Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #61 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to try my best to translate. I'm from Mississippi, so I speak JP. :cool:

Lauren: Hi.

JP: Hello.

Lauren: We're looking for JP.

JP: That's me, but I ain't talking.

LS: You're not talking?

JP: No.

LS: But you talked to the Daily Mail.

JP: But I didn't mean to either. Cuz I was under the impression they was somebody...I don't wanna talk to 'em.

LS: I'm local. Oh, so you didn't realize they were interviewing you?

JP: No, I thought it might have been like a private detective or something like that, but I mean, something like that, but then they come out and give me a business card and I talked to them. Know what I'm saying?

LS: Gotcha.

JP: I looked at it a while ago, and they misconstrued a lot of things I said, ya know what I'm saying?

LS: Yeah, that's what I thought, too.

JP: They just kinda blew **** outta the water, you know what I'm saying, ya know?

LS: Uh huh. Would you want to do an interview with us to set this record straight?

JP: Well, I mean, a lot of stuff I said, I mean it. I mean what I say, but I mean, as far as finding the mail in the room down there...it was one piece of mail (unintelligible).

LS: It wasn't multiple, you're saying.

JP: It was one piece of mail, and they said I found a bunch of mail, and I said one piece of mail. And they said I was...(unintelligible). And, I mean, the room did smell like chlorine, I'm not making that **** up.

LS: Yeah.

JP: (Unintelligible) I mean, he shouldn't have got me involved in it, know what I'm saying?

LS: Yeah. It's almost like he was trying to use you as an alibi.

JP: Well, I mean, when I first got down there, if you listen to that interview, when I first talked, I thought, this is like an alibi from hell. Then I find a piece of mail, and I didn't find the piece of mail until the next morning, Monday morning, in the bathroom. It was in the trash can. (Unintelligible)... he had like a couple of brochures from, like, Salida, and a reality company, them brochure things, all balled up with it, and then it was like on top of the trash can, and I knocked them off and there was a piece of mail in there and it had Barry on it.

LS: Wow. And he never came back?

JP: No. I mean, (unintelligible) ...Monday morning comes, see I was just down there helping. I wasn't even part of the deal. The girl before, Nicky, um, Morgan, she, Barry called her and said, the reason why I had to come back the night before, Sunday night, was because of family. First of all, it was a family emergency, then the next night he said she was missing. That's what he said.

LS: So did he spend the night, Sat. night, there?

JP: I couldn't tell ya...um...no, cuz well, I don't know. Cuz I seen him here Saturday. I was over here working over there, and seen him Saturday morning. (Unintelligible)...Morgan and him worked that place down there.

LS: The Salida County 105?

JP: That house across from that river.

LS: By the river. Yeah.

JP: They worked there a couple of hours, and she told me that Barry said they were gonna go hiking or riding, bike riding, that day, or something like that. But anyway, then I seen Barry here around, I wanna say I seen him twice, but I'm not for sure. But I know I seen him once, putting that piece on the bucket, the plate. And um... and then, as far as I know his whereabouts right around 12, right around lunch time, 1:00 or 2:00, something, right here, getting his bucket thang fixed.

LS: Are you talking about on the Bobcat, the digging thing?

JP: Yeah, on the Bobcat.

(continued in next post).
BBM
WOW @swedeheart A thousand thank yous for transcribing JP. I tried, had a terrible time with it, even wondered if JP might have had a drink or two, very unintelligible several times.

So BM left one piece of mail and a few brochures from Salida and a real estate company. How odd!

We can work on fitting these new puzzle pieces into a BM scenario while we wait for the AA to be released.Thank you again! MOO
EBM typos

If anyone has bobcat knowledge, what’s a plate? Also, on the wall-would a bobcat be required to do the work? Would the inspector have to be scheduled ahead of time to review the wall work? Did an inspector show up at all?

I've been looking at the Salida Stove & Spa website and FB page. I think they might sell chlorine tablets, not ready mixed chlorine.
From what I can see, the spas they sell generally have a filter that you add a chlorine tablet to, and it makes its own liquid chlorine as the water filters through it.
They also were selling Mothers Day gifts, in May 2020. Candles and such.

So, I was wondering if BM got hold of some chlorine tablets (from wherever - either from them in some earlier visit, or somewhere else) and mixed up chlorine in his hotel room.
Which could account for the strong smell of chlorine in the room, and damp towels laying around the place (from mopping/absorbing spilled water perhaps).

Last edited:
If anyone has bobcat knowledge, what’s a plate? Also, on the wall-would a bobcat be required to do the work? Would the inspector have to be scheduled ahead of time to review the wall work? Did an inspector show up at all?

Not a bobcat aficionado ... but google tells me that bobcats have a mounting plate. To attach the various buckets and other attachments to the bobcat arm.

To mount an attachment, simply line up your compact loader's mounting plate to the attachment, engage the attachment wedges, and lower levers until they're locked securely in place.
Bob-Tach Attachment Systems - Loaders - Bobcat Company

Dig-It Skid Steer Eco Universal Blank Mounting Plate

Last edited:
I've been looking at the Salida Stove & Spa website and FB page. I think they might sell chlorine tablets, not ready mixed chlorine.
From what I can see, the spas they sell generally have a filter that you add a chlorine tablet to, and it makes its own liquid chlorine as the water filters through it.
They also were selling Mothers Day gifts, in May 2020. Candles and such.

