Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #56

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched the Sky News Stefanovic interviews last night and what struck me was not what was implicitly included but what was deliberately not included.

My heart breaks for William's biological mother and father. His mother was included in last night's show.

What was not included was any direct interview by Stefanovic with either of William's foster carers. What was included were voice snips if the female foster career's 00o call when she stated to the 000 responder questioning there were no strangers or cars around on the fateful morning including written transcript of relevant parts of her 000 call.

I have followed this case since 2014 and watched many interviews and this was the 1st time either of the carers were not personally included.

In the lead-up to the Stefanovic interview release a NSW police document was used that referred to someone as MFC and I understand that to be male foster carer who appears not to have obeyed police instructions on the day of William's disappearance.

The above referred to document was used twice in the pre release. I will attempt to attach a copy I photographed direct from my TV at time when the pre release was televised by Sky.

It strikes me the pre release and whole Stefanovic interview released last night was full of pointed subliminal messages.

Xanthe Mallet's interview snips were interesting too. She and Stefanovic at the MacDonalds where she gave her opinion regarding the carer visit with William and his sister at MacDonalds on way to Kendall on 11/9/2014 was the last proof William was alive. Former DCI Jubelin stated his belief that William was no longer alive.

The interview snips between former detective Jubelin were very interesting as he revealed his opinion regarding who he had at times considered suspects and what strategies he had chosen to implement.

Current head investigator DCI Laidlaw stated that EVERYONE is considered a current suspect until PROVEN not to have been involved.

Former DCI Jubelin appears to have softened his highly honed former strategy stance as well.

To me the Sky News Stefanovic interviews said so much more from unspoken words than ever before spoken words.

Something has changed.

Edit to add the attached document is as it was televised, no words taken out or added by myself.

Attachments

• 20210719_094911.jpg
    20210719_094911.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 65
I watched the Sky News Stefanovic interviews last night and what struck me was not what was implicitly included but what was deliberately not included.

My heart breaks for William's biological mother and father. His mother was included in last night's show.

What was not included was any direct interview by Stefanovic with either of William's foster carers. What was included were voice snips if the female foster career's 00o call when she stated to the 000 responder questioning there were no strangers or cars around on the fateful morning including written transcript of relevant parts of her 000 call.

I have followed this case since 2014 and watched many interviews and this was the 1st time either of the carers were not personally included.

In the lead-up to the Stefanovic interview release a NSW police document was used that referred to someone as MFC and I understand that to be male foster carer who appears not to have obeyed police instructions on the day of William's disappearance.

The above referred to document was used twice in the pre release. I will attempt to attach a copy I photographed direct from my TV at time when the pre release was televised by Sky.

It strikes me the pre release and whole Stefanovic interview released last night was full of pointed subliminal messages.

Xanthe Mallet's interview snips were interesting too. She and Stefanovic at the MacDonalds where she gave her opinion regarding the carer visit with William and his sister at MacDonalds on way to Kendall on 11/9/2014 was the last proof William was alive. Former DCI Jubelin stated his belief that William was no longer alive.

The interview snips between former detective Jubelin were very interesting as he revealed his opinion regarding who he had at times considered suspects and what strategies he had chosen to implement.

Current head investigator DCI Laidlaw stated that EVERYONE is considered a current suspect until PROVEN not to have been involved.

Former DCI Jubelin appears to have softened his highly honed former strategy stance as well.

To me the Sky News Stefanovic interviews said so much more from unspoken words than ever before spoken words.

Something has changed.

Edit to add the attached document is as it was televised, no words taken out or added by myself.

What has changed is that it is a Sky News publication. Will say no more, other than to say that I hope all Aussies are aware of the slant of some media. In all aspects.

I was a little concerned when I saw a top ranking police officer speaking on Sky News (only) at one recent point, also, in the Melissa Caddick case.

Is Sky News shifting Australian politics to the right? Not yet, but there is cause for alarm
Is Sky News becoming Fox News with their jump to the right?
Kevin Rudd says Sky News is using Fox model to radicalise politics in Australia

Last edited:

Something has changed.

Thanks for your account of the program (which I wasn't able to watch) and for the shot of the document. Welcome along. Expect to meet disagreement.

What has changed is that it is a Sky News publication. Will say no more, other than to say that I hope all Aussies are aware of the slant of some media. In all aspects.

I was a little concerned when I saw a top ranking police officer speaking on Sky News (only) at one recent point, also, in the Melissa Caddick case.

Is Sky News shifting Australian politics to the right? Not yet, but there is cause for alarm
Is Sky News becoming Fox News with their jump to the right?
Kevin Rudd says Sky News is using Fox model to radicalise politics in Australia

I will not get involved in discussion regarding media except to say it is refreshing to see Sky News refreshing involvement.

Something has changed.

Thank you for a brief description of the program and welcome to Websleuths. I did not see the program, however I did see a couple of articles from the Daily Telegraph which came out in conjunction with the program, wherein I also noticed the complete absence of any mention of the foster carers, which I thought was definitely different. I was thinking perhaps they had declined to be involved or participate, however I find that normally the show will state that 'x and x so-and-so chose not to participate', or some such thing.

When you say that GJ appears to have softened his 'highly honed former strategy stance', what are you meaning by that? Thank you.

“I’d be pretty stupid given the way it’s played out to say I don’t have regrets, yes, I wish I didn’t record the conversations, but at the time, based on the information I had available to me, I thought it was the appropriate course of action,” he told Sky News.

“I regret any impact it’s had on the Tyrrell investigation and that should be the main focus.

“I don’t think we as a society should accept that a three-year-old child could disappear on a quiet street in a rural town and not find out what happened to him.”

“It frustrates me, but my frustration pales in comparison to the family’s knowing that there are issues in an investigation where information is not passed on,” he said.

‘It would be stupid to say I don’t have regrets’: Former William Tyrrell detective

“I’d be pretty stupid given the way it’s played out to say I don’t have regrets, yes, I wish I didn’t record the conversations, but at the time, based on the information I had available to me, I thought it was the appropriate course of action,” he told Sky News.

“I regret any impact it’s had on the Tyrrell investigation and that should be the main focus.

“I don’t think we as a society should accept that a three-year-old child could disappear on a quiet street in a rural town and not find out what happened to him.”

“It frustrates me, but my frustration pales in comparison to the family’s knowing that there are issues in an investigation where information is not passed on,” he said.

‘It would be stupid to say I don’t have regrets’: Former William Tyrrell detective

Imo if William had gone missing in the leafy Sydney suburban street where he lived there would have been more of a chance to track his whereabouts and the comings and goings of vehicles.
The quiet street in a rural town was his downfall.
Backing onto bush with access roads and no cctv cameras was the one reason he has dissappeared with no trace.

Something has changed.

BBM

What has changed?? Seems like just the same same to me really . Nothing new. No mention of when the coronial findings will be handed down??

What more did these "unspoken words" say ??

Welcome to websleuths :)

Thank you for a brief description of the program and welcome to Websleuths. I did not see the program, however I did see a couple of articles from the Daily Telegraph which came out in conjunction with the program, wherein I also noticed the complete absence of any mention of the foster carers, which I thought was definitely different. I was thinking perhaps they had declined to be involved or participate, however I find that normally the show will state that 'x and x so-and-so chose not to participate', or some such thing.

When you say that GJ appears to have softened his 'highly honed former strategy stance', what are you meaning by that? Thank you.

Former DCI Gary Jubelin explained where the William Spedding investigation was at when he took over the Rosann Taskforce. Saying that he did not know how the wide press publicity had taken off re Spedding prior to his - Jubelin's Rosann involvement.

Given Spedding had visited 48 Benaroon Drive prior to William's disappearance I consider the foster carers may have been responsible due to their subsequent extensive use of media thru a marketing company.

The Sky footage included airing some of Jubelin's interrogation I terview with Paul Savage re when Savage vehemently denied Jubelin's assertion when he said he discovered the planted spiderman suit.

Also aired was the phone call between Jubelin and Savage discussing same matter.

Jubelin discussed his strategy re the foster carers they were his persons of interest. How he would watch them carefully when he had discussion with them. How he employed specific strategies re the foster carers to ascertain their reactions. He did not say anything that they were not currently persons of interest.

Makes me consider his previous statements regarding foster carers non involvement was a major part of his strategy.

He did say biological parents were proven to be in Sydney at time of William's disappearance.

A couple of photos of William on back deck captured from different angles were also aired.

Heartbreaking to see his little sandles placed on the back door mat.

Sky used a child of William's age group to re-enact William's run around the areas of yard where it was said William was playing. This child was in bare feet. The female foster carer had stated William had worn sandles immediately prior to his disappearance whilst he played on lawn areas.

Heartbroken for William's biological mother and father. Only his mother was interviewed.

BBM

What has changed?? Seems like just the same same to me really . Nothing new. No mention of when the coronial findings will be handed down??

What more did these "unspoken words" say ??

Welcome to websleuths :)

The significant new information released in lead up re male foster carer disobeying police orders after being discovered up the fire trail at end of Benaroon. I do not believe the make foster carer ever mentioned in the videos police interview released by the coroner that he had been up the fire trail. Neither was this raised during his colonial inquiry testimony.

Makes me consider this snippet was discovered by fresh eyes investigators as the doc is dated 2020.

There has to be a strategy behind the release of this official NSW Police Rosann Taskforce document in the lead up to last night's program.

There was heaps of subliminal messages last night.

Jubelin discussed his strategy re the foster carers they were his persons of interest. How he would watch them carefully when he had discussion with them. How he employed specific strategies re the foster carers to ascertain their reactions. He did not say anything that they were not currently persons of interest.

Makes me consider his previous statements regarding foster carers non involvement was a major part of his strategy.
My understanding is that Jubelin employed the strategies and then formed an opinion of the foster carers' non-involvement. I believe that opinion was not shared by some other police people. Some years into the investigation he was pressured to put a scenario to, I think, MFC, in which William was killed in a car accident which the foster family covered up.

IMO the foster family’s focus would be on the Inquest Findings, not on appearing on this type of programme. They participated extensively in a podcast and have given various lengthy statements to the media, perhaps they feel that they’ve said all they can for now?

The interview with Laidlaw didn’t amount to much, despite the Sky headlines…he & the strike force have theories but can’t prove anything conclusively is what I took away from it. We've heard similar before, Jubelin had theories but not the concrete proof he needed to take it further.

The programme wasn’t a 'special investigation' as it was advertised, it was very basic and certainly wasn’t a deep dive into the case. It summarised William’s disappearance and gave the case some more publicity, that’s about it IMO.

There was a significant error in it also - foster mum and nan were not inside when William disappeared. This info is easy enough to check using the facts from the inquest, a little lazy on the part of the producers.

You can prob tell I didn't think much of this doco :)

The significant new information released in lead up re male foster carer disobeying police orders after being discovered up the fire trail at end of Benaroon. I do not believe the make foster carer ever mentioned in the videos police interview released by the coroner that he had been up the fire trail. Neither was this raised during his colonial inquiry testimony.

Makes me consider this snippet was discovered by fresh eyes investigators as the doc is dated 2020.

There has to be a strategy behind the release of this official NSW Police Rosann Taskforce document in the lead up to last night's program.

There was heaps of subliminal messages last night.
mosae,
Just re the info about MFC on the fire trail: a document about that was released by the Coroner last year (2020), along with some other documents about other people: Extraordinary unseen evidence from William Tyrrell's disappearance is released - including new photos and transcripts of a key person of interest's phone conversations, Daily Mail Australia, 07 July 2020

It's just not new information, that's all I'm saying, and I hope that if it had been significant the coroner might have looked into it before concluding the inquest.

mosae,
Just re the info about MFC on the fire trail: a document about that was released by the Coroner last year (2020), along with some other documents about other people: Extraordinary unseen evidence from William Tyrrell's disappearance is released - including new photos and transcripts of a key person of interest's phone conversations, Daily Mail Australia, 07 July 2020

It's just not new information, that's all I'm saying, and I hope that if it had been significant the coroner might have looked into it before concluding the inquest.
New to me as far as I remember.

'Advice' is different from 'instruction' I think, or am I over-discriminating seeing it was written by a police officer?

New to me as far as I remember.

'Advice' is different from 'instruction' I think, or am I over-discriminating seeing it was written by a police officer?
JLZ, I don't know the legal difference between "advice" and "instruction", no.
mosae's screen capture says "advice"; I haven't seen anything mentioning an instruction.

JLZ, I don't know the legal difference between "advice" and "instruction", no.
mosae's screen capture says "advice"; I haven't seen anything mentioning an instruction.
Well, if they said firmly, "Don't go there", that would be an instruction. Whereas, "If you hang around the house you'll be on the spot when anyone needs you", "It'll be better if you stay in sight in case someone gets the wrong idea", those are more like advice.

After all it's understandable that he needed to search, couldn't keep still.

Something has changed.

Thanks so much for this ….

Very interesting that the Mc Donald’s CCTV is now being discussed as the last proof of life …. And not the photos taken by FFC at the FGM’s house?
Are you able to elaborate any more on the thoughts of Xanthie M for those of us who couldn’t watch it please??

DBM double post

ADMIN NOTE:

There are 2 sets of parents in this case .. the bio parents and the foster parents. In keeping with Websleuths victim friendly policy, they are off limits. Members are not allowed to disparage them, cast aspersions, make insinuations, or make direct or indirect accusations about them.

If Websleuths position in that regard changes in the future, members will be notified on the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member