NJ NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted @ Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland Co, 16 Sep 2019 #7

My two cents coming in for a landing...

My very first thought at the beginning was that it was a random stranger abduction, meaning a pedophile who had been staking out the park, waiting for an opportunity. Going against this theory is the fact that since then no other child has been abducted in the same general area under similar circumstances. Most serial pedophiles don't stop unless they're incarcerated.

My second thought was that it was someone familiar with the family who had their eye on Dulce. IOW someone obsessed with her who stalked her movements, waiting for an opportunity. The fact that Dulce apparently went off with her abductor implies it may have been someone she was familiar with - possibly from church or school. Or even someone Noema had known or even dated in the past. However, I believe Noema would have disclosed any suitors past and present to LE as I believe she was not complicit in the abduction.

In either of those cases I continue to believe it's possible Dulce's body is hidden somewhere in the park. Statistics say an abducted child under those circumstances is most often killed within hours. Bridgeton City Park encompasses over 1100 acres - more than enough to hide a body.

All MOO.

My gut tells me the culprit in this case is someone with ties to the Bridgeton community. Not necessarily known to Dulce and her family, but he knew of them, had observed their patterns and habits, and knew when and where he'd be able to pounce and remove this little girl.

My most optimistic hope is that it is a familial kidnapping, and that Dulce is with people who love her and are treating her well and raising her as their own, even though they've acted criminally in taking her away from her lawful guardians. But I don't give that scenario very good odds. Maybe 20%. :(

Last year, her family bought two cakes: one for Dulce’s aunt, whose birthday is also in April, and one for the missing girl they affectionately called “princess.” They plan to do the same this year, and will commemorate the day at home, away from the park that drew national attention over the disappearance.

A reward stands at $75,000, but more than a year and a half since she vanished, it remains unclaimed and Dulce’s whereabouts remain unknown.

Dulce’s birthday is April 25 and she turns seven this year. She had just started kindergarten when she disappeared and should be in her final months of first grade right now.

Family prepares to mark 7th birthday for child who vanished from N.J. park in 2019

Attachments

• upload_2021-4-23_10-56-2.jpeg
    upload_2021-4-23_10-56-2.jpeg
    120.8 KB · Views: 22
My two cents coming in for a landing...

I continue to believe it's possible Dulce's body is hidden somewhere in the park. Statistics say an abducted child under those circumstances is most often killed within hours. Bridgeton City Park encompasses over 1100 acres - more than enough to hide a body.
Respectfully snipped.

You can drastically reduce the search are by omitting paved areas, open mowed areas, buildings and roads. The spot would have to be secluded enough that she has still not been found, but still accessible as the actor would have to navigate in and out without too much trouble.

Is this regarding the same video? The different reports are confusing.

A spokesperson for Perez tells CBS3 he made the video to affirm his love for his daughter and deny any rumors he knows what happened to Dulce.

“Hello everyone, my name is Edgar Perez. Father of Dulce Maria Alavez,” Perez says in the video. “I’m really, really sad and hurt.”
'I Want To Know Where She Is': Dulce Maria Alavez's Father Releases New Video As Search Continues For Girl On Her 7th Birthday

I believe Dulce was abducted by a stranger or family/church acquaintance. I don’t believe the family knows anything. I sometimes think it could’ve been a teenager, other times I wish it’s an adult that’s keeping her and when she gets older she’ll be able to escape

A man identifying himself as Edgar Perez, Dulce's father, posted a video to YouTube saying he had nothing to do with her disappearance.

"I don't know where she is," the man said in the video, noting that Dulce just turned 7 years old. "Just like everyone, I want to know where she is."

Bridgeton Police Chief Michael Gaimari said authorities are investigating and trying to verify if the man is her father, according to
NBC10.

The FBI recently said new leads have emerged and the agency is "optimistic" it will eventually solve the Amber Alert case involving Dulce, who disappeared when she was 5-years-old.

Video Surfaces In Amber Alert Probe For 7-Year-Old NJ Girl

*can someone please translate song?

The video shows footage of Dulce with her dad taken in the years prior to her disappearance. He was deported in 2018 and is living in Mexico, according to investigators.

Dulce’s mother, Noema Alavez Perez, confirmed Wednesday that the man speaking in the video is Edgar Perez. The speaker is not shown.

“We’re just trying to verify it was him,” Bridgeton Police Chief Michael Gaimari said.

“The images appear to show him, he said, “but we don’t know who made the video, so we’re trying to determine that. But, yes, we would like to open up more of a rapport with him.”
Cops hope to speak with missing N.J. child’s dad after he posts birthday video online

Last edited:
Is this regarding the same video? The different reports are confusing.

A spokesperson for Perez tells CBS3 he made the video to affirm his love for his daughter and deny any rumors he knows what happened to Dulce.

“Hello everyone, my name is Edgar Perez. Father of Dulce Maria Alavez,” Perez says in the video. “I’m really, really sad and hurt.”
'I Want To Know Where She Is': Dulce Maria Alavez's Father Releases New Video As Search Continues For Girl On Her 7th Birthday
He was deported? Dulce’s mom stated he went back to Mexico to go to university to provide a better life for his daughter.
And the narrative sounded like he left immediately after Dulce’s birth and had not seen her in years - but it was only 8-9 months?

Was he involved in day to day life with Dulce before he left?

If he was, then he would have potential information about Dulce’s daily life that might provide a clue?
JMO

Yes and didn’t the fbi seek him out in Mexico for an in-person/on the phone interview?
He was deported? Dulce’s mom stated he went back to Mexico to go to university to provide a better life for his daughter.
And the narrative sounded like he left immediately after Dulce’s birth and had not seen her in years - but it was only 8-9 months?

If he was, then he would have potential information about Dulce’s daily life that might provide a clue?
JMO

JMO
I’m confused too. I’ve been following this case from the beginning and thought the bio dad had been in Mexico for years. I guess I need to go back and read through the earlier threads.

I have watched this video several times, and there is one part that I keep going back to. The entire video is DA until you get to the 4:01 mark. From 4:01 to 4:19 there’s what appears to be people playing soccer, and I believe a baseball diamond in the background. The camera is tilted, and then slowly begins to turn upright. I can find no signs of DA in this part of the video. I’ve tried to see if she is in the background, but if she is I can’t see her. I have the slightest clue if this is the same park she went missing from, but I find this part of the video a bit strange, and random. Maybe I just overlooked her in the background, and am reading too far into it!?!?

In this older article, it states her father went back to Mexico before she was born. Based on this, and other articles I recall reading that mentioned him, I wrongly assumed he wasn't present in her life, at all.
Then this video surfaces and it clearly shows she had a relationship with her father, and accompanying news articles state he left in 2018.

Older article link:
Mother of missing 5-year-old renews appeal for public help: ‘She’s just an innocent girl'

I recall that Noema originally said that Dulce's dad had nothing to do with her until she got older and he saw her resemblance to him. (maybe he denied being the father initially). Then she said once he thought he was Dulce's father, he threatened to get custody of her. Noema later recanted that, saying he didn't try to get custody. There was a report that Dulce's grandmother stopped allowing the father's grandparents visitation with Dulce.

I can't keep up with the contradictions in this case, which has been a problem for many of us from the beginning. We have discussed the fear of ICE and a possible language barrier to explain Noema's changing statements.

I don't know what to believe. There is no proof that the video and photos of Dulce proved that she was with her dad. Weird.

I recall that Noema originally said that Dulce's dad had nothing to do with her until she got older and he saw her resemblance to him. (maybe he denied being the father initially). Then she said once he thought he was Dulce's father, he threatened to get custody of her. Noema later recanted that, saying he didn't try to get custody. There was a report that Dulce's grandmother stopped allowing the father's grandparents visitation with Dulce.

I can't keep up with the contradictions in this case, which has been a problem for many of us from the beginning. We have discussed the fear of ICE and a possible language barrier to explain Noema's changing statements.

I don't know what to believe. There is no proof that the video and photos of Dulce proved that she was with her dad. Weird.

The contradictions are frustrating. Makes me doubt myself. I get it could be, in part, due to a combination of things, like language barriers and possibly poor reporting, to name a few, but it doesn't lend to anyone's credibility when it keeps happening over and over, IMHO. I don't know what or who to believe, either. I can only hope investigators have a handle on what's the truth and know what's what.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back