GUILTY OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #62

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dudly said:
Weren’t there some Motions dropped by the Defense at the last GWIV hearing?

Maybe it was at JW’s confessional that some were dropped.
I’ve had shoulder surgery and am in rehab so it is hard to look for things on the internet...

@Cool Cats - seems to know about everything on this case - what do you say CC? :)
It's the motions I posted - #675 above.

Maybe it was at JW’s confessional that some were dropped.
I’ve had shoulder surgery and am in rehab so it is hard to look for things on the internet...
Hope your doing better, they say even blinking your eyes can cause pain during shoulder surgery recovery.

@Cool Cats - seems to know about everything on this case - what do you say CC? :)
It's the motions I posted - #675 above.

Here is what was said about the Motions at George's last Hearing April 28th

Judge Deering
Motions Scheduled for today 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68 and ex parte funding for expert witness will not be proceeding with these Hearings today. It's the Courts understanding at conference we had a moment ago with attorneys involved we'll not be proceeding with these Hearings today. Today we will have however a pre trial set in the Case and perhaps a Hearing on Motions as well on June 21st 2021 1:30pm. Is that your understanding what we are doing today and on the 21st of June?

Nash
That is correct your Honor and also in regards to Motion number 64 we have transcripts, been provided with transcripts here today..

Judge Deering

64 will be withdrawn then?

Nash
Yes.

Judge Deering:
Is there anything further you want to say concerning your Motions today?

Parker (George's new attorney the other attorney retired)
No Judge I don't think so I think everybody has agreed that given recent events everybody needs to step back and reasses so will ask to put those on the shelf so to speak for the moment.

Judge Deering:
On behalf of the State Miss Canepa, Mr. Junk, Mr. Wilson is that your understanding of what we are doing today? Pass (by) these Motions and considering one or more of them on June 21st along with the pre trial?

Canepa:
Yes your Honor and they did mention we are providing them with Discovery and we are filing a notice of the Discovery and just itemizing just exactly what has been provided today and noted what has been itemized, additionally we will be giving them more Discovery within the next 30 days regarding the recent developments in the Case.

George (Short 7:52) Hearing April 28th

Last edited:
It's been awhile since he was in court - so I will shorten this up a bit after I post it.

Monday, June 21st:
*Motions Hearing (@ 1:30pm ET) - OH - Pike County 8 people dead: Christopher Rhoden, Sr. (40), his ex-wife, Dana Manley Rhoden (37), their three children, Clarence "Frankie" Rhoden (20), Christopher Jr. (16), Hanna Mae (19); Frankie's fiancée, Hannah Hazel Gilley (20), Christopher Rhoden Sr.'s brother, Kenneth Rhoden (44), & a cousin, Gary Rhoden (37). Hanna Rhoden's baby girl (5 days old), another baby (6 mos.) and a young child (3) were unharmed. (April 21-22, 2016, Pebbles) – for *George Washington Wagner IV (27/now 29) (Jakes’ bro) indicted (11/12/18), arrested (11/13/18) , charged (11/15/18) & arraigned (11/28/18) with 8 counts aggravated murder, (plus gun specifications on each), 1 count of 1st degree conspiracy, 4 counts of 1st degree aggravated burglary, 1 count of 5th degree unlawful possession of dangerous ordnance, 3 counts of 3rd degree evidence tampering, 1 count of 5th degree forgery, 1 count of 5th degree unauthorized use of computer or telecommunications, 1 count of 4th degree interception of wire, oral or electronic communication, 1 count of 5th degree obstructing justice, 1 count of 1st degree engaging in a pattern of corrupt activity. (Det. Scheiderer: We know the three calibers of firearms that were used to commit these murders. a 22 caliber long rifle, a 40 caliber, and a 30 caliber). Plead not guilty. Held without bond. DA will seek the DP. Per Jake’s plea agreement, DP is off the table.
Crime info & court hearings from 11/28/18 thru 10/1/20 reference post #620 here:
GUILTY - OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #61

1/22/21: Motion #61: Motion in Limine to exclude photos of weapons, shell casings & related items. Motion #62: Motion to revoke D. Andrew Wilson's appointment of special prosecuting attorney. Motion #63: Motion to require the government to reveal any agreement, conditional or otherwise, with any prosecution witness including LE officers that could influence his or her testimony. Motion #64: Motion to compel the production of transcripts of audio recordings the State intends to use at the trial. Motion #65: Motion to compel the production of "other acts" evidence pursuant to Evid.R.404(B).
2/19/21: Motion #66 to set pretrial hearing filed by Richard M. Nash, Jr. 2/22/21: Notice of intent to use other acts evidence pursuant to 404(B) filed. (Other acts evidence is evidence that on some other occasion the defendant, or a witness, behaved in a way that demonstrates his character.
3/25/21 Update: Motion #67: Defendant's motion to exclude evidence (Discovery violation) filed by John P. Parker. Motion #68: Defendant's motion to dispose critical witness pursuant to Crim. R. 15 filed by John P. Parker. Next motion hearing (on bolded above) on 4/28/21.
4/28/21 Update: Motion #64 was withdrawn by defense. Will not be proceeding with motions today given recent events. Canepa said within 30 days they will give the defense the information from the recent developments. Defense did get transcripts of more evidence (State's Supplemental Discovery). See post 660 here: GUILTY - OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #61 State’s supplement discovery filed. Hearing rescheduled as pretrial hearing on 6/21/21.
6/8/21: Motion #69: Defendant's motion for supplementary discovery filed. Defendant seeks an order from the Court setting a deadline for the prosecution to provide recorded interviews of Jake Wagner, including warrants & affidavits along with inventory receipts & photos or videos of evidence collection, as well as all expert reports. Motion #70: Defendant's motion to set a trial date filed. 6/8/21: Subpoena issued to Gregory Myers (Jake's attorney). 6/8/21: GW4 attorneys want Gregory Myers to provide them with all mental health records, reports or diagnosis on evaluations & all medical records (in their possession) which have been provided to the prosecutor or prepared for mitigation in regard to Jake Wagner. Records can be provided to counsel in lieu of appearing. Filed by Richard Nash. Also motion hearing on 6/21/21.
6/16/21: Co-defendant Edward Wagner's Motion to Quash subpoenas filed by Gregory Meyers. To be quashed because the subpoenas target material protected by the attorney-work-product doctrine.
*Edward Jacob “Jake” Wagner (26/now 28) – Plead guilty (4/22/21) to all charges. No sentencing date set as of 6/21/21.
*George Washington Wagner III (47/now 49)Evidentiary hearing on 4/5/21. No update as of 6/21/21.
*Angela Jo Wagner (48/now 50) – Pretrial Motions hearing 6/24/20. No update as of 6/21/21.
*Rita Jo Newcomb (65/now 68) – Last Motions hearing on 12/2/19 entered a plea of guilty. Expected to testify in the trials. No update as of 6/21/21.
*Fredericka Carol Wagner (76/now 78) – 6/26/19 Charges were dismissed without prejudice.

All my opinion!

AW, wants to call FW, please send me some commissary, money. I did not sell the family out Jake did.

JW, hair is now cut, in the latest mug shot. I am sure he doesn't want to enter prison, with the long hair. I am sure he will have a new understanding, to what physical abuse is all about.

No matter how bad, anyone thanks, they are their is always some one a little tougher.

All three Wagner men will never be housed at the same prison.

I would not be surprised, if JW, is not sent to the reception center. With him, pleading it might be a better way to keep him safe, till he testifies.

What is the Reception Center, please?

What is the Reception Center, please?

Correctional Reception Center
London , Ohio This is separate from the London prison.

They send all new inmates. To get them ready for their new life. I think they get medical, checked and see were they need to be placed. Kind of a transitional period.

They usually transfer them in the middle of the night. And Family members do not know when this happens. They take the clothes on their backs, and nothing else.
All personal items, they collected while in county jails are left for family member to pick up.

With all the electronic devises, I am sure someone would have a tracker in something, to know the movements. This is not just for the Wagner's, but all incoming prisoners.

35 PHOTOS - PHOTO GALLERY FROM COURTROOM, APRIL 22, 2021,
JAKE PLEADS GUILTY TO 23 CHARGES.

Pike County murders: Jake Wagner pleads guilty in Ohio family massacre

The agreed-upon sentence, which will be handed down later, will be eight consecutive life terms without parole, plus more than 100 years for the sentences on all other charges.

Since the family was taken into custody, investigators and prosecutors have painted a picture of a clannish family, one so insular and loyal to one another they threatened every outsider who infiltrated the circle.
This isn't a direct reply to you CC, but I wanted to highlight a quote from the MSM article you cited above. The article is by Holly Zachariah.

This is in regard to my earlier posts about JW's demeanor when he said he was guilty of HR's murder and whether he was grimacing or smiling:

BBM:
"Then, holding back tears, Wagner admitted to the eighth murder of Hanna Mea Rhoden, the mother of his young daughter."

Granted, HR's middle name is misspelled in this quote, but I personally feel this reporter has done a good job of following this case, attending the various hearings and reporting what is going on to us.

This is the third MSM source I've provided stating that JW was not smiling in court when he said he was guilty of HR's murder. IMO

Pike County murders: Jake Wagner pleads guilty in Ohio family massacre

Pike County massacre: Oldest Wagner son returns to court Monday

"George Wagner IV is set to appear for a pretrial hearing at 1:30 p.m. in Pike County Common Pleas Court.

Judge Randy Deering also is expected to rule on a subpoena related to medical records from Wagner’s lawyer to attorneys representing his younger brother, Edward “Jake” Wagner." BBM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny