MN - George Floyd, 46, died in police custody, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020 #6 - Chauvin Trial Day 3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really not as naive as this is going to sound; but I nearly can't believe my own eyes that this happened from a call to 911 about a counterfeit twenty dollar bill; and LE actually showed up.

As a former restaurant owner in the mid size city where I currently live, I can guarantee you 100% that if I called 911 over a counterfeit twenty dollar bill, not only would LE definitely not show up, but they would give me hell for tying up the 911 line.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Question I’m curious about, and been meaning to ask for a while:

Do we know how much of all these various angles of footage were released/leaked before now? In other words, what all cell and bodycam videos were made public before this point? I was knee deep in the coronavirus threads when all this went down last year, so followed from a distance.

Obviously some video was made public, that the world saw and protested against - who’s video was that?

I’m just wondering if most of this is all footage people are seeing for the first time, tia.

If they were taught that, they were taught wrong. A person in a life threatening asthma attack can ask for help and express their fear vocally.
Yes, exactly. Floyd was talking just how I would expect from a person having difficulty breathing. He could only get out two or three quick words at a time. He was also gasping for breath towards the end.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if GF was shot previously?

Ex GF said something to that effect on the bodycam of Kueng (I think) and that’s why he was reacting that way as he saw the gun by his face..

George and another woman at the scene both claim that George had been shot before.

And we know that Chauvin himself has been involved in previous shootings, and a man was killed in one of those shootings.

Floyd frantically responded, “I’m sorry, I’m so sorry. God dang man. Man, I got shot. I got shot the same way, Mr. Officer, before.”
That’s when Lane turned to the woman in Floyd’s car and foolishly asked why’s he “being all weird like that?” after he was just told why. “Because he’s been shot before,” the woman quipped.
George Floyd Reportedly Revealed He Was Previously Shot During Fatal Arrest

A white Minneapolis police officer who knelt on George Floyd's neck opened fire on two people during his 19-year career and had nearly 20 complaints and two letters of reprimand filed against him.
In 2006, Chauvin was among a group of six officers who opened fire on a stabbing suspect after a chase that ended when the suspect pointed a sawed-off shotgun at them. The suspect, Wayne Reyes, was hit multiple times and died. A grand jury decided the use of force was justified.

Two years later, Chauvin shot Ira Latrell Toles as he was responding to a domestic dispute.
Derek Chauvin history: Officer accused in George Floyd's death opened fire on 2 people, had 17 complaints

US cop accused of killing black man involved in 3 shootings, 17 complaints

Do we know how much of all these various angles of footage were released/leaked before now? In other words, what all cell and bodycam videos were made public before this point? I was knee deep in the coronavirus threads when all this went down last year, so followed from a distance.

Obviously some video was made public, that the world saw and protested against - who’s video was that?

I’m just wondering if most of this is all footage people are seeing for the first time, tia.

I think I've seen all the videos prior to the trial.

The video that Darnella F. took went viral. DF testified yesterday.

I'm really not as naive as this is going to sound; but I nearly can't believe my own eyes that this happened from a call to 911 about a counterfeit twenty dollar bill; and LE actually showed up.

As a former restaurant owner in the mid size city where I currently live, I can guarantee you 100% that if I called 911 over a counterfeit twenty dollar bill, not only would LE definitely not show up, but they would give me hell for tying up the 911 line.

<modsnip>

Exactly. And what kind of employer would send their employees out to follow and confront multiple times? What was that all about?

<modsnip>

I was even wondering if the bill was counterfeit, when all is said and done. It 'looked blue-ish'. I have seen bills look blue-ish after being left in the pocket of blue jeans that have just been washed. I've also seen bills look pinkish when washed with bright pink pants, by mistake.

George and another woman at the scene both claim that George had been shot before.

And we know that Chauvin himself has been involved in previous shootings, and a man was killed in one of those shootings.

Floyd frantically responded, “I’m sorry, I’m so sorry. God dang man. Man, I got shot. I got shot the same way, Mr. Officer, before.”
That’s when Lane turned to the woman in Floyd’s car and foolishly asked why’s he “being all weird like that?” after he was just told why. “Because he’s been shot before,” the woman quipped.
George Floyd Reportedly Revealed He Was Previously Shot During Fatal Arrest

A white Minneapolis police officer who knelt on George Floyd's neck opened fire on two people during his 19-year career and had nearly 20 complaints and two letters of reprimand filed against him.
In 2006, Chauvin was among a group of six officers who opened fire on a stabbing suspect after a chase that ended when the suspect pointed a sawed-off shotgun at them. The suspect, Wayne Reyes, was hit multiple times and died. A grand jury decided the use of force was justified.

Two years later, Chauvin shot Ira Latrell Toles as he was responding to a domestic dispute.
Derek Chauvin history: Officer accused in George Floyd's death opened fire on 2 people, had 17 complaints

US cop accused of killing black man involved in 3 shootings, 17 complaints
How much of Chauvin's previous record is going to be allowed in this trial? All of it? Some of it? None?

I agree – panic attack. You can’t breathe, have intense fear, terror, etc.

They decided brute force was the solution. Mr. Tough Guy Cop. I can’t even believe the one cop pulled a gun at first, which started the escalation, I think. They should have de-escalated the situation.
He pulled his gun because GF wouldn’t put his hands on the steering wheel when told to and he couldn’t tell if he was reaching for a gun.

The video the firefighter shot was the one that went viral. That's what caused the immediate outrage from millions of people. Some of Lane's body cam footage had been released before, when he approached Floyd with his gun drawn. I think part of the struggle in the back seat was released back then, too, at least the part that shows the car shaking and Chauvin's legs sticking out. All the rest I only saw recently, but I'm not sure when it was released.

Question, again thanks in advance as there is a lot I’ve missed:

Do we know what GF was attempting to purchase at the store? It doesn’t matter, but just wondering.

Here is one photo at link.

Note, George is being pulled out by Chauvin feet first on the passenger side. If he never sat up, how did his feet get turned around from the drivers side as he was pushed into the vehicle to the opposite side?

Body Camera Video Of George Floyd And Police Offers New Details Of Deadly Encounter

chauvin-floyd-minneapolis_wide-35e45cc2e47705fde68de550208649b373cfe846-s1700-c85.jpg

Minneapolis Officer Derek Chauvin is seen struggling to force George Floyd into the back seat of a police SUV in newly released body camera video recorded by Officer Tou Thao.

Hennepin County/MPR/YouTube/Screenshot by NPR

*article from August 14, 2020

Last edited:
He pulled his gun because GF wouldn’t put his hands on the steering wheel when told to and he couldn’t tell if he was reaching for a gun.
All of 3 seconds after they issued the order, then the gun being drawn at his face surely enough send him into panic and the rest...we saw the rest, unfortunately we have seen what came next :(:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member