outside WC house was spotted prior to SE going missing...am I wrong?
The sun report linked above said neighbours had noticed an ambulance outside the house a few nights before the arrest. (In response to Ldn Pimlico)

I think another interesting point is that despite the discovery of the remains yesterday, there’s still not been any charges announced against WC.

Could this end up being another case where they have to pin him for something like the indecent exposure to allow them to gather evidence for the murder o_O

Being a PO and the amount of time he’s had between the crime and his arrest you’d expect he’s done a lot of evidence covering.

If there is a hire car involved and they've linked it to him then it likely has a tracker built in, which has then led them to the remains and provided insight into his whereabout at the time of the crime. They've got something on him that led them to the remains that is quite clear.

Right but I was specifically wondering what evidence they had that led to that initial kidnapping arrest. I think the evidence of murder came later.

I know someone who was sexually assaulted. They didn't fight back or scream they were in complete disbelief that it was happening and scared for their life. People react differently.

I wonder if WC asked to use Sarah's phone or possibly asked for assistance in someway like in the unsolved van assault.

It was my understanding that the ambulance spotted outside WC house was spotted prior to SE going missing...am I wrong?

Prior to the arrest.... but after SE disappeared

Eta link

How Wayne Couzens went from mechanic to Met cop to Sarah Everard suspect

Pamela Cane, 77, who lives opposite, said her late partner Rod Kinnett was an officer in the Port of Dover Police for 25 years.

She told how he would discuss policing with Couzens.

Pamela explained: “My partner used to enjoy talking to him about the police service.

“They would compare stories. Wayne would also fix bikes in his garage. He was known for helping people with them.”

She also revealed that an ambulance had been spotted outside the home a few nights before the arrest took place.

Last edited:
And maybe if he has a history of sexual violence, which seems increasingly likely, there might've been a history of incidents being reported internally at the Met. I wonder if there are women officers he works with and what they'd have to say about what kind of man he is.

Yes I’d be interested to know more about his general personality, how he interacts with colleagues etc. I read he was unhappy with his job and wanted to work in hospitality in Kent. Maybe there’d been some complaints about him etc. JMO

I wonder if we need to ring 101 to confirm it is a police officer first if we are approached? Particularly if you’re a female alone and at night.

Although to be honest my feeling is he attacked her without warning rather than luring her to his car. JMO

i certainly would be doing in the future....even if in uniform!

The huge amount of police presence which is still there today and now the additional diver teams , stations being set up and the garage due to be searched. Along with the questioning of the brother suggests the police have a fair amount of evidence to say there may be other bodies. I truly think we've only just scratched the surface on WC crimes.

I completely agree, I really think we could be looking at a serial killer/s , could the serving brother also be in on it? Who knows. I also saw someone mention he was learning to speak Ukranian, was he planning to flee the country after his spree? Everything seems very calculated but has just gone wrong when he got too cocky
If they went on holiday to Ukraine every year I wonder if there’s any missing women around the area he was familiar with there...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northgrund