MS MS - Jessica Stacks, 28, missing from boat on Tallahatchie River, 1 Jan 2021

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
An interesting question by John came up at about 29:15. In one of the news links, it says that Jessica's BF called his son to come get him when he got out of the river. Is it possible his son is the person who was holding Jessica's phone that day, and the person who helped them launch the boat? If not, why did her BF call his son, and not the other person who was holding Jessica's phone?

An interesting question by John came up at about 29:15. In one of the news links, it says that Jessica's BF called his son to come get him when he got out of the river. Is it possible his son is the person who was holding Jessica's phone that day, and the person who helped them launch the boat? If not, why did her BF call his son, and not the other person who was holding Jessica's phone?

[BBM]
Missing woman update: Search with thermal imaging drones continues - | NEMiss.NEWS

"Although Stacks owned a cell phone, she did not have it with her. The sheriff said the plan had been to leave her phone with the person who helped them put the boat in. They took Baggett’s phone with them, in order to call her phone when they decided to get out of the river. That person would then come and get them."

Jessica Stacks disappearance: a two-month follow up - | NEMiss.NEWS
Fourth paragraph of this article, this is the individual who had Jessica's cell phone:

"Union County Sheriff Jimmy Edwards said he was told that ["WS"], a Union County resident, helped Baggett and Stacks put the boat into the river."

Is the boyfriend's family popular in the area, have relatives in LE or hold positions in powerful political offices?

There is no way a 28yo lady wakes up on Friday, Jan 1 at 8am to go hunting in a leaky boat for wild hogs only to leave the boat two hours later so she can walk to the road without a phone, coat, or boots. What about the dangers of encountering feral pigs on the way out?

This couple attended a New Year's Eve party somewhere and Jessica was fatally wounded for some reason. They may not have arrived together. Maybe she didn't know he would be at the party. But, something bad happened on New Year's Eve. jmho

Find out where Jessica was the night before! Who willingly gives anyone their expensive cell phone, their lifeline, for any reason? She did not do that!

It's either the Sheriff is stating no foul play is involved while he carries out a thorough investigation or something is wrong with his interpretation of the BFs story. Sheriff says there are prints that prove Jessica was ashore but then he states there's a deep gully in the swollen Tallahatchie River that if she stepped in it, the water would be over her head, thereby, implying she'd drown.

Either she made it out or she didn't. Can't have it both ways, Sheriff.

Union County Sheriff: 662-534-1941
Well, in January, the sheriff said (see earlier link):
“We are spending hours going and talking to people, finding out, ‘what I said, I heard so and so say that’ and then they heard so and so say that, it just snowballs and gets bigger and more added to it and they say, ‘no I didn’t say that’ takes hours to chase all that down,” Edwards said.
Edwards says there is no sign of foul play, but he promises to continue to search and follow all credible leads.

Some might interpret that to mean: "I'm sick of working this case and my butt is sore from riding my ATV up and down the river, so unless you have a videotaped confession, don't bother calling in your tips".
That's not how I interpret it, but I'd hate to think that the more shy citizens might be tempted to sit on potentially valuable ℹ️information rather than calling LE.

I, personally, do not believe that she was EVER in that boat. But, that is my opinion only; not based on any factual info.

There seems to be a growing trend, in other cases, where "no body" is not a bar to prosecution. Purely circumstantial evidence is enough to indict a prime suspect. The pendulum is swinging that way, at least in some jurisdictions.

Last edited:
Ms Jessica Stacks needs to be located. Why did she disappear? She did not simply vanish off the edge of that Tallahatchie River. Why did someone on shore have her cellphone? Isn't that correct?

Her older male companion stated she left the boat and was walking in the direction toward the nearest bridge, apparently without a cell phone, boots or her coat. LEO found a coat that cld hv been Jessica's. They, Jessica Stacks and the Captain, of the leaky aluminum boat, allegedly could see the bridge from where their boat was located in the swollen Tallahatchie River. Jessica just jumps out and tries to walk back to the highway. What a sloshy mess that would be. He lost that girl, Jessica Stacks.

I still think there was a fatality at a New Year's Eve party 01/01/2021. Who besides the older male companion was the last to see her other than the shady guy on shore who was known to us only as Her Cell Phone Holder?

Where was Jessica the evening before she disappeared walking away from a leaky boat? Where was she New Year's Eve? Who had her cell phone the evening before she vanished, New Year's Eve?

Hi all,

Sorry if this has already been speculated, but I don't believe she was ever on that boat. I think the crime happened elsewhere and everything involving the boat was staged to shift police's focus there. The strangest thing is that her boots were "cut" - why would this be? Supposedly her boyfriend said her feet were aching so she cut them off, but why wouldn't you just slip them off as normal if that was the case? It makes me believe they were cut in order for someone with larger feet to wear them and create the footprints found. Furthermore, why is there NO description of what she was wearing at all? Perhaps the boyfriend is choosing to omit this information so that, should any of her clothing or even her remains be found with her clothing, they wouldn't be immediately identifiable as hers.

I hope she is found safe but this isn't looking good and everything we know so far just seems highly suspicious.

Where on earth is Jessica Stacks? I can't believe Jessica's been missing since the beginning of the year and seemingly we are no closer to finding out what happened to her.

Oh how i would like LE to ask Jessica's boat companion also the guy that held her phone, to undergo a few polygraphs. Not sure about their use in this state but i'd be intrigued to see the results.

Thinking about Jessica and her loved ones, hoping there will be answers soon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Haymacsue
Back