TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, Midlothian, 18 Apr 2016 #46

Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

A spouse being out of town is only important when the spouse being killed is going to be killed AT HOME, where the surviving spouse would normally be! Since Missy was murdered elsewhere, Brandon could have been at home in his bed asleep and it wouldn’t have mattered. If someone were doing this on his behalf, they could literally have done it ANY weekend, not the one weekend he went on a fishing trip and had to abort. So getting him out of town is completely unimportant, other than the fact that his being out of town somehow seems suspicious to people who don’t bother to think through the logic of it.

<modsnip: Referenced info was removed>When I wavered on that was with the warrant that came to light for BWH. Well, his own former fellow officers submitted tips to MPD saying that had to be him in the outfit. And with his history, he checked TONS of boxes. So yes, I figured police were on the right track, until it turned out they weren’t. I also don’t believe they’re on the right track now, either. But other than BWH, I leaned toward untargeted then and I lean toward it now with an open mind if something new comes to light.

<modsnip: Referenced info was removed> ... a certain female Internet sleuth with mental health issues who created havoc in this case for years, including befriending Brandon until turning on him when he would not see validity in the crackpot conspiracy theories she espoused. So THAT is why he reached out with a FB message to let me know he appreciated a non-crazy approach to the case.

BBM. I'm not sure that I agree that it's that unequivocal that it's only useful to establish an out of town alibi if the killing is done in the home. There's a benefit to being away from the event itself, and extra insurance to be completely away. The person doesn't have to deal with the immediate discovery, doesn't have to be the one to call /deal with loved ones of missing/dead person, notification of the children, etc. and maybe have extra time to work on a story. Especially if there are children in the home/involved. The husband of Suzanne Morphew comes to mind - disappeared from a bike ride, but husband was out of town. He arranged for others to call 911 and orchestrated things but he wasn't there. Then he can come home, save the day, and instantly be above suspicion, why would they even question me, I was far away.

I'm going to have to refresh my memory with BWH. I have very little recall as to why he was investigated or what motive he might have. I'm definitely not all in on only one suspect in the targeted bucket, there are other possibilities that we may have no idea about but LE might.

There is no link yet on the reward increase.

It’s clear that SP leaves behind the object because when they’re breaking into room 9, they have it. When they come back around to the auditorium they no longer have it. That object is too large to fit in a pocket.

Thank you.
Wonder why they're keeping quiet and not announcing the sizeable increase in the reward in Missy's case? Doesn't seem to be a very effective manner for a reward's intent and purpose would be to keep it a secret unless they're waiting for April 18th or the 5 year anniversary of Missy's murder. RIP Missy

The "now you see it, now you don't" mystery item was left where? Inside Room 9? Perhaps it originated from Room 10?

What's inside Room 9, if you know?
Wonder if all three of Room 9's doors are locked?
Does the church lock the entryway doors leading into the Worship Center?
Do you agree that we've seen appx half of the cctv that's available?
TIA

Warning. This individual may or may not be Missy's killer. If you prefer not to look at it closer, do not click to enlarge.

I have carefully isolated the image from one of my previous posts of the Nissan Altima driver from the SWFA Outdoors video. I have darkened all non important surrounding pixels including the possible hand and possible cell phone on the driver's left side, so the face is the only thing left.
The face itself including the eyes are untouched. I have continued to mark (emphasize) the same receding hairline on the individual's right side of the head as on his left side.

I think the result is stunning:

View attachment 292429
Click to enlarge

Disclaimer, I am not accusing the driver of the SWFA vehicle to be the murderer of Missy Terry Bevers. I am only contemplating the possibility of a connection due to circumstances like location, time, face covering, behavior but not limited to. Every person is considered innocent until proven guilty.

-Nin
Nin,
His eyes look closer to me in this photo. Have you been able to get a view with what appears to have them opened?

Nin,
His eyes look closer to me in this photo. Have you been able to get a view with what appears to have them opened?

I think the eyes are open, Mistree. It was easier for me to view on a large computer screen, using a hand held magnifier, SPs left eye which is on our right hand side when viewing the image NIN posted at link.

A couple of others in the past have posted images that clearly show a whitish colored balaclava covering under the eyes but NIN was the first member I've seen that managed to have clarity on SPs eyeglasses, too.
TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, Midlothian, 18 Apr 2016 #46

Reports inform us that broken glass was found near and around Missy.

Broken Glass locations:
* Exterior Kitchen door leading into the Kitchen
* Room 9, E Hallway
* NE double door entry

There must be another location of broken glass.

"Responding officers observed a lot of broken glass on the floor around Bevers and found evidence of forced entry into the building, (MPChief Carl) Smith said"
Police on Manhunt for Suspected Killer of Mother Found Dead in Texas Church

Reports inform us that broken glass was found near and around Missy.

Broken Glass locations:
* Exterior Kitchen door leading into the Kitchen
* Room 9, E Hallway
* NE double door entry

There must be another location of broken glass.

"Responding officers observed a lot of broken glass on the floor around Bevers and found evidence of forced entry into the building, (MPChief Carl) Smith said"
Police on Manhunt for Suspected Killer of Mother Found Dead in Texas Church

Hi DeDee, it probably doesn't help you much, but this warrant says the person was walking around breaking windows and there was broken glass throughout the church.

DocumentCloud

Thank you.
Wonder why they're keeping quiet and not announcing the sizeable increase in the reward in Missy's case? Doesn't seem to be a very effective manner for a reward's intent and purpose would be to keep it a secret unless they're waiting for April 18th or the 5 year anniversary of Missy's murder. RIP Missy

The "now you see it, now you don't" mystery item was left where? Inside Room 9? Perhaps it originated from Room 10?

What's inside Room 9, if you know?
Wonder if all three of Room 9's doors are locked?
Does the church lock the entryway doors leading into the Worship Center?
Do you agree that we've seen appx half of the cctv that's available?
TIA
1. The reward is a new development and is being finalized. I do believe that police “May” announce it along with some update on the case.
2. I don’t know where the object was left. It most likely CAME from room 10 because that’s the room they come out of when we see it for the first time. They could have left it in room 9, or room 14, or on the floor between the two. Those are really the only options because once they leave 14 and turn the corner to come back westward along the south hallway toward the auditorium, there’s nowhere else to leave it.

what’s inside room 9 is storage items. There are folding tables, probably chairs, other miscellaneous items. We know the room 9 hallway door is locked but I don’t know about any other doors.

The auditorium doors would have been unlocked.

Yes, I believe we’ve only seen half the footage. There were cameras at all 4 corners; we have only seen footage from 2 of the 4.

1. The reward is a new development and is being finalized. I do believe that police “May” announce it along with some update on the case.
2. I don’t know where the object was left. It most likely CAME from room 10 because that’s the room they come out of when we see it for the first time. They could have left it in room 9, or room 14, or on the floor between the two. Those are really the only options because once they leave 14 and turn the corner to come back westward along the south hallway toward the auditorium, there’s nowhere else to leave it.

what’s inside room 9 is storage items. There are folding tables, probably chairs, other miscellaneous items. We know the room 9 hallway door is locked but I don’t know about any other doors.

The auditorium doors would have been unlocked.

Yes, I believe we’ve only seen half the footage. There were cameras at all 4 corners; we have only seen footage from 2 of the 4.
Are you saying you believe LE might be withholding footage, or maybe it was blank, blurry, or just a leg, or otherwise not useful? iirc LE initially released the video and pointed the public specifically to the odd gait of SP.

Are you saying you believe LE might be withholding footage, or maybe it was blank, blurry, or just a leg, or otherwise not useful? iirc LE initially released the video and pointed the public specifically to the odd gait of SP.
LE has withheld footage, which is something we have known from the beginning. They said the footage that has already been released reflects most of the behavior that is displayed on the unreleased portions. I take those comments with a grain of salt. There are probably aspects of the unreleased footage that they want to safeguard as what they call “guilty evidence” - things that only the killer would know.

