Open Letter to the Maddie Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't have to trust the universe exactly, you have to trust people like me who are watching them every minute. I cannot even begin to tell you the amount of emphasis given to security at the school where I work and the schools my daughters attend. I don't know how it is in your neck of the woods, but in ours, it is a huge, huge part of our jobs here to keep the children safe. If we have to choose between the academic objective and a safety one we choose safety.

I am sure the teachers down under feel exactly the same way.

We do- and teachers here work the same way.

My point is, sometimes our kids are out of our sight, and in these sometimes [tragic] accidents can and do happen.
The Mc's only crime at this stage is leaving their kids alone.

Well, it must be a nice feeling being a perfect parent- god knows I can't state that claim, mine doesnt come into the shower or toilet with me.

My point was at this stage all the Mc's are guilty of is leaving their kids unattended, posters here (and I'm not directing this comment at you Colomon, but to everyone here) have condemned these people and are accusing them of killing their daughter based solely on the fact they left their kids alone.

Colomom did not state she was a perfect mother, and neither have any other posters. We have not comdemned the McCanns solely for leaving their children alone, read the whole thread and you will see the inconsistencies and lies told, and then tell me there is not absolutely one bit of doubt in your mind that the parents could be guilty for more than just leaving their children.
We are not stating a fact saying they are guilty we are stating our opinion.

We do- and teachers here work the same way.

My point is, sometimes our kids are out of our sight, and in these sometimes [tragic] accidents can and do happen.
The Mc's only crime at this stage is leaving their kids alone.

Kids cannot be watched 24/7, we know that but when we should be we do, I can honestly say my children when little were never left alone, and they did follow me to the bathroom, or were too little and in a safe place in ear and eye shot when I went to the bathroom, I would make sure my hubby was home before I had a shower. The McCanns left their children alone knowingly, that is a crime and they put their children in Danger.

posters here ... have condemned these people and are accusing them of killing their daughter based solely on the fact they left their kids alone.

That's just not true at all. There are lots of reasons to look closely at the McCanns and question their involvement in Maddie's disappearance -- it's hardly just because they left the children alone.

Does that make one question their fitness as parents? Absolutely. Is it a reason to accuse someone of murder? No. Their other actions (detailed at length in this forum for anyone who cares to look) have caused that.

Well, it must be a nice feeling being a perfect parent- god knows I can't state that claim, mine doesnt come into the shower or toilet with me.

My point was at this stage all the Mc's are guilty of is leaving their kids unattended, posters here (and I'm not directing this comment at you Colomon, but to everyone here) have condemned these people and are accusing them of killing their daughter based solely on the fact they left their kids alone.

None of us are perfect parents. But consider Maddie.

Why would you rather she be the victim of an abuction with the fear, pain and terror involved, waiting for her parents to come to her, rather a single moment in time where an accident occured and she never knew what hit her ?

At this point no one knows the truth , you are more concered with her parents feelings rather than those of Maddie. Why is that???

None of us are perfect parents. But consider Maddie.

Why would you rather she be the victim of an abuction with the fear, pain and terror involved, waiting for her parents to come to her, rather a single moment in time where an accident occured and she never knew what hit her ?

At this point no one knows the truth , you are more concered with her parents feelings rather than those of Maddie. Why is that???

This is just an outrageous statement.
Many of us feel that there is just no conclusive evidence that these parents did anything more than leave their children alone.
That does not mean that we are not as concerned about what happened to Maddie.
In fact, we would like ALL OPTIONS to be persued .

Many of us feel that there is just no conclusive evidence that these parents did anything more than leave their children alone.

