UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, Chef, York University, 18 March 2009 #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was there ever a finger tip search along the melrosegate bridge area?

There was according to Galloway in the link i posted before. Det Supt Galloway said the man and the woman were seen on the left-hand side of Melrosegate bridge by a cyclist who was riding over the bridge in the direction of Heworth. Police carried out a fingertip search of the area on Thursday.

Hi everyone I am new to here . I have no connection with Claudia but as with millions of others know about the case from publicity throughout the last 12 years. By chance last week I started reading into her disappearance so so sad and so many different themes many of which which seem even now to remain unanswered clearly .
I would be very motivated to share thoughts and discussions with likeminded friendly people here to see how we get on slowly reaching our conclusion. It is just such a bizarre and upsetting case a desperate shame her father recently passed away . So many questions and possibilities remain .

Following on from my introduction message I have many questions I am hoping some here may know more about some of these are below please....
I have read a year before she disappeared a DVD was found in a car effectively a sex tape of her having group sex with 10 men does anyone know if any truth in this? I also read that an ex boyfriend said that on an holiday then went on to Cuba they met a large group.of 15 men from near Manchester and once home Claudia would visit them alone . One of the group in an interview confirmed this to be correct and even added some of these guys would visit Claudia at weekends . It seems odd to me that her boyfriend was ok about this even encouraging this I am assuming to be candid she was meeting them for group 'liasons' any info on this ?
I am not in any way judging her character negatively we all probably done countless things any time of life we wouldn't want parents or other friends to know about after all . I have many other questions and keen to get on with others contact me by reply or private message thanks Crander

Welcome Crander
Following on from my introduction message I have many questions I am hoping some here may know more about some of these are below please....
I have read a year before she disappeared a DVD was found in a car effectively a sex tape of her having group sex with 10 men does anyone know if any truth in this? I also read that an ex boyfriend said that on an holiday then went on to Cuba they met a large group.of 15 men from near Manchester and once home Claudia would visit them alone . One of the group in an interview confirmed this to be correct and even added some of these guys would visit Claudia at weekends . It seems odd to me that her boyfriend was ok about this even encouraging this I am assuming to be candid she was meeting them for group 'liasons' any info on this ?
I am not in any way judging her character negatively we all probably done countless things any time of life we wouldn't want parents or other friends to know about after all . I have many other questions and keen to get on with others contact me by reply or private message thanks Crander
do you have any links to where you read this information and its context? and the Cuba connection - can you explain how you would connect it to Claudias disappearance?

If anyone is interested it would be great to share knowledge and thoughts as a lot of info and rumours I have read seem to be very disjointed from different sources at different times . I would suggest to co ordinate it would be to discuss each person then sightings etc time consuming but if anyone up for this for a few weeks or months with me gradually let me know perhaps see if we can chat here message exchange at a time we can both be here?. As I mentioned earlier was very sad to see her father passed away lets at least hope in memory for this horrible cruel case to be solved

Hi blonderabbit I haven't got the links at hand I have read so many articles over the last week . I recall now men met in Cuba holiday were from hale near Manchester.one of them have an interview to a paper As for sex group dvd I read this on another forum...so the Cuba holiday and meeting men was also apparently substantiated apparently but the sex dvd I have no idea if true

Finding 'Grace': Murder, DNA and ancestry
this is interesting .
We know the police did a familiar dna check at some point re Claudia but did they use ancestral dna websites?
Hmmm
No and this is something I find very Interesting. After I received my results, I realised the potential of using familiar dna to narrow down a suspect. This must be used in the u.k. also x

I agree about management of case information.
What's released publicly how and when its released ie via newspapers or tv and the content is micro managed by law enforcement.

Can I ask would you still have viewed her disappearance in the same way if you had read an article in the newspaper saying Claudia who failed to show up for work on the 19th had been visiting the Acomb area alongside an article in the same newspaper about a man from Aycliffe who was supposed to be working in Leeds also went missing on the 19th - traces on his mobile and cash card suggested he could have been in the Acomb area of York?
( he was later found and reunited with his family)

Im not suggesting he was responsible in any way for Claudias disappearance .. I use the story to highlight 2 different stories of 2 different people disappearing in the same area on the same day and the timing the reporting of them and how the public may respond to them.

