Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #134

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will first say that I have not really followed the Evansdale case, only as discussions related to Delphi. I know nothing about earlier discussions about a carwash. But...
I snipped this info from an earlier post:

“They were the only two people to go by on bikes that day to my knowledge,” said Joe Pahl, who alerted police about the video July 16. “I’ve watched it.”
Pahl is the manager of
Cornbelt Auctions, 3520 Lafayette Road, where a 24-hour camera captured the footage from its position behind the building. The time and date stamp — 12:11 p.m. July 13 —“

And I found this info and map:

On the map, the red circled building is 3520 Lafayette Road in Evansdale, the building referenced above with the security camera video that saw the girls pass on bikes. The camera was behind the building so
the girls must have been riding on Brovan Blvd. The blue circled building is Kavalier Car Wash. Not very far away and not a stretch to figure the girls rode by it either before or after the security camera. My guess is that is why the car wash was part of the discussion at some point. As mentioned I know nothing about what that discussion entailed.
So...I kinda think a “carwashes and trestles” discussion is warranted.

But were the bikes found there? That's the statement I have a problem with.

I don't know whether the victims in that case were abducted from the a nearby car wash, the auction house, their driveway, or Meyers Lake - and in fact, I don't think anyone but LE really knows this at this point - BUT what I take issue with is the statement that their bikes were found at a car wash.

Their bikes being "found" at a car wash is contrary to what LE and MSM say and so is a non-factual statement.

By stating falsely that they were, it makes a slight, tenuous connection (that they may have been riding in the vicinity of a car wash) seem MUCH stronger and persuasive than it really is.

JBC could be responsible for both of these cases - no doubt he is evil enough - but we should be discussing this based on what is factual, not what is an overinflation of the facts and contrary to LE's statements.

I recall following a case on WS when other WSers were insisting it was connected to another unsolved crime. I honestly thought they were really stretching and were unrealistic.

Turn out they were right! WSers had the eye to see the connections almost immediately....and eventually LE made the announcement that Jesse Matthews committed both crimes.

I keep that in mind when I think WSer are off track - they might not be!

jmo
Yup!
Hannah Graham and Morgan Harrington JLM Charged in Morgan Harrington murder

JBC could be responsible for both of these cases - no doubt he is evil enough - but we should be discussing this based on what is factual, not what is an overinflation of the facts and contrary to LE's statements
True, but it’s possible that LE may be viewing things differently now that this person and all the various information have bubbled up to the surface.

True, but it’s possible that LE may be viewing things differently now that this person and all the various information have bubbled up to the surface.

Sure, LE could. But not to beat a dead horse...it doesn't make an incorrect statement correct. JBC could definitely be related to the case but it doesn't mean that the victims' bikes were found at a car wash. That part's verifiably not true and was either confusion on the part of the original poster or said to make their speculation seem like it had more weight. Either of which should be pointed out IMO.

Sure, LE could. But not to beat a dead horse...it doesn't make an incorrect statement correct. JBC could definitely be related to the case but it doesn't mean that the victims' bikes were found at a car wash. That part's verifiably not true and was either confusion on the part of the original poster or said to make their speculation seem like it had more weight. Either of which should be pointed out IMO.
Yes, I do agree with you on that.

Only a true psychopath can pull it together like that and answer the door to the Cops and act like it ain't no thang..and go right back to raping , beating and strangling..

What really surprises me is he answered the door in the first place. And he let them in to search.

He's obviously not very smart and thinks other people are not smart

What really surprises me is he answered the door in the first place. And he let them in to search.

If he had threatened the girl into silence and remained silent himself, would the cops have left, or would they have had probable cause to force their way in?

He had two open warrants out on him - he didn't have much choice whether or not to let them in. I do think it's odd he answered the door in the first place, though.

jmo

Person of interest in Delphi murders has Kokomo connections
James Chadwell lived, worked in Kokomo prior to attempted murder arrest

kokomoperspective.com/kp/news/person-of-interest-in-delphi-murders-has-kokomo-connections/article_aafaca22-b1a1-11eb-b28b-13e0588a4d6a.html

From the above link (snipped to initial by me) :

“On Facebook, Chadwell had various check-ins at Kokomo businesses, such as the Hi-Mark Restaurant and Lounge, Trinity House, and the city of Kokomo. Chadwell’s most recent check-in to Kokomo was last month on April 6.”

[...]

“G said she has received threats of violence for being related to Chadwell.

“[Our family is doing] terrible,” G said. “We’re all getting threats and everything. Some guy messaged me and told me he was going to find me and rape me and kill me just because we were friends on Facebook, me and Brian.”

[...]

“According to G, Chadwell always would “act out” around the time of his mother’s death.”

May 11, 2021

From the above link (snipped to initial by me) :

“On Facebook, Chadwell had various check-ins at Kokomo businesses, such as the Hi-Mark Restaurant and Lounge, Trinity House, and the city of Kokomo. Chadwell’s most recent check-in to Kokomo was last month on April 6.”

[...]

“G said she has received threats of violence for being related to Chadwell.

“[Our family is doing] terrible,” G said. “We’re all getting threats and everything. Some guy messaged me and told me he was going to find me and rape me and kill me just because we were friends on Facebook, me and Brian.”

[...]

“According to G, Chadwell always would “act out” around the time of his mother’s death.”

May 11, 2021
What was the date of his mother’s death?

But were the bikes found there? That's the statement I have a problem with.

I don't know whether the victims in that case were abducted from the a nearby car wash, the auction house, their driveway, or Meyers Lake - and in fact, I don't think anyone but LE really knows this at this point - BUT what I take issue with is the statement that their bikes were found at a car wash.

Their bikes being "found" at a car wash is contrary to what LE and MSM say and so is a non-factual statement.

By stating falsely that they were, it makes a slight, tenuous connection (that they may have been riding in the vicinity of a car wash) seem MUCH stronger and persuasive than it really is.

JBC could be responsible for both of these cases - no doubt he is evil enough - but we should be discussing this based on what is factual, not what is an overinflation of the facts and contrary to LE's statements.

I was not addressing where the bikes were found only that there seems to be a reason for the discussion about car washes back whenever. And because of that and the actual presence of a car wash so close to where the girls were seen on security camera, a statement by JBC concerning “carwashes and trestles” seems appropriate to me. That’s all.

I was not addressing where the bikes were found only that there seems to be a reason for the discussion about car washes back whenever. And because of that and the actual presence of a car wash so close to where the girls were seen on security camera, a statement by JBC concerning “carwashes and trestles” seems appropriate to me. That’s all.
Time will tell. It may prove so, in the end.

Yes that is correct Marg, you can't see it because of the trees now but it is where I have put the little yellow marker on the map here.

Thanks for bringing that forward, Skibby. Interesting you have it labeled as “shack”.

Do you remember by any chance where/when we originally discussed this? I’m thinking it was pretty soon after the girls were killed. I’d like to go back to this, as well as view the zoomed in image(s) you originally posted. I’ll do some googling and see if I can find that discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa