UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Police officer walked down from entrance on freemens way with a roll of tape, nothing taped off at frontbof property, so I'm guessing they have taped off that gap, it's too far to see, there are entrances to field on telegraph Rd via allotments, and Hamilton Rd via cemetery.

Latest Evening Standard article puts a bit of a different spin on the indecent exposure incident which it is now reported happened at a McDonalds.

“It is understood that the officers had carried out a number plate check on a vehicle after the offence was reported online and obtained the name of its owner. But they had yet to carry out an interview.”

So it seems that WC was a flasher and the victims at the restaurant reported online and his car number plate was caught on CCTV (maybe on MCDonald drive-thru cameras?) or else reported by witnesses. Police had not yet followed up with an interview. Not clear that WC colleagues or superiors were aware of this offence in the run up to his attack on SE.

Police probe if Sarah Everard suspect linked to other crimes

Re: tunnels, I could only find this map that is apparently redrawn from 19th century maps. Picture was low quality so I added notes to show where it is. It seems to align with this from the Times(paywall unless subscribe for free month)…

There's actually more underground in that area than that map would suggest.

For instance, that garage itself is a few hundred yards away from the remnants of an old underground guardhouse too - which is just about accessible. It was backfilled with the rubble from the demolition of a larger gatehouse (as seen on the map), so doesn't officially exist anymore.

On a summer afternoon, it's not too difficult to find various underground fortifications in Dover just by going for a simple walk. The Met (and/or Kent Police) are going to have a lot of work ahead of them depending upon the scope of those searches.

<snipped for focus>
Some thoughts about the hire car: He could have been trying to be clever and hiring a car the same as his own, that he then puts either his own plates on. So if he's "caught" they check his car - no evidence, and who would go looking for an identical hire car....I realise we don't know what the hire car is, but that would explain some of the confusion between his car and the hire car...

Interesting thought. It's been bugging me about the set of plates that it was was quoted on a previous thread a member of the public had found on Rodenhurst Road, just round the corner from the Poynders Court flats. Not seen anything else about it but it does strike me as potentially very significant.

Police officer walked down from entrance on freemens way with
I hope it doesn’t, of course. Just wanted to say to Leopard to please take care of your own feelings if it does begin to appear that there is anything buried or stashed at his home. Love your posts and photos but we can do without if you need a break at any time ( and I am sure the mods would be happy to give you some ‘time out’ if you request.)
Hope I'm not clogging up thread just tell me if what I'm posting is not allowed or repetitive x

Latest Evening Standard article puts a bit of a different spin on the indecent exposure incident which it is now reported happened at a McDonalds.

“It is understood that the officers had carried out a number plate check on a vehicle after the offence was reported online and obtained the name of its owner. But they had yet to carry out an interview.”

So it seems that WC was a flasher and the victims at the restaurant reported online and his car number plate was caught on CCTV (maybe on MCDonald drive-thru cameras?) or else reported by witnesses. Police had not yet followed up. It’s not as if WC had been named in person for this IE offence and was directly under suspicion in the run up to his attack on SE.

but how hard is it to run a number plate? Could have taken 2 minutes and saved a life.

Interesting thought. It's been bugging me about the set of plates that it was was quoted on a previous thread a member of the public had found on Rodenhurst Road, just round the corner from the Poynders Court flats. Not seen anything else about it but it does strike me as potentially very significant.

Someone else posted later in the thread that these plates were connected to another, unrelated crime. I can't find it now, but maybe someone can link back to that post?

So it seems that WC was a flasher and the victims at the restaurant reported online and his car number plate was caught on CCTV (maybe on MCDonald drive-thru cameras?) or else reported by witnesses. Police had not yet followed up. It’s not as if WC had been named in person for this IE offence and was directly under suspicion in the run up to his attack on SE.

Wow. So they identified him as a flasher before SE murder, but it was put on the back burner? Not taken seriously? Even with CCTV of the incident!

MOO

but how hard is it to run a number plate? Could have taken 2 minutes and saved a life.

Depends really, could have been “Previous Keeper only” which is what you see quite a lot where people won’t update the new keeper so you can spend a while chaser the old keeper to find out who bought it off them. Alternatively if it’s a hire car it may take a few days for the hire company to pass the details of who rented the vehicle from them.

The Telegraph reported that police removed two cars and "a powerful motorbike" - so three vehicles altogether rather than three cars.

The week-long hunt for Sarah Everard in the days following her disappearance

The Times and The Mirror reported that a burnt-out silver Ford Focus could be seen in the grounds of Great Chart Gold and Leisure where LE were searching. Was this the hired car used to abduct Sarah?

Police 'dig up garden of officer arrested' and search woods for Sarah Everard

Remains found in search for Sarah Everard | News | The Times

(Some articles may be behind paywalls)

Daily Mail report states that that the burnt out silver Ford Focus was previously dumped by flytippers. This was from 'Rob', whose family own part of the wood.

How police spent days trying to piece together Sarah Everard's last known movements | Daily Mail Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member