I agree with this post 100%, csds. :clap:

~~~~~~~~~~

As an aside, I really feel that the McCann's leaving the children has truly colored people's opinions of them, the folks that think they're guilty, especially. That's how it looks to me, anyway.

Outrageous??? I think not.....

I would much rather think that Madeleine (if no longer with us) suffered less than if she had been abducted by a pedophile ring (the thoughts haunt me)....

Seems like a totally logical conclusion to me....

Sooo... you're saying you'd rather the parents are guilty because Madeleine may have suffered less?

Outrageous??? I think not.....

I would much rather think that Madeleine (if no longer with us) suffered less than if she had been abducted by a pedophile ring (the thoughts haunt me)....

Seems like a totally logical conclusion to me....

What is illogical is to say that just because some of us have not been convinced it's the parents then we would rather it be a group of pedophiles. Gimme a break.

Sooo... you're saying you'd rather the parents are guilty because Madeleine may have suffered less?
I dont think anyone wants the parents guilty, we all wish this had never happened at all, whatever has happened. But it has and we are just discussing what could have happened, we all want the best for Madelaine, but it truly looks as if that is not going to be the case.

I dont think anyone wants the parents guilty, we all wish this had never happened at all, whatever has happened. But it has and we are just discussing what could have happened, we all want the best for Madelaine, but it truly looks as if that is not going to be the case.

Oh I know that, Shazz. We were remarking on a remark. :D

What do we want/wish? That the McCanns had an a nice, uneventful vacation & that none of us would have heard of them (& that they'd return to the normal family life that should have been theirs).

Oh I know that, Shazz. We were remarking on a remark. :D
Its the sentimentality coming out of me Irishmist, it just seems that some posters are accusing others of bashing the McCanns when they are only stating an opinion. I know not everyone thinks the same, I just wish it would all run smoothly, but in a case like this, the unexpected does and will happen, and there is going to be disagreement.

Its the sentimentality coming out of me Irishmist, it just seems that some posters are accusing others of bashing the McCanns when they are only stating an opinion. I know not everyone thinks the same, I just wish it would all run smoothly, but in a case like this, the unexpected does and will happen, and there is going to be disagreement.

Hi Shazz

The problem I have with some of the posts about the McCanns is that it goes beyond what the facts are. Right now, this moment in time, the only fact we have is that they were neglectful. Everything else is speculation.
I agree that speculation is fine in order to come to the truth, but the way some posts are worded it goes beyond fact finding and straight to bashing.
Until we have something concrete they are still victims in my eyes.

Hell yes!!!! Death by a parent in an accidental manner (which I have theorized from the start) is BY FAR better than the pedophile abduction theory!!!

What is illogical is to say that just because some of us have not been convinced it's the parents then we would rather it be a group of pedophiles. Gimme a break.

WTF are you talking about....I don"t care...MODS block me...I don't care!!!

How in the world did you come to that conclusion??? What did I say to possibly make you come to that conclusion???

All I have ever said is that if YOU PUT YOURSELF IN MADDIES SHOES, WHICH WOULD YOU RATHER SUFFER....DEATH BY A PARENT IN AN ACCIDENTAL FIT OF RAGE OR AT THE HANDS OF A PEDOPHILE????

Give me a break.....There are other options besides being in the hands of a pedophile...anyone with half a brain would be able to figure that out.

Hi Shazz

The problem I have with some of the posts about the McCanns is that it goes beyond what the facts are. Right now, this moment in time, the only fact we have is that they were neglectful. Everything else is speculation.
I agree that speculation is fine in order to come to the truth, but the way some posts are worded it goes beyond fact finding and straight to bashing.

It still amazes me that a call to "think outside the box" is interpreted as bashing...shame on that that...expand your mind....

Hell yes!!!! Death by a parent in an accidental manner (which I have theorized from the start) is BY FAR better than the pedophile abduction theory!!!

WTF are you talking about....I don"t care...MODS block me...I don't care!!!

How in the world did you come to that conclusion??? What did I say to possibly make you come to that conclusion???

All I have ever said is that if YOU PUT YOURSELF IN MADDIES SHOES, WHICH WOULD YOU RATHER SUFFER....DEATH BY A PARENT IN AN ACCIDENTAL FIT OF RAGE OR AT THE HANDS OF A PEDOPHILE????

Give me a break.....There are other options besides being in the hands of a pedophile...anyone with half a brain would be able to figure that out.

I think you need to go back and read the previous posts.;)

Hi Shazz

Hi csds, even though our emotions shouldnt come into this, and the only fact we have is that Madelaine is missing, you cannot help but get emotional, I cant anyway, if posters dont agree with someone elses post then unless they have something constructive to say, then dont comment on that post as that is when it can become upsetting to some posters. Colomom is putting herself in the shoes of the parents and Madelaine and giving us different angles and opinions for us to discuss, it doesnt mean that she believes that has happened as we all know, nobody really knows what has happened to Madelaine.
I personally cannot see the McCanns as victims until they have be proven not guilty or guilty.

I think you need to go back and read the previous posts.;)

Since you still chose not to be specific in how you came to that conclusion I will suffice it to say:

"just because some of us have not been convinced it's the parents then we would rather it be a group of pedophile"

Does not work at all....what about kidnapping by a group that was angry with the McCanns (for what ever reason, she is being kept safe and free from harm until the "appointed time"...Google Matthew James) or she was kidnapped by a loving Portguese family that wanted a child of their own..or maybe it was the Mason's...or the people in Amsterdam angry with how the IVF procedure was handled....

It is not as black and white as you state it and further STUDY of this case would make that clear to you....

Since you still chose not to be specific in how you came to that conclusion I will suffice it to say:

"just because some of us have not been convinced it's the parents then we would rather it be a group of pedophile"

Does not work at all....what about kidnapping by a group that was angry with the McCanns (for what ever reason, she is being kept safe and free from harm until the "appointed time"...Google Matthew James) or she was kidnapped by a loving Portguese family that wanted a child of their own..or maybe it was the Mason's...or the people in Amsterdam angry with how the IVF procedure was handled....

It is not as black and white as you state it and further STUDY of this case would make that clear to you....

Read my post 45 on page 2.

Then we can talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members