It will be interesting in the future if it comes to light that Claudia was in Acomb sometime on Weds 18th/ Thurs 19th.
Claudia would spend many evenings at her male friends homes in Acomb. I wonder if this was the case on Wednesday evening. A friend mentioned how the small group of wives were annoyed as plonked herself in their homes and would sit there all night and would be discussing Claudia often at bingo x

Claudia would spend many evenings at her male friends homes in Acomb. I wonder if this was the case on Wednesday evening. A friend mentioned how the small group of wives were annoyed as plonked herself in their homes and would sit there all night and would be discussing Claudia often at bingo x

Yes @Vixey I have read of this. But police would have interviewed her friends and their wives/partners and ascertained the dates of those visits. But police must have had mobile data that put her in Acomb on dates that they could not match up with visits to friends, hence the appeal for taxi drivers to come forward if they had taken Claudia to the Acomb area in the weeks leading up to her disappearance.

I read in the week before two men thought to be Asian were seen at her front door week day she didn't answer possibly at work they apparently only went to her house and after not getting an answer at door looked up at bedroom window . A seperate occasion again week before missing someone saw a man walk down her road on his phone laughing went to her door after looking as though he was trying to find it implying never been before she answered and led him in by his hand anyone more info on these ?

Yes @Vixey I have read of this. But police would have interviewed her friends and their wives/partners and ascertained the dates of those visits. But police must have had mobile data that put her in Acomb on dates that they could not match up with visits to friends, hence the appeal for taxi drivers to come forward if they had taken Claudia to the Acomb area in the weeks leading up to her disappearance.
I wonder if the appeal was directed towards the taxi drivers and rank used by the landlord of the Acomb xClaudia Lawrence missing: Pub landlord denies murdering chef

Attachments

• 360955CE-7148-4B89-A361-07C169493DFB.jpeg
    360955CE-7148-4B89-A361-07C169493DFB.jpeg
    100 KB · Views: 28
Her favourite song being Your Song by Elton John which is a love tribute song .It suggests she possibly never got over a relationship and missed someone . To counteract her sense of loss could explain her then 'many' men without committing if she didn't want to risk emotional attachment for a while

I wonder if the appeal was directed towards the taxi drivers and rank used by the landlord of the Acomb xClaudia Lawrence missing: Pub landlord denies murdering chef

The Acomb was another pub with a previous reputation for the type of clientele it attracted. This 2006 article says that 60% of the clientele had been barred because of all the trouble and cctv cameras had been installed throughout the pub.
Perhaps the cctv yielded some detail of who visited the pub in the weeks leading up to CL's disappearance. Thats if it was active!
Fortunes change at landmark pub

Landlord angry over Claudia arrest

From Wiki:-
In July 2014 NYP arrested Paul Harris, the landlord of The Acomb pub (since renamed as The Clockhouse pub) in York on suspicion of perverting the course of justice. Harris was quickly released without charge. ... Other arrests were made later. But those concerned were all released and none were charged.
Disappearance of Claudia Lawrence - Wikipedia

Ray Galloway described the case as complex.
Unravelling the complexity is undoubtedly a master class in investigating... Other than Claudia what could be the link between them all ... for me thats the key

If anyone is interested it would be great to share knowledge and thoughts as a lot of info and rumours I have read seem to be very disjointed from different sources at different times . I would suggest to co ordinate it would be to discuss each person then sightings etc time consuming but if anyone up for this for a few weeks or months with me gradually let me know perhaps see if we can chat here message exchange at a time we can both be here?. As I mentioned earlier was very sad to see her father passed away lets at least hope in memory for this horrible cruel case to be solved
Welcome Crander,
If you go to page 1 in the thread you will find a link to the Media Thread. It's a good idea to read this and it will get you up to speed with the facts. Some of the questions you are asking is salacious gossip and although it may be true no one has been able to verify it. We all have our opinions and that is fine as long as we state them as such. There are many knowledgeable people on this thread and you will learn a lot.

From everything I have read online CL was a genuinely lovely person actually very quiet smiley quite shy until someone knew her or she had a few drinks and even then her manner just childlike never rude or aggressive . This is someone who apparently got up at 4am yes 4am to get ready for work who was never late conscientious always paid her bills. I suspect that world's away from.being this nasty manager portrayed she was actually just lonely . It is possible to have great family many friends and still be lonely . In reality the chance of her still being alive is extremely low I think we all know that but what gives me hope is knowing so many people both who knew her and like us who never knew her after 12 years still care and one day she will be found and at least laid to rest.

I read in the week before two men thought to be Asian were seen at her front door week day she didn't answer possibly at work they apparently only went to her house and after not getting an answer at door looked up at bedroom window . A seperate occasion again week before missing someone saw a man walk down her road on his phone laughing went to her door after looking as though he was trying to find it implying never been before she answered and led him in by his hand anyone more info on these ?

The NYP website gives a very good discription of the male who was on his mobile and who she appeared suprised to see at her door.
Appeal for man with rucksack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member