Found Deceased UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why the hire car if unplanned?
Could it be that the hire car is actually not that relevant? Current car broke, waiting for a new one, trying out a model before buying, even work related, etc. ? It would seem his wife knew about the car so there would need to be a reasonable explanation surely. Although I am aware a previous poster questioned whether the hire car was hidden at the garage and his wife didn’t know about it - which is a good theory.

Yes, I understand. But a ballistics match would be unequivocal whereas linking the clothing does not prove murder.

without being too graphic if there are penetrating wounds to the body then there’s the likelihood that the victim’s clothing (if worn at the time of attack) would also contain damage consistent with the placement of the wounds. Plus there may be DNA and/or fibres on the clothing.

I think more likely it could be his own clothes that he wore that night that are in the recycle bin than hers.

I am curious about the time it has taken to get to this spot. You would have thought they had tracked all vehicles associated with him pretty quickly using the number plate recognition stuff and local CCTV. Seems like they should have seen this spot earlier if it is related to Sarah. Makes me wonder if he is talking and this is something different altogether.

I popped this on earlier in the thread. Europcar was my favourite bet and they do have Astra’s. From google maps it looked like there was forecourt parking there? His car garage was just around the corner, so I had wondered if he knew the team there. But then again, given the circumstances, you’d probably be much better renting from somebody who couldn’t easily identify you.

I’m not sure why I bothered looking into it really. Because it’s largely irrelevant. But I was intrigued I guess.

These were my thoughts on it....

Re. 3 Door or 5 Door Vauxhaul Astra/Hire Car

Taken a little look at the car rental places in Dover to see whether any are any offering 3 door Vauxhall Astra's. Can't find any that list it as an option. Mostly their "compact" models tend to be Vauxhall Corsas or Fiats. Seems to suggest it's more likely to be a 5 door but of course not definitive. (Before this I did like @Parmalade 3 door speculation as it seemed a good possible explanation for both front doors being open)

Interestingly when I went to do a search on "Yellohire.com" the location of 'Ashford (Kent)' came up automatically in Vehicle Pick-Up/Drop-Off location. Perhaps it's just caused by lots of people like me doing the same thing...

If it was this place he used. The hire car could have been picked up from Dover and dropped of at the Ashford branch. The 'Yellohire' company is also significantly cheaper than the other more well known Enterprise/Europcar/Hertz.

Other than 'Yellohire' it looks like 'Enterprise' is the only other company that has a branch in both Ashford and Dover.

Cheap Car Rental & Nationwide Car Hire only at Yellohire

All speculation and MOO

Her clothing was all over the news why would he take the risk of trying to recycle them?

surely you would just burn them as her clothes were so distinctive that somebody would notice them.

He may not have known how widespread her appeal would have reached, there are many cases of missing women who get little to no media attention.

Could it be that the hire car is actually not that relevant? Current car broke, waiting for a new one, trying out a model before buying, even work related, etc. ? It would seem his wife knew about the car so there would need to be a reasonable explanation surely. Although I am aware a previous poster questioned whether the hire car was hidden at the garage and his wife didn’t know about it - which is a good theory.

He could have kept the hire car on the street anywhere nearby.

His request to be removed as a firearms certified officer is so very peculiar.

As postulated several pages back, he could be expressing a fear of suicide, but that wouldn't prevent him from having firearms at his home, would it?

It could also be a warped sense of remorse for her murder, especially if he used a firearm, and LE has not yet found it.

There could be evidence of use of a firearm: blood spatter, powder flashback on his clothing.

Has any discussion happened as to why they think CPS hasn't moved forward with IE charges at this stage?

ETA: more than 'not enough evidence'

Wondered about that too - my only thought was maybe they want to focus on the kidnap and murder and not have that "watered down" by the other alleged offence? JMO

Last edited:
Can you please clarify the reference to "Garage." -- Is this Garage a car park or mechanic shop as in the family's former business? Thanks.

This specific one is mainly a petrol/gas station but they do some repairs and MOTs (annual mandatory test for cars) from what I remember. Haven’t been there in a while.

I thought the old (workshop) garage wasn't accessible by car due to the driveway being dug up.

is it known if she was raped? was primary motivation rape? could the murder have been unplanned or accidental?
or was the plan just to murder her to not leave a witness?
cause he did not care about witness in the mcdonald which would certainly end his career.
It's not known if she was raped but I think there's a good chance the crime was sexually motivated. We don't have many details but I don't think he killed her so there wouldn't be a witness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Engeluc