Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #55 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paraphrased from my earlier post: if BM asked fire chief to corroborate false alibi (that BM was in Denver that day or weekend for FF training or exercise), could that be the basis for the Attempt to Influence offense?
@Seattle1 Thx for your response. Care to share any of the other thoughts. TiA.

Besides the non-existent fire fighter training, I think the most obvious Attempt to Influence was BM's claim that SM went on a bike ride on Sunday. If you believe that SM's bike was planted in the ravine off the bike trail, the only purpose would be to divert the investigation away from the residence and BM-- who allegedly was 150 miles away when SM vanished.

Lastly, I also think BM capable of threatening an official -- which also follows Attempt to Influence-- but I have no evidence to cite. JMO

Oh I am glad he cleared that up. I wonder if she was moved 5 times, or if she is in 5 different places ☹️ Sorry to suggest that.

Every time he is a guest on a YouTube channel he gets asked that question. He always gives a different answer. A couple of nights ago he was asked again as a guest on a show and he responded he could not answer it to protect the integrity of the investigation. It is click bait. He only knows what little info The Moorman’s give him. AMOO

My guess is the evening of the 8th. I think BM left the job site early because he knew he had some serious cleaning to do and didn’t want the possibility of someone coming to his house when he was not home. I think he also needed to manage the SM is still alive thing via communications on her phone. But once he was home, he also realized he needed to be seen out that afternoon to build somewhat of an alibi for Saturday afternoon.

Does anyone else remember Suzanne and BM being seen on a walk by a lady who had been cleaning a property nearby? If so, what day was that? Or have I completely imagined that?

Besides the non-existent fire fighter training, I think the most obvious Attempt to Influence was BM's claim that SM went on a bike ride on Sunday. If you believe that SM's bike was planted in the ravine off the bike trail, the only purpose would be to divert the investigation away from the residence and BM-- who allegedly was 150 miles away when SM vanished.

Lastly, I also think BM capable of threatening an official -- which also follows Attempt to Influence-- but I have no evidence to cite. JMO

It doesn't make any sense that Barry would have told anyone he was at any kind of firefighter training when he knew full well, numerous people knew exactly where he was, because he made dang sure, numerous people were going to know where he was.

From the desk clerk at the hotel, to CC, MG, JP and whoever else sub-contracted that Broomfield job to him. I do suspect that the entire Broomfield job that weekend, and everyone connected to it, was his pre-planned alibi.

I suspect, TN (or another family member) did not know for sure where he was, and he might have been the first person to say he was out of town on business, and that quickly morphed into FF business.

jmo

Does anyone else remember Suzanne and BM being seen on a walk by a lady who had been cleaning a property nearby? If so, what day was that? Or have I completely imagined that?
No you’re not imagining it. :)
Reportedly, the cleaning lady saw SM & BM walking together near the dumpsters on Wednesday, May 6, 2020- four days prior to SM “disappearance”.

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

Last edited:
Derek Chauvin civil case was awarded before his criminal trial 28 million awarded so why can’t Suzanne's family go forward with this as well?
That award was not made by a court, it was a settlement reached between the two parties outside of court based on whatever calculus they used to decide it made sense to do it at that time.

It doesn't make any sense that Barry would have told anyone he was at any kind of firefighter training when he knew full well, numerous people knew exactly where he was, because he made dang sure, numerous people were going to know where he was.

From the desk clerk at the hotel, to CC, MG, JP and whoever else sub-contracted that Broomfield job to him. I do suspect that the entire Broomfield job that weekend, and everyone connected to it, was his pre-planned alibi.

I suspect, TN (or another family member) did not know for sure where he was, and he might have been the first person to say he was out of town on business, and that quickly morphed into FF business.

jmo
Unless BM was trying to create an alibi for his lack of progress at the Broomfield site. Reportedly, he left Maysfield at 5 AM and would have arrived the Denver area fairly early but only did about 30 minutes of work in Broomfield -- and didn't even get the materials ordered or tools set out for the following day when the crew would be on-site. IMO, Broomfield has always seemed to be an afterthought.

I have thought about it being the bike staging scene. Didn't he even rant to Tyson Draper about how the police screwed up the investigation and didn't process the bike evidence correctly? IIRC, there you have it on tape.

Who told the neighbor to check for Suzanne's bike? Who else would have motive to plant a bike in a steep ravine? Who went seven miles away looking for her baby blue bike helmet? He was so worried about this bike helmet that that was the only information left with the store owner. Nothing about the actual missing wife...Quite strange...

Anyone with any common sense should be able to follow all of the pieces of this puzzle.