So, I was wondering if BM got hold of some chlorine tablets (from wherever - either from them in some earlier visit, or somewhere else) and mixed up chlorine in his hotel room.
Which could account for the strong smell of chlorine in the room, and damp towels laying around the place (from mopping/absorbing spilled water perhaps).
It seems strange that he would go through all the trouble when he could just use bleach. Maybe he had already used up all the bleach at the house.

Every time I hear a new interview I get even more confused.

Not a bobcat aficionado ... but google tells me that bobcats have a mounting plate. To attach the various buckets and other attachments to the bobcat arm.

To mount an attachment, simply line up your compact loader's mounting plate to the attachment, engage the attachment wedges, and lower levers until they're locked securely in place.
Bob-Tach Attachment Systems - Loaders - Bobcat Company

Dig-It Skid Steer Eco Universal Blank Mounting Plate

By the time of the trial we will all become bobcat experts and be able to name all moving parts!!

The footer for a low wall would most likely be dug by a mini-excavator or a standard excavator with a narrow bucket. I don't see an application for a Bobcat skid steer loader other than to backfill and grade. The inspector would review the drawings prior to the job starting, would want to see the prep for the footers, might take a look during construction and then do a final inspection and signoff. Inspectors are generally set up in advance on a schedule with approximate dates for each stage.

It seems strange that he would go through all the trouble when he could just use bleach. Maybe he had already used up all the bleach at the house.

Every time I hear a new interview I get even more confused.

Pandemic. Household cleaners were nearly impossible to find.

Let's hope he tried other stores first. Stores with cameras.

JMO

Maybe Barry wanted all the witnesses there he could get to support his alibi.
Besides witnesses, did BM think renting a room at HIE in Broomfield, in his name, wasn't enough evidence for LE to prove he was there?
How about being seen by all those cameras BM was aware of at HIE?
Did BM think LE might miss the HIE transaction of renting a room, so he deposited Salida brochures in the room's wastebasket, just in case LE still hadn't figured out he had been there, and from Salida?
And, did BM figure the renting transaction, CCTV and Salida brochures might be overlooked by LE....so he made certain to place HIS NAME in the wastebasket via a piece of personal mail?
Really?????

Since BM found it necessary to leave several "loaves of bread" in Broomfield....
where did BM fail to realize he was leaving priceless "breadcrumbs" behind?

Come on down AA.

RIP Suzanne.
MOO

Educating myself about chlorine here while we await the release of the AA.

Chlorine is highly concentrated and 4 - 6 times stronger than liquid bleach.

The tablets take about a week to dissolve, so not a good choice for this, um ... application.

The liquid version would be serious overkill in a standard hotel bathtub which only holds about 35 - 50 gallons of water. The smell would be overwhelming especially in a small space like a hotel room.

According to the CDC, chlorine exposure can cause a burning sensation in the nose, throat, and eyes, (as reported by MG in her interview with LS). It can also cause skin redness and blistering. (Did LE see evidence of this on Sunday evening?)

Liquid Chlorine: Here's Everything You Need To Know

CDC | Facts About Chlorine

Wow the interview with JP was certainly interesting. Had to listen to it several times. Was able to hear and comprehend better when I put my earphones on.
Seems ‘ole JP was on to BM from the get go.
He knew what was up and didn’t like being brought into it and used by BM, and I don’t blame him one bit.

Did y’all catch when he was talking about the bike @35:18 mark, if I heard correctly the gist of it, paraphrased, yeah and you know the bike was just a ploy, and he sent the neighbor over there to check for the bike, that’s what they’re going by cuz Barry said she went for a bike ride, know what I’m sayin’. I mean no one saw her on the bike know what I’m sayin’, (repeated a couple times), and you know, unless a UFO got her or something’. ;) Lol, Priceless.
Yes JP, we know what you’re sayin’ alright, most of us don’t buy what BM was/is selling either.

IMO, BM clearly used JP and others as pawns to muddy the proverbial waters.
Could be for several reasons, boost his alibi, wanting them away from Salida to avoid immediate questioning by LE, wanted them to be in the hotel room where he likely cleaned evidence so their fingerprints are scattered around room, trying to frame JP/MG etc.
BM certainly underestimated the “meth heads”, as based on JP and MG’s interviews with LS, they clearly saw right through what he was doing/used them. Good for them for telling it like it is and cooperating with the authorities.

One of the things I’m dying to know is when that hotel room wax booked and BM check-in time. Hopefully AA is released soon and we’ll have some answers to all our questions.

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

Last edited:
At 31:07 when LS asked if BM left any tools for the job I understood JP to say something like “ as far as the shelves in the lobby” and something about “rakes”. Then when he mentions “ last year “ he is talking about the wall they were supposed to repair because it had failed and BM had originally done the work last year.

Remember in LS interview with MG she said that the only tools BM left them were a bunch of things that looked like BM just dumped out of his truck onto a hotel cart? I’m guessing that is what JP means by “shelves”. Weird that BM would leave in the lobby and not the room IMO.
I believe he said “two shovels and a rake” sounded like two shev -les but I took it right away as shovels.

Last edited:
BBM
WOW @swedeheart A thousand thank yous for transcribing JP. I tried, had a terrible time with it, even wondered if JP might have had a drink or two, very unintelligible several times.

So BM left one piece of mail and a few brochures from Salida and a real estate company. How odd!

We can work on fitting these new puzzle pieces into a BM scenario while we wait for the AA to be released.Thank you again! MOO
EBM typos

At 27:00 listen close, JP says "Salida real estate company brochures things, balled up with it"

What's that about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member