UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, Chef, York University, 18 March 2009 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
.... and did JK answer this sms from Claudia? If she didn't: why not? Was this exchange of news between the two women interrupted? If it was: caused by what and on whose side, JK or CL?
If she did there is no mention of it afaik - only reported attempts at phone contact after this are 9.12pm SS text (unless it was received at 7.12pm), call from work the next morning and SC text Thursday night.

On the subject of cars - I’ve seen it mentioned a few times that the NH was particularly busy on the Wednesday night due to a football match being shown on tv, resulting in overspill parking on the road. Does anyone know what fixture this was? Manchester City and Aston Villa were scheduled to play in the Europa League round of 16, but both games were postponed - only Cardiff v Watford in the championship and two of the Europa League games were actually played than night:
Football (Sky Sports)

And on the subject of cars and possible phone calls - I’m only up to thread #7, but has the ‘blue blob’ next to the white Astra van been discussed yet?

Was this the same person who is said to have seen a rucksack in the Uni grounds or was it a different person who saw a rucksack in a different location.
Did the person go into the NH with photos of his find looking for a handout?
I believe some guy went into the NH and Claudia was the topic of conversation and he must have come up with that statement and rightly IMO was told to go straight to the police but for some reason ( could it be he fancied her phone and realised the straighteners were not cheap ?) he never did ?

Police previously said they “strongly suspect key and vital information” which would offer a breakthrough in the case of Claudia’s disappearance is being “withheld”.

Nine people have been questioned as part of the investigation, but no charges have ever been brought.

Jo Youle, chief executive of the charity Missing People – which Mr Lawrence worked closely with in campaigning for Claudia’s Law – echoed Mr Dales’s appeal for information.

“If Peter were still with us he would have said this as, although he was often sad and depressed by Claudia’s absence, he was eternally grateful for the support of people in York, the UK and various parts of the world too.”
Fresh call for information on eve of 12th anniversary of Claudia Lawrence's disappearance

Single MSM source (afaik):
And the landlord of the Nags Head, Jim Melrom [sic], said: "A man came in here on Friday night believing he had pictures of Claudia's bag, shoe and scarf. We told him to go to the police but he hasn't been seen since."

Missing Claudia Lawrence's last words to pal revealed

Pictures? So someone took images on their phone of CL's bag and other things instead of picking it up or alerting police.

Nah don't believe that.
ok, then we are on the same page. So is this just a mis-rep in the paper or was it reported by Jim to the police? Has this question been asked by anyone - do we have an answer from cold case?

Yeah I'd like to know that aswell. Feels like a throwaway line to the paper and NH itself didn't take whoever came in (if it happened) seriously and just saw them as time waster.

Shame @moonsafari is off the forum again as if she comes back in the future it would be something I'd ask given she still knew people at NH after she left and see if she thinks they took the "conversation" credibly and reported it to the police (who must've deemed it timewasting or attention seeker).

On the subject of cars - I’ve seen it mentioned a few times that the NH was particularly busy on the Wednesday night due to a football match being shown on tv, resulting in overspill parking on the road. Does anyone know what fixture this was? Manchester City and Aston Villa were scheduled to play in the Europa League round of 16, but both games were postponed - only Cardiff v Watford in the championship and two of the Europa League games were actually played than night:
Football (Sky Sports)

Yeah had a look at Soccerbase and it was actually a very quiet night for football or sports that evening so doubt Sports bar would've been overflowing with just people coming to watch Cardiff-Watford.

Arsenal Hull in FA cup was the previous night so would've been far busier for that game.

Edit; I actually support Villa....and errr the only reason we weren't playing europa that night is we'd already been knocked out!:rolleyes: Man. City played on the Thursday evening.

Yeah had a look at Soccerbase and it was actually a very quiet night for football or sports that evening so doubt Sports bar would've been overflowing with just people coming to watch Cardiff-Watford.

Arsenal Hull in FA cup was the previous night so would've been far busier for that game.

Edit; I actually support Villa....and errr the only reason we weren't playing europa that night is we'd already been knocked out!:rolleyes: Man. City played on the Thursday evening.
D’oh - my bleary rapid scan for English teams this morning failed to spot it was Villa *or* CSKA. :D Now I look again the Sky site listings are pretty confusing all round - as you say, soccerbase gives a clearer picture in confirming that it was, as you say, a very quiet night for English football. Was there some other special event at the NH that Wednesday which could account for ‘overspill’ parking on the road? There’s only a couple of cars outside the front of the pub.

Football Fixtures & Results | 18 Mar 2009 | Soccer Base

How experienced is Wayne Fox in general police force?

Case certainly needs a fresh pair of eyes and probably someone from outside NYP.
@Inspector Evans From a brief google search, it seems Fox has come up through the ranks at NYP like Malyn.

One thing I don’t get though: at Christmas Joan talked about feeling abandoned by NYP since Malyn retired (see article below). But according to today’s news, Fox has been to see her twice since last summer. I wonder if he’s actually seen her twice since Xmas, for Joan wouldn’t have complained to the crime commissioner otherwise.. Mum of missing Claudia Lawrence feels 'forgotten' since leading officer retired

Pictures? So someone took images on their phone of CL's bag and other things instead of picking it up or alerting police.

Nah don't believe that.

Yeah I'd like to know that aswell. Feels like a throwaway line to the paper and NH itself didn't take whoever came in (if it happened) seriously and just saw them as time waster.

Shame @moonsafari is off the forum again as if she comes back in the future it would be something I'd ask given she still knew people at NH after she left and see if she thinks they took the "conversation" credibly and reported it to the police (who must've deemed it timewasting or attention seeker).
Certainly doesn’t seem to have been taken very seriously - nobody appears to have asked to look at the photos or where they were taken. If JM didn’t report it to police, I would guess they were straight round to the NH to ask for more details once the quote appeared in the Mirror.

It looks like someone in blue overalls
I guess it could just be blue light from a window behind, but there’s a few frames which give the impression of someone stood next to the Astra, possibly talking on a phone. Is there an unreported call logged on CL’s phone records at the time? Is that why this van was of particular interest to NYP?

And going back to car behind the Ranger - there’s never been an appeal regarding this vehicle and I think it’s generally supposed that it was eliminated early on - does anyone know if that is actually the case?

Supt Wayne Fox of North Yorkshire police is leading on Claudia Lawrence’s disappearance and has met Joan Lawrence twice since last summer. Joan Lawrence said it would “take time” for her to trust the police but she hoped there would be a turning point soon. “It has been 12 years since Claudia went missing, I just don’t know how they will find the answers now.”

Jo Youle, the head of Missing People, an organisation Peter Lawrence worked with, echoed the appeal for information, urging anyone with information to call or text Missing People confidentially or to make contact online.

“Our thoughts are with Claudia’s family and loved ones as they mark another anniversary that no family wants to go through,” she said.
Police renew call for information on Claudia Lawrence, missing since 2009

I guess it could just be blue light from a window behind, but there’s a few frames which give the impression of someone stood next to the Astra, possibly talking on a phone. Is there an unreported call logged on CL’s phone records at the time? Is that why this van was of particular interest to NYP?
A couple of frames of the ‘blue blob’ from the bus cctv rotated and brightened.
8743CD2D-4BD5-423B-8C32-7254AC901D18.jpeg 04BEFA3A-3F3F-47E5-9BE5-EA06B234BD3C.jpeg

WS is refusing to allow me to upload screenshots of the original video (security error), so link to bus cctv on Youtube:

Last edited:
Was this the same person who is said to have seen a rucksack in the Uni grounds or was it a different person who saw a rucksack in a different location.
Did the person go into the NH with photos of his find looking for a handout?
I believe some guy went into the NH and Claudia was the topic of conversation and he must have come up with that statement and rightly IMO was told to go straight to the police but for some reason ( could it be he fancied her phone and realised the straighteners were not cheap ?) he never did ?
Certainly doesn’t seem to have been taken very seriously - nobody appears to have asked to look at the photos or where they were taken. If JM didn’t report it to police, I would guess they were straight round to the NH to ask for more details once the quote appeared in the Mirror.
they could have been there already in plain cloths

.... and did JK answer this sms from Claudia? If she didn't: why not? Was this exchange of news between the two women interrupted? If it was: caused by what and on whose side, JK or CL?
Maybe JK crossed the road to have a chat about the text. It would be interesting to know when the Cyprus holiday had been booked. Easter Friday was April 10th, schools broke up on Apr 2nd and the run of early shifts ended on March 30th. If the holiday had been booked to start before March 30th then I guess there would be ructions or something wasn't quite right with Claudia.

Last edited:
Maybe JK crossed the road to have a chat about the text. It would be interesting to know when the Cyprus holiday had been booked. Easter Friday was April 10th, schools broke up on Apr 2nd and the run of early shifts ended on March 30th. If the holiday had been booked to start before March 30th then I guess there would be ructions or something wasn't quite right with Claudia.
Hmm. So “no fun for me” potentially implying that CL was intending to duck out of the Cyprus holiday? Would she have booked to go in the Easter school holidays? On the one hand I guess the uni would be quieter so it would be easier to take time off, but on the other she was complaining to SS about high prices during the “bloody kids hols.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419