I think you might be right about that obvious attempt to influence.

From here 2016 Colorado Revised Statutes :: Title 18 - :: Criminal Code :: Article 8 - :: Offenses - Governmental Operations :: Part 3 - :: Bribery and Corrupt Influences :: § 18-8-306. Attempt to influence a public servant

"Universal Citation: CO Rev Stat § 18-8-306 (2016)
Any person who attempts to influence any public servant by means of deceit or by threat of violence or economic reprisal against any person or property, with the intent thereby to alter or affect the public servant's decision, vote, opinion, or action concerning any matter which is to be considered or performed by him or the agency or body of which he is a member, commits a class 4 felony.

Barry insisting that Suzanne had gone for a bike ride, when she never did, and he knew it, would 100% fall into the category of deceiving LE, with the intent to alter the course of the investigation.

Further, the tampering charge could also be directly related to the staged bike scene:

"Knowingly makes, presents, or offers any false or altered physical evidence with intent that it be introduced in the pending or prospective official proceeding." Colorado Revised Statutes Title 18. Criminal Code § 18-8-610 | FindLaw

BM is In-Custody so he's automatically eligible for a PD. He doesn't even have to apply.

Applying for a Public Defender | Office of the Colorado State Public Defender

Adult Charges and Revocations

In-Custody: If you are in custody and felony or misdemeanor charges have been filed or you have a court date for a revocation, you are automatically eligible for court-appointed representation.

If you are released from custody after counsel has been appointed, you must fill out the Application for Public Defender/Court Appointed Counsel in a Criminal Case JDF208 (in Spanish). If you fail to timely complete an application, the court-appointed counsel may withdraw from your case.

Out-of-Custody: You may apply for court-appointed counsel at any Public Defenders Office regardless of where your charges were filed. For a list of the Public Defenders 21 state-wide regional offices and contact information for those offices see the Public Defender Offices page.

To apply for court-appointed counsel, you must fill out each section of the Application for Public Defender/Court Appointed Counsel in a Criminal Case, JDF208 (in Spanish). Proof of your gross (before taxes) household income must be provided which may include pay stubs, income tax returns, letters from employers, or award letters from SSI or unemployment. Household income includes documentation from any family member living in the household who is working and contributing to the common support of the household. It does not include a roommate’s income unless you have access to and proprietary rights in your roommate’s income. Please refer to form JDF208 for more information regarding the required financial documentation.

When applying for representation, in addition to your financial information, you should also provide all paperwork you have received regarding the case, including charging documents.

Question as I have been away from this case for a long time. Wasn't Lauren the one who was / appeared to be taken off the case when she was the best reporter?

Can anyone let me know if my memory was correct, or was that another case/another reporter. And if you could refresh my memory, if indeed it was her, why she was taken off the case reporting, and when did she get back on and why.

TIA

My theory is that after she went to the door to try and interview Barry again, and he got angry, that either her employers or LE advised her to stay away for her safety.

She still posted occasionally and clearly kept doing work on the case. But the instant he was behind bars, she was tweeting her stories again.

And per the PE YouTube, one of his daughters is graduating from college this weekend. A joyous life event which is overshadowed by her father being arrested. MOO

Ah, that's very sad. She won't feel the full impact of missing the joy of her graduation until much later - maybe not even until she's going to the graduations of her own future children.

Last edited:
It occured to me today that Barry might also be controlling his daughters with a healthy helping of guilt. As in, "It's too bad you two were running late (getting home from the camping trip) and didn't make it home before this happened to your mom. Maybe this thing, that's the worst thing that's ever happened to me, could have been avoided if you two had been home on time. She would have been with you."
Instead of what, I don't know. Who knows what crap he's feeding them: bike ride, being abducted, tempting mountain lions, whatever.
I wouldn't put it past him to make his daughters feel like it is somehow their fault. MOO.

Yeah, I have a feeling it will beat Stauch’s 28-page record. The amount of search warrants alone is incredible to me. Barry is fried.
135. We only knew of what, three? The house twice and the river front job site.

Inlcuded in that count of search warrents would be for all the electronic devices in the house, internet service providers, cell phone providers, cell towers, online banking, social media accounts, vehicle's GPS data, and the buhzillion other electronic footprints we all leave all day long, every day, and never really think about. And the most amazing thing about all that data is, it's Agenda Free, so it just speaks the plain truth, no matter who's asking the questions.

Seriously, if someone is going to commit a crime these days, they better literally go off the grid first, because if not... be sure your data will find you out. (play on words from a Bible verse about your sin finding you out... and it BM's case, both have).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa