SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Murdaugh fatal boat crash: Videos show aftermath of incident involving South Carolina man who later was killed
Funeral for Paul and Maggie Murdaugh attended by hundreds | Hilton Head Island Packet

At the packed Hampton Cemetery on Friday, grief, pain and fond memories laced the community’s uneasiness. The tight ring of uniformed law enforcement offices surrounding the ceremony was a stark reminder that the killings are still unsolved.

Thanks for posting this article, I haven’t kept up with local media much.

“Still unsolved with a tight ring of uniformed LE…” even as there is no threat to the public.

Reporters are known for drama embellishments but again this doesn’t help the desired plot.

Ok, here is a link to the article that contains the quote, I originally saw a video clip of Mr. Crosby delivering that part of the eulogy that now I can't find.

Funeral for Paul and Maggie Murdaugh attended by hundreds | Hilton Head Island Packet

Here is the quote from the eulogy that I was referring to in my original post:

Crosby, a lawyer at the family law firm, described Paul as an outgoing —albeit messy — person who left clothes lying around at “houses across the state.”

Thanks for finding this and posting.

[deleted my ramblings]

At the packed Hampton Cemetery on Friday, grief, pain and fond memories laced the community’s uneasiness. The tight ring of uniformed law enforcement offices surrounding the ceremony was a stark reminder that the killings are still unsolved.

This is interesting — thought maybe it was to protect actual friends and family from gawkers and press, but the service was only a few days after the murder. They did not know — and may still not know — who else may have been on the hit list. But either way, I certain trained observers were present to watch for clues.

I’m just afraid this was either a drug debt hit on PM or a paid hit by a family member, and they aren't going to solve it for a long time —until someone slips and says something. Who knows the guilty could even be from out of state.

Still nothing new on this??

just so odd … really seems like the kind of case that would be solved right away due to victims’ family’s wealth, power, & access to LE resources.

or at least appeals for help solving it would blanket the airwaves … I haven’t been following tho, maybe they are? Is there is a big push locally for public tips / help?

Still nothing new on this??

just so odd … really seems like the kind of case that would be solved right away due to victims’ family’s wealth, power, & access to LE resources.

or at least appeals for help solving it would blanket the airwaves … I haven’t been following tho, maybe they are? Is there is a big push locally for public tips / help?

With this case, it seems that LE isn’t interested in wanting the public to look. It’s strange but the silence where a double murder is unsolved, is confusing to say the least.

With this case, it seems that LE isn’t interested in wanting the public to look. It’s strange but the silence where a double murder is unsolved, is confusing to say the least.
Once I lived in a small town. A man was sleeping with a fifteen year old and her father threatened him to leave her or he’d kill him. The man was shot to death but no one investigated too much, they seemed to feel the guy had it coming.

Once I lived in a small town. A man was sleeping with a fifteen year old and her father threatened him to leave her or he’d kill him. The man was shot to death but no one investigated too much, they seemed to feel the guy had it coming.

It’s surely weird but there is a reason, yet to be understood, as to why it’s so quiet.

But what if the guy who got shot had been a member of the family that ran the judicial establishment?? Surely then there would’ve been response …. I guess unless his family agreed he had it coming. But that’s not usually how families see things, that one of their own deserves to die for wrongs committed against outsiders…. especially not wealthy families who are used to having things go their way.

Nothing in this case makes much sense to me TBH …. IMO it’s very hard to believe ANY of the following circumstances:

1) someone inside the family is behind these two murders, & the remaining family members are okay with that

2) the murders were committed by an outsider who’s still unknown, but the family is taking a low-key approach to finding him

3) the murders are known to be associated with a given motive, EG revenge by locals, and the family is sympathetic enough to this motive to look the other way

When this case first happened I figured all the silence meant LE had it zipped up & any minute now would announce an arrest…. however many weeks later, that’s still the only scenario that makes sense to me … but by now it’s getting really weird … MOO

The below may already be widely discussed in these threads -- I find the site almost impossible to access and navigate these days, and so read and post rarely -- so apologies if going over well-trodden ground.

I wonder why we have not heard more about PM's mother, the beloved matriarch of this influential family. It strikes me that many if not most of the theories we've heard have her as collateral damage in a planned and (more or less) precisely targeted hit or attack on PM.

But if it was the other way around, and MM was actually the target, with PM as an incidental casualty, then the planner may have nearly everyone looking the wrong way. The positioning of the victims, distances between, other CS details that might illuminate the likely timeline of their deaths would then be among the information kept close among the investigation team.

Just a thought.

The below may already be widely discussed in these threads -- I find the site almost impossible to access and navigate these days, and so read and post rarely -- so apologies if going over well-trodden ground.

I wonder why we have not heard more about PM's mother, the beloved matriarch of this influential family. It strikes me that many if not most of the theories we've heard have her as collateral damage in a planned and (more or less) precisely targeted hit or attack on PM.

But if it was the other way around, and MM was actually the target, with PM as an incidental casualty, then the planner may have nearly everyone looking the wrong way. The positioning of the victims, distances between, other CS details that might illuminate the likely timeline of their deaths would then be among the information kept close among the investigation team.

Just a thought.

You know, this doesn't directly relate to the M murders, but I agree with you about this website being difficult to navigate. I thought maybe it was just me, but I have found that I choose 2-3 cases, add them to “watched threads,” and stick with those because it’s too cumbersome to drill down in all the various forums and threads. I find the Forums a total jumble and have had no luck with Search function. I’m sure it would be momentous, but wish there were a way to reorganize :)

Guess we are victims of WS success and comradery!

I want to start with an apology.... I just LEARNED about this case, so hard to go back over all the past threads....

But has "my obvious first thought" been dismissed--- That this was an inside job????

-- to eliminate the upcoming trial that would make the family disclose financials and so much more?
--"maybe" to eliminate the mother for unknown reasons to be seen only in the future?

I want to start with an apology.... I just LEARNED about this case, so hard to go back over all the past threads....

But has "my obvious first thought" been dismissed--- That this was an inside job????

-- to eliminate the upcoming trial that would make the family disclose financials and so much more?
--"maybe" to eliminate the mother for unknown reasons to be seen only in the future?

Welcome to our frustration. My short answer is that I’ve ruled out nothing or anybody. There just so many unanswered questions with this case with no communication from LE to the public.

Nope. The killing has no effect on the civil trial (at which financial disclosures must be made). All the defendants in that case are still alive.

This story in Island Packet might be interesting: “Murdaughs’ work for prosecutor’s office outlined as murder investigation continues,” but I cant access it to yell you.

They also had a story about documents show the black suburban the police impounded belonged to M law firm — could tell if there was new info there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa