UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just caught up on everything, and firstly I just cannot imagine what SE's family and loved ones are going through right now. I keep thinking about how we still don't know exactly what happened. I just wish that phonecall (which IMO just ended at its natural end point) went on a bit longer, had they kept speaking he might have heard something - not that it would have necessarily made a difference. I feel like if she was being followed, she can't have been aware of it as she would have surely mentioned it to her boyfriend on that call.

Having read all the posts here and various articles, I think the main questions still remaining are - what happened to her phone? If she had her phone stolen by someone else - she might have been more likely to speak to someone claiming to be a police officer who happened to stop near her? (I feel that from what has been reported, it would be highly unusual for her to volunteer to get into a strangers car - but perhaps if something had just happened to her, it might change her behaviour) - I saw someone mention the possibility that the mugger - if there was one - reported something. I think the Poynders Court focus might now have been where some evidence was dumped - maybe that one CCTV overlooking the bins captured him stopping his car and going to throw something in there.

I never believed the RTA theory, the road is just too busy/houses too close/it was too early in the evening for a car accident to go completely unnoticed.

I did have one thought - (ALL MOO) - based on the 'unrelated indecent exposure' charge - perhaps, the POI (I am not sure what to make of him as an individual, everything that has been said about him on these forums sounds highly speculative) flashed or approached another individual inappropriately that same evening earlier on? Obviously the window of time is quite short if he finished work at 8pm - 1.5 hrs - as reported in MSM. Presuming also that he had hired this car before his shift that day. That individual may have run away, and reported the incident/what he looked like to the police, and that might be what alerted to him being in the area that night. He may have approached SE in the same way, but decided to take things further or been more aggressive. If all these awful events including whatever the relevance of the Ashford location is - happened on the same night, surely also his neighbours would have noticed him coming home quite late/possibly leaving again? The road seems small and as though you'd notice neighbours cars coming in and out.

I'm trying to catch up but a lot of links are paywalled for me
can anyone tell me was his car seen on CCTV and was it the same 'dark coloured' car a poster here pointed out on video?
and has the woman arrested been identified as his wife and has her picture/details been published?
TIA if anyone can help me out

I'm a believer in Hanlon's razer - "never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity" - so on that basis a quick and possibly silly question: we've assumed some element of intent about this, but is it possible there was an accident and he panicked stupidly trying to conceal the evidence?

I don't believe it necessarily, but I'm wondering if there's anything I've missed that suggests something more sinister.

Yes that’s what I was saying yesterday. Something more minor that escalated. It’s not a place you would choose for a premeditated kidnap.

Yeayerday I was speculating either sexual assault or RTA, then an escalation, but I read somewhere today that “indecent exposure” was on the list of charges, so that’s a steer but I’m wondering wondering where that fits? Part of the incident in which he abducted Sarah? Or another incident?

Either way it points to an MO I think?

I am no mod but please remember that we cannot discuss what random people write on Twitter. Even if it's crazy and sensational. No one here wants to discuss what random people are posting on Twitter. That's why we're here and not there.

If you are new and looking for some way to contribute, post some of the recent MSM videos from the UK news reports of the case. See what the major newspapers are saying. There's always a new video or article that I'm sure we missed.

Can’t quite get my head around the timelines. It will all no doubt come out in the wash.

But it seems to have massively accelerated yesterday.

From what it looks like the police were searching both Poynders Road and started late in the evening searching land in Kent.

He was arrested and removed from the property at night so suggestion is he didn’t hand himself in and first time they could interview him is was post those searches.

Which all begs the question what could they have unearthed on Tuesday 5 days after starting the investigation and scouring CCTV etc...

And secondly what led them to start searching obscure land along an 80 mile journey before interviewing him.

This suggests either a tip off or they had solid CCTV all the time and tracked where the car or his phone went after he was a POI. It doesn’t suggest he confessed and led them to it. But maybe raises the question why it took 5 days

I imagine it would take several days to gather evidence via surveillance.

Actually, good point - he should have been charged on at least the kidnapping by now as 24 hours have passed since he was arrested for that and there's no news about an extension is there? Also, has Elena Couzens been released or charged yet?

In UK, they can apply to hold you for up to 36 or 96 hours if you’re suspected of a serious crime, eg murder. (You can be held without charge for up to 14 days If you’re arrested under the Terrorism Act).

March 10, 2021

The arrested officer, who was initially held on suspicion of kidnap, is also being questioned about a separate allegation of indecent exposure.

He was responsible for uniformed patrolling of diplomatic premises - including Downing Street, the Palace of Westminster, as well as foreign embassies in London.

He was off duty at the time of his arrest.

[..]

This morning Mr Ephgrave described the arrest of a serving Met Police officer as both shocking and disturbing.

That officer has now been further arrested on suspicion of murder.

Sarah Everard disappearance: Met officer arrested on suspicion of murder

Being arrested: your rights

HI folks - here's an example of how the media gets the most basic information totally wrong. From the Daily Mail piece here: How police spent days trying to piece together Sarah Everard's last known movements | Daily Mail Online

It says: 'Her father Jeremy, a professor of electronics at the University of York, and mother Sue, who has worked at the Joseph Rowntree Foundation as a knowledge support officer, left their £700,000 York home to join the round-the-clock search for their daughter.'

I know the Sue Everard who works for the Joseph Rowntree Foundation - she has no relation to this family at all, has no children and her husband of 30 years is not called Jeremy! The 'Chief Reporter' has just hit Linked in for the wife's name and assumed it is this lady when it IS NOT. Other media will now pick this up. I do media monitoring and I see this type of garbage every single day from the MSM.

Yes why hire a car when you have 2 at home?? Again leads me back to the burnt out car...was this the hire car? As the cars taken today appear to be their everyday cars.

Moo.

An eye witness neighbour said that a car was removed from the house late on Tuesday evening after the pair had been arrested. I queried on thread #5 whether that meant there were three cars at the property. But now it seems that first car removed will have been the hire car.

Can't be that many bodies knocking about the area I wouldn't have thought, if they cannot identify her the mind boggles what he did to her

Some people have been speculating that it’s not Sarah but another victim, however I am strongly inclined to believe it’s her. I hate to think he did something to her which made her unidentifiable so perhaps it was just decomposition from being out in the open that long JMO

I find the wording of the police statement quite disturbing

Found "what appears to be human remains"

And

" may take some time to identify"

She has not been missing that long in the scheme of things.

Usually they would state something like..a female body has been found and the family have been informed

Actually, good point - he should have been charged on at least the kidnapping by now as 24 hours have passed since he was arrested for that and there's no news about an extension is there? Also, has Elena Couzens been released or charged yet?
I believe they have 94 hours to question once arrested, then can apply for extension.
I think it’s important to remember that just because we haven’t been told something has happened (i.e. he’s been charged), doesn’t mean it hasn’t happened.

Finding it hard to switch off the thoughts and it’s already 2am here.. just feel so sad for her and everyone who loved her..

I struggle to comprehend the circumstances and that this was an isolated incident.. I also think he has numerous victims who are now speaking to police

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandraJean1130