Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #134

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven’t posted in a long time but I followed Abby and Libby’s case closely in the past. Decided to check in tonight to see what you all are thinking and discussing in regard to BC. I personally think he’s the guy. I remember in the beginning someone posted that when BG was finally found that his nose would be the give away. I can see that now for sure. And not just his appearance but his social media activities and of course this horrific situation for the little 9 yo girl just scream BG to me.

Time will tell. For now, I think he’s the one.

I wish the media would release the affidavit publicly, which they obviously have seen, but I assume they are trying to protect her from the horrid publicity.
I have read two other media reports that kinda sorta said it, “locked up at the bottom of the stairs”, but it could also be interpreted as, “restrained in the basement”, meaning by the chain on the door.
That made me wonder if she was restrained down there or if it was just muddled reporting.
“Chains and locks on the bed” is the clearest statement I’ve heard on it, it’s not possible to misinterpret what that means.
It makes sense that he would restrain her and tape or gag her mouth too, to keep her from screaming and banging on the door when she heard LE in the house.

The affidavit <modsnip> is clear that the basement door was locked but mentions no other locks, restraints, or a bed. It does say the victim's clothes were beside her on the floor. Because it doesn't mention a bed, that reads as if the victim was also on the floor.

I haven't listened to the full NG Crime Stories yet (about halfway through) but NG also makes the claim, which I had not heard before, that the 9 year old victim "resembles Libby physically." Libby was 5'6 and 200 pounds so this surprised me. Is this typical NG hyperbole or had she received this inside information? Is she not talking about physical height and weight but some other physical resemblance? The public has been told zero about the Chadwell victim and rightly so.

NG was screaming at her guests during these claims (she also said that this crime, which happened at 7 pm, shared a characteristic with the Delphi case because it happened "during the same time of day....late afternoon.") This contradicts what Sheriff TL said about the timeline of the crime showing it was over by 3:30 pm. So there were definitely some inaccuracies stated as fact in this podcast.

Link: ‎Crime Stories with Nancy Grace on Apple Podcasts

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah that affidavit has been avail online since I first heard this story at least (a week-ish). Since I read it, the rumors on what that poor little sweetheart suffered have been getting worse & worse, & further from what’s in the affidavit! What can you say, the emotional volume is huge & the mind embellishes the facts to fill it in..... JMO

I'm not sure where "unseasonably warm" came from. It looks like an average day, or maybe slightly warmer than average. I'm sure it is very common to have cold snaps in February. 2/13/17 was not one of those times. But "unseasonably warm?" The low was 23 around dawn, and the high was 45 around 2pm. I know the wind and sun (or lack thereof) can alter how the actual temperature feels, but 45 degrees is 45 degrees, and that was the high temp. Jacket recommended.

Sure, if you're out in the early afternoon, walking at a steady pace, your body will produce a lot of heat. It might not seem too bad walking from the parking lot into cracker barrel. But if you are outside for hours, and not being particularly active, than 45 is pretty cold.

All from 2017:
Feb 6. High 52
Feb 7. High 59
Feb 8. High 34
Feb9. High 21
Feb 10. High 46
Feb 11. High 63
Feb 12.......high 50
Feb 13. High 45
Feb 14.......high 50
Feb 15. High 37
Feb 16. High 46
Feb17 thru feb 24.......all highs in the 60's. (Now THIS is what I would call unseasonably warm)

It looks like the 13th was actually one of the cooler days in this stretch. Sure, I bet it is not uncommon for delphi to have highs in the teens, or even single digits, in February. There just seems to be a misconception (imo) that it was balmy on 2/13/17.

MOO
There was bright sunshine that day and a beautiful blue sky. It was unusual for us here to have such a clear sunny day in February, because it is normally overcast and grey for the month of February. Sometimes we don’t see the sun for a week or more at a time in February.

If the sun is out and a clear blue sky it is like spring here, and many people head outside.

There was bright sunshine that day and a beautiful blue sky. It was unusual for us here to have such a clear sunny day in February, because it is normally overcast and grey for the month of February. Sometimes we don’t see the sun for a week or more at a time in February.

If the sun is out and a clear blue sky it is like spring here, and many people head outside.
This is what I could find for the forecast that day.
upload_2021-5-4_19-55-43.png

<modsnip>

I feel bad for Becky Patty that she had to endure that but I applaud her for doing anything she can to keep the case in the public’s consciousness. As for Nancy Grace, though she is obviously capitalizing on a tragedy, I’m still glad that she’s using her platform to bring additional attention to the case, but I wish she wouldn’t go over the top trying to convince people that JBC is the perp. I’d hate for people to start thinking, “Delphi? Oh, yeah, they got that guy, right?”

Nancy and her guests seem to be playing fast and loose with the facts, as this is the first (and so far only) place that I’ve heard any reference to chaining the poor victim to the bed, never mind stating that JBC had the basement “prepped.” There certainly was nothing to either effect in the PCA.

For those 2-4 of you on here that have been there I defer to you. Yes, Gray Hughes has very well researched videos, but it doesn't replace physical observation. Even ISP Superintendent D. Carter, after walking over the bridge, said this killer had to have been over it before.
Yes a person whose work is not often in heights would need time to get used walking on the bridge, but MOO for someone who has logged many hundreds of hours in aerial catwalks I don't think it would be a problem.

I hate to admit it but I actually liked Nancy when she was first on the air. Listening to the podcast now and I’m just embarrassed for her. She’s like a caricature of every worst-case, sensationalist “journalist” you see in a lot of B movies.

I feel bad for Becky Patty that she had to endure that but I applaud her for doing anything she can to keep the case in the public’s consciousness. As for Nancy Grace, though she is obviously capitalizing on a tragedy, I’m still glad that she’s using her platform to bring additional attention to the case, but I wish she wouldn’t go over the top trying to convince people that JBC is the perp. I’d hate for people to start thinking, “Delphi? Oh, yeah, they got that guy, right?”

Nancy and her guests seem to be playing fast and loose with the facts, as this is the first (and so far only) place that I’ve heard any reference to chaining the poor victim to the bed, never mind stating that JBC had the basement “prepped.” There certainly was nothing to either effect in the PCA.

In addition to having little regard for the truth (despite supposedly “studying the affidavit,” I also thought the show/guests showed a general lack of knowledge/research. In particular, when one guest an “investigative reporter”) was talking about JBC’s priors, she mentioned the DUIs, trespassing, and the fact that his step-father had him evicted. Nothing at all about the more serious, violent felony convictions for aggregated assault, criminal recklessness with a deadly weapon, battery with great bodily harm, assaulting a cop, assaulting a prison guard, etc. Just really poor reporting, unfortunately.

While we wait until we hear more on JBCII, I'm curious if anyone has thoughts on this statement "believe we were onto something early on"
---
Talks about Perp if not in the room was close by, but 100% convinced he was watching.

Why? “Because of all that has happened over these last 30 months, the information that we had received, the information that we knew, and I hope to one day be able to tell that story”.

“I really believe over time we are going to have an idea that we were onto something early on

While we wait until we hear more on JBCII, I'm curious if anyone has thoughts on this statement "believe we were onto something early on"
---
Talks about Perp if not in the room was close by, but 100% convinced he was watching.

Why? “Because of all that has happened over these last 30 months, the information that we had received, the information that we knew, and I hope to one day be able to tell that story”.

“I really believe over time we are going to have an idea that we were onto something early on

I have two thoughts on LE's statement "we were on to something early on."

One, is that it could refer to the fact that the investigation switched to the "young BG" sketch in 2019, which we now know was made from the memory of a witness who "saw something she felt needed to be reported," and was actually the earlier of the two publicly released sketches, being made just a couple of days after the crime.

My second thought is that LE could be referring to the well known fact that in the early days of investigations, particularly those of child abduction murders, LE direct their investigation into gaining knowledge of who may have had access to the victims' last known location, the crime scene, or body disposal site. Studies have shown that police, in the process of neighborhood canvassing, recording names of potential witnesses, etc, in the early days of the investigation had contact with the killer about some aspect of the murder - before he became a suspect - about half of the time. The recommendation from the Department of Justice is that police become aware that they likely have already had contact with the killer in a substantial number of cases.

Furthermore, the actual name of the killer often becomes known - though not necessarily as a suspect - immediately in 22% of child abduction murder cases (as we nearly saw with Chadwell), is known within 24 hours in 40% of studied cases, and within a week in 57% of cases. Source: Investigative Case Management for Missing Children Homicides: Report II | Office of Justice Programs

In addition to having little regard for the truth (despite supposedly “studying the affidavit,” I also thought the show/guests showed a general lack of knowledge/research. In particular, when one guest an “investigative reporter”) was talking about JBC’s priors, she mentioned the DUIs, trespassing, and the fact that his step-father had him evicted. Nothing at all about the more serious, violent felony convictions for aggregated assault, criminal recklessness with a deadly weapon, battery with great bodily harm, assaulting a cop, assaulting a prison guard, etc. Just really poor reporting, unfortunately.
Thank you to everyone who listened so I don’t have to.

I'm reading all the speculation about a "signature" here. Is that coming from the statement that LE made about maybe "having something from the start"?

Here's a transcript from an interview with Robert Ives, the former prosecutor. He discusses the crime scene and signatures.

ANDREW: Was there a signature in his crime, like would you characterize something as a signature? Like, without telling us what it is.

ROBERT IVES: I would say there were two or three things. I’d say at least three.

Delphi Murders 3 Signatures: Robert Ives Interview Transcript from 'Down the Hill' Podcast - CrimeLights

...this is the first (and so far only) place that I’ve heard any reference to chaining the poor victim to the bed, never mind stating that JBC had the basement “prepped.” There certainly was nothing to either effect in the PCA.

The little girl was found in a room in the basement, which was locked with a chain lock.

It will not surprise me in the least if JBC is responsible for the deaths of Abby and Libby.

Missing Indiana girl found in basement; arrested suspect investigated in Delphi murders

James Brian Chadwell: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

JMO.

Last edited:
<modsnip: Quoted post was deleted by member>

If LE knew the suspect was bearded immediately prior to the murders and then clean shaven by the end of that day, wouldn’t be critical information to release to the public when asking for tips? That would appear to me to be even more important than releasing a grainy photo and definitely more significant than two different sketches who were never indicated to be the same person.

Instead the first sketch was depicted as a man in his 40s to 50s, the second as young as 18 to late 30s. I think it’s unlikely someone who knows the identity of the killer would expect someone who’s 18 to be mistaken for someone as old as a 50 year old or vice versa, shaven or not.

LE have told us the sketches are of two different people. They know where each was sighted, when and under what circumstances, however we don’t.

JMO

In one of JBC's FB photos, he is shown with what appears to be very curly hair on the top. The sides are shaved. Every other pic. I've seen shows him with straight hair which always bothered me because the second sketch clearly shows very curly hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member