* BREAKING NEWS *

Midlothian Texas: (16MP015685)
Terri “Missy” Bevers Murder Investigation

This week marks the five-year anniversary of the homicide of Terri “Missy” Bevers. The murder occurred in the early morning hours on April 18, 2016 as she was preparing to lead fitness class at a church in Midlothian, TX. The Midlothian Police Department considers this case an active investigation and continues to explore all leads that we receive.

Midlothian Police Investigators are determined to see this case reach closure. Our agency receives tips and leads almost daily from various sources. Our investigators follow up on every credible piece of information. Please know that we will continue to thoughtfully protect the release of information about Missy’s murder as long as this case remains open. There has been substantial assumption about this case as it continues to receive nationwide attention. Missy was a beloved mother, wife, daughter, and sister. She and her family, as well as the Midlothian community, deserve our best efforts.

We have added a retired federal agent to our team of investigators and his primary responsibility is the examination of this case. Additionally, our new Criminal Investigation Division Commander is an experienced homicide detective from a major metroplex agency. He also will review the information we have gathered in this case. The expertise of these seasoned investigators, combined with the advancements in technology and new investigative techniques developed in law enforcement over the past five years, will hopefully lead to a satisfactory conclusion of this case.

It is our sincere belief that collaboration with the public is what will eventually lead us to solve this crime. We believe that someone may have a vital piece of information that to this date is unknowingly being withheld. We appeal to the community to please contact the Midlothian Police Department, regardless of how insignificant they may think their information may be.

Some points we would like to reiterate:

• We do not consider this a “cold” case. Investigators are actively working new leads and existing case files. This includes coordination with multiple law enforcement agencies and forensics experts.

• To date, Investigators have received over 3,000 tips and are still receiving tips from all over the world.

• Over the past year, investigators have traveled across Texas and other states to follow up on new leads.

• MPD staff has presented this case to several homicide investigators’ associations for review; no new substantial investigative work was generated due to these presentations.

• Investigators are still interested in a vehicle captured on video in the parking lot of a nearby business in the hours before the murder was committed. The vehicle appears consistent with a 2010-2012 Nissan Altima, 2010-2012 Infinity G37 or similar vehicle. The vehicle of interest is driving slowly around the closed business; the driver turns the lights off and on multiple times and then parks for a short time before exiting the parking lot.

• The suspect observed on church surveillance equipment is wearing “police tactical” type clothing. The authenticity of the clothing is not known. Height analysis estimates the vertical distance from the floor to the top of the headwear of the suspect to be approximately 5'8".

• In the video surveillance, the suspect appears to have a unique walk or gait. The suspect'’ feet appear to turn outward away from the body, more predominantly on the right foot. Investigators are interested in persons who fall within or near this height range, and have a similar walk or gait or may have had a similar walk or gait during the time of this offense. It is possible the suspect's gait was caused by a temporary condition, injury or other factor and the suspect will no longer exhibit this walk or gait.

• There are several ways people can make an anonymous tip in this case. If the information provided leads to an arrest and conviction, persons that submit tips may be eligible for a cash reward. Tips can be delivered:
• By calling Crime Stoppers of Ellis County at 972-937-PAYS (7297)
• By calling the Midlothian Police Department Criminal Investigation Division at 972-775-7634
• By private message via our Facebook Page, Midlothian Police Department – Texas (@MidlothianTXPD )

361d4001-c932-4699-bf77-ea8e6f70e086-png.291395

2e7be373-189f-4352-95ba-fe5f05cfa632-jpeg.291394

images

TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, Midlothian, 18 Apr 2016 #45

@No it's not RSBM your post to pickup just your fantastic image for comparison to two of your other images posted on Thread#45 page#45 and the last image is from that same page posted by @Sillybilly hth

Thank you for posting them together. We need to be cautious though not to mix up the CCC killer and the SWFA driver. For now we still do not know if and how they are connected.

ALL IMO

-Nin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members