Found Deceased TX - Samuel Olson, 5, Houston, 27 May 2021 *ARREST* Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Source: KTRK (ABC) - Houston, TX -- 6 p.m. CDT News on 6/8/21

The following was on TV .. . a few hi-lites.

Reporter: Mycah Hatfield

The autopsy report confirmed the body found in the Jasper motel room is that of Samuel Olson.

Manner of death: Homicidal violence with blunt head trauma.

Mycah Hatfield's words: This means Samuel Olson did not die a natural death. He was either struck on the head with something or hit his head on something.

She reached out to the Harris County District Attorney's Office (Houston, TX) and they said, "No comment."

She reached out to Dalton Olson and he said he is not ready to comment at this time.

She reached out to the attorney of Sarah Olson, Samuel Olson's mother, and her attorney has not responded to her yet. (This was as of 6 p.m. CDT)

Per Hatfield, there was a search warrant yesterday (6/7/21) on the storage unit where Samuel Olson's body was stored.

Steve Shellist, the Legal Analyst for KTRK (ABC) - Houston, TX commented.

No link to post at this time because this updated 6 pm CDT segment of KTRK's news has not been posted to their website yet as of 6:12 p.m. CDT.

The above info is not verbatim. It is provided by me as I took notes when this news segment was on TV.

Last edited:
Oh no, I found this much more detailed timeline report warning **disturbing**

Horrific new details in death of 5-year-old Houston boy

Samuel's father, D O, called police on Thursday, May 27, to report his son missing, just days before the child's 6th birthday. DO said Balboa had been babysitting for Samuel since April 30. That has also been confirmed as the last day that Samuel was in school.

Balboa claimed that at about 7:30 a.m. on May 27, Samuel's mother, SO, arrived at the home with another man and took the little boy without permission. Sarah, however, provided authorities surveillance video from her home to show she couldn't have taken the child.

While authorities and volunteers with Texas EquuSearch combed a field looking for signs of Samuel on Monday, authorities now believe the little boy had already been dead for weeks.

Balboa's roommate told police that it was about May 10 when Balboa called him to say Samuel was dead. He says he came home to the apartment in the 15600 block of the Gulf Freeway and found Samuel bruised, and unresponsive on the bed.

The male roommate further told police that he and Balboa put the boy's body in the bathtub and left him there for two days.

On May 13, he says he bought duct tape and a plastic box from a Walmart, and that he and Balboa wrapped up the child's body, placed it in the box and took it to a storage unit on Highway 3 in Webster.

No words here :(
How in the world can you get someone to go to Walmart and buy duct tape and a bin, to wrap a dead baby in? Who does that? :mad::(

Yeah, I think it’s weird they are advertising this unit already.
In California the law says you have to notify prospective renters if there’s been a death in the rental in the previous 3 years, they may not have that requirement in Texas but I think the neighbors are going to be talking about that unit for years to come.
I could NEVER use that bathtub. :(

"A note on the door shows Rivera's lease was up on the home."

Scroll down the article for pictures of the door and apartment:

Stepmom's neighbors heard 'scratching through wall' before boy's body found

View attachment 299951 View attachment 299952
About that 'scratching through the wall.'

Now that we hear there was blunt force trauma to the poor child's head, :(-----maybe they were scratching and scraping the wall, trying to clean off evidence of blood splatter.

Hi all - I think I found the autopsy case number to track Samuel’s presumed case at Harris County IFS:
OC21-026
I believe it is the correct case number because:
  • No name yet
  • Time of Death: currently listed as time his body was found in the motel 6/1/21 5:35 pm
  • NOK listed as “Parents”
  • Only nameless white male
  • *Interestingly* Place of death listed as residence in Webster, TX (not sure if that means that has been confirmed or just preliminary, but noteworthy to me)
  • Otherwise no updates of note yet (as expected) - just sharing for future tracking by my fellow sleuthers.
  • Here is link to case look up: Case Status
It is confirmed this was the correct case number. IFS has updated the case to state it is Samuel Olson and that COD is no longer pending.

MOD and COD have not yet been updated to what we have heard in news reports: homicide and blunt force trauma to the head.

Attachments

• 7CA539BD-CC5E-4233-9F2E-558B035A352F.jpeg
    7CA539BD-CC5E-4233-9F2E-558B035A352F.jpeg
    105.7 KB · Views: 40
About that 'scratching through the wall.'

Now that we hear there was blunt force trauma to the poor child's head, :(-----maybe they were scratching and scraping the wall, trying to clean off evidence of blood splatter.

Gah.

Can't.

You are probably right. Sand paper.

We need a "my heart can't take it" button.

JMO

Source: KTRK (ABC) - Houston, TX -- 6 p.m. CDT News on 6/8/21

The following was on TV .. . a few hi-lites.

Reporter: Mycah Hatfield

The autopsy report confirmed the body found in the Jasper motel room is that of Samuel Olson.

Manner of death: Homiciadal violence with blunt force trauma to the head.

Mycah Hatfield's words: This means Samuel Olson did not die a natural death. He was either struck on the head with something or hit his head on something.

She reached out to the Harris County District Attorney's Office (Houston, TX) and they said, "No comment."

She reached out to Dalton Olson and he said he is not ready to comment at this time.

She reached out to the attorney of Sarah Olson, Samuel Olson's mother, and her attorney has not responded to her yet. (This was as of 6 p.m. CDT)

Per Hatfield, there was a search warrant yesterday (6/7/21) on the storage unit where Samuel Olson's body was stored.

Steve Shellist, the Legal Analyst for KTRK (ABC) - Houston, TX commented.

No link to post at this time because this updated 6 pm CDT segment of KTRK's news has not been posted to their website yet as of 6:12 p.m. CDT.

The above info is not verbatim. It is provided by me as I took notes when this news segment was on TV.
thank you for transcribing for us. this is so heartbreaking :(

This is only my opinion - I feel the shade being thrown at bio mom was by TB as that was her made up story in an attempt to get away with what occurred. I feel the podcast is a retelling of the story as it unfolded in respect to what TB told TM, and what DO told TM.
I don’t feel TM or others on the Podcast ever cast shade at bio mom. I think DO may have while he was being duped by TB, and that was before the realization sunk in of what occurred and TB high tailed it out of town.
My opinion could move as facts unfold but this is where I lean at the moment.

After listening to the pod cast, especially TMs rendition of events. I agree, it was all on TB.

As many, at WS suspected, TM DID in fact call out TB, forcing her to flee. Shortly, DO claims TB had disappeared and TM goes straight to LE to let them know.
Moo....

Wow. Way to dodge the issue. I'm pretty sure the whole choking and hindering breathing court case stated who could NOT be around Sam,and Fam. Iirc. MOO

My hands have turned blue by sitting on them. I guess MSM is also sitting on theirs too and not covering the elephant in the room.

View attachment 299964 View attachment 299965 View attachment 299966 View attachment 299967 This is the Visual Likeness screenshots captured via virtual walk of the Floorplan of the 1b1b A
This is a perspective in regard to the size and interior of the apartment spoken about in MSM and AA
Link to source Gateway at Ellington Apartments - Webster, TX | Apartments.com

It appears the bathroom access is in the bedroom. WTH did they sleep? In the bedroom a few feet away from little SO? Absolutely vile people living in that space.

There are at least some apartment complexes in NC that require the names of everyone who will reside in the apartment. My nephew had to list his (now 6 yr old) son in both his first apartment, when the child was an infant, and his present one. I’m not sure about TX either but it might be a trend happening everywhere, like showing available apartment numbers.
I’ve always had to list every member of the household, regardless of age. This is important in case of a fire or some other disaster. The landlords can provide police a list of who should be in the house so they know who/how many people they’re looking for in an emergency.

I haven’t followed closely - what was the custody situation here?
You'd think that was a simple straight forward question, but it is convoluted and a big mess...and it helped get this poor child killed in the end...

lots of confusion and misinformation thrown around , even in early msm, so it is messy...

Essentially, from what I can figure, and from Mom's attorney---

Bio-mom had physical custody when they divorced and Dad had visitation...they split up when SO was about 2 or so, IIRC...

But Dad and ex had an altercation and Dad ran off with the kid, and hid him from mom for the past year and a half...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname