Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #68 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Golly, a married man with six children doesn't really scream available, does it. I think it was a nice safe harbor for Suzanne. We know she was seeking peace.

Do you think the conversation on the spy pen, (between married man and Suzanne) was one of the deleted and recovered files? Or was she keeping it to enjoy his voice?

Someone-many pages ago-mentioned that Suzanne might have been trying to get her husband to leave her. Is this so?

OH MY! There is a lot to unpack which wasn’t included (to my knowledge) in the tweets today. I highly recommend watching Lauren’s you tube video!! I’m at the 22:32 mark on 51:04 video. Macy was practically begging her mom to divorce Barry. SM calls him “narcissistic” among other things. Macy even offers to move w her and get a job to help make ends meet.

This is heart-wrenching.

That’s just not normal criminal behavior. We see that in bad movies, but not in real life.

Barry didn’t have a great deal of time to work with, and his priority was getting rid of Suzanne’s body, and building an alibi.

I do think the bleach is going to factor in however, just maybe not in the way we imagined. I think he may have used it to destroy any trace of Suzanne in the back of his vehicle or something.
I think he may have done somethings to purposely zig zag around to (in his mind) obfuscate his actions but the bleach isn't one of them.
For instance, his going to JP's workplace to fix something on his bobcat could've been to involve JP - who I think BM was trying to add to the list of suspects, just as he sent him to the same hotel room. Only, that backfired.
His mind was on overdrive. Everyone's a meth-head. None of that even matters. What JP found in the room does.
As far as the bleach, I believe JP. Whether it was granular (chlorine) and needed to be hydrated in a utility bucket or standard bleach, BM used it in the hotel room and maybe outside the hotel. I think hotel cameras will factor.
If he used it in his truck it would've been used in the bed and outer foot rails only.
To me that suggests that it's what he put in that bed that needed the heavy cleaning. Possibly where a large cooler(s) or one of those heavy duty tool boxes that sit up against the cab was stored.
There was also word of the strong bleach odor at Puma Path. I believe that too. It'll all fall into place.
The sighting on the road by Station #5 hasn't hit the fan yet.
There's so much more to come. All of his inconsistencies to LE and how he tried to influence a public official (at least one) are yet to be addressed. Then there's SO, in attendance and she may have much more than we've seen.
The judge isn't going to put up with much more of the defense's delay tactics and antics. He seemed fed up at the last hearing, rightfully so. Yada yada. Bail. Yada yada. That was all BM pushing them and reminding those 'women' who's paying the bills. I think there will be bombshells that'll make today seem like a wholesome walk in the park.
YES, I'm rambling and need to sleep. Last night I got about 3 hours, if that.
Sorry to take off on your comment, MG.
.. good night till it be morrow. ~Juliet

Really? That sounds like depraved heart murder to me. It's interesting that it's first degree in Colorado, but I would be surprised if it applies to a case like this.

If you look at the Colorado jury instruction for that prong of first degree murder, it reads like this:

1. That the defendant,
2. in the State of Colorado, at or about the date and place charged,
3. knowingly,
4. under circumstances evidencing an attitude of universal malice manifesting extreme indifference to the value of human life generally,
5. engaged in conduct which created a grave risk of death to a person, or persons, other than himself [herself], and
6. thereby caused the death of another.

BBM
I think that's more applicable to something like gang members shooting up a house or lighting a building on fire with people in it. And the cases I looked up that reference that prong seem to all be of that sort.

I would think that a spousal murder targeting one specific person would definitely fall under the 1(a) prong which requires deliberation. And the complaint does cite 18-3-102(1)(a) instead of 1(d).
This charging document defines Murder in the First Degree on Pg.2

https://www.courts.state.co.us/user...8/21CR78 Morphew Amended Complaint 051821.pdf

In LS YouTube tonight she said she sat on the front row right behind the Prosecution so she had a pretty good view of BM and family.
She said BM stared at her a couple of times.
Then she said she heard that he winked at another reporter.
She didn’t laugh, she kinda shrugged and said very deadpan He didn’t wink at ME.
Eww
SCARY!! I haven’t gotten to that part yet. I paused it to report the insane amount of info about just how much Macy knew and just how awful it all is.

Golly, a married man with six children doesn't really scream available, does it. I think it was a nice safe harbor for Suzanne. We know she was seeking peace.

Do you think the conversation on the spy pen, (between married man and Suzanne) was one of the deleted and recovered files? Or was she keeping it to enjoy his voice?

Someone-many pages ago-mentioned that Suzanne might have been trying to get her husband to leave her. Is this so?
^^bbm

I think this too. Listening to LS youtube recap, she provided more of the texts between SM and SO, and it seemed like SM was desperate for BM just to let her go, allow her to be at peace. For BM, this was all about control and how a divorce would reflect on HIS image. I see all the exotic trips, fancy cars, mountain estate, etc. as BM thinking the trappings would buy SM's love and respect. It's a shame he never bothered to look in the mirror. MOO

I believe it was recovered from the deleted files. Remember, it automatically started recording when it detected noise.
I agree she found a safe harbor. Unfortunately not a great alternative option, but who knows! I don’t know.. MG said it much more eloquently a few pages back. Basically, I do not blame the girl. But I do blame Barry for taking the cowardly way out.

Jeff L's Extended Silence & Secrecy?
Several ppl said JL's failure to come forward of his own volition marks him a coward & having other unfavorable characteristics. Personally agreeing, he's not in top ten nominees for Husband/ Father/Citizen of the Year.

But if, on learning of SM's disappearance, JL had promptly, voluntarily contacted LE to advise of their relationship, would outcome of LE investigation have been better, faster, or more robust? Serious question. Anyone? TiA.

I realize if LE had not unearthed SM's relationship w JL before this this hearing or trial, that the def team could have tried to "make hay" w it at now or later. But LE learned of it, so any possible def could not use it to surprise to the prosecution.

BBM

Suzanne was afraid of Barry. MOO this is the last thing she would have done is told him of her a fair. He was already Jekle and Hyde. She couldn't risk being thrown at a closet or pinned to a bed again---or god forbid thrown at a wall, slapped, beaten, choked etc........ Even MM suggested a restraining order.

Letting out the affair was dangerous.

MOO is she drew the line and had made her intentions of leaving over that weekend. She had brought it up before to him.

He had to go home and talk her out of it, ask for forgiveness again, get her to see 70x7 again, whatever it took. $$$$ was on the line. He couldnt let this end in a divorce.

Lets say she was adamant.

Did he suggest going and getting lunch and going on a relaxing drive, ya know make the wife happy?

What happened after the sandwhich shop? From the sounds of it there is no blood in the home. So where did they go? Did he choke her as someone suggested. Did he push her off a cliff as someone suggested.

Hmmmm.........

Absolutely agree with everything you said - and where did they go? Did it have anything to do with the spot where BM dropped to ground?!

Why would that be missing? She wouldn't need it on her "bike ride". Shouldn't be anything incriminating about it. Unless he used it to strangle her. MOO.

edit: jinx @MassGuy

If SM left willingly with BM to go get a sandwich at the cafe and talk things through, maybe her phone was running flat so she took the charger with her, planning to charge at the cafe.

In LS YouTube tonight she said she sat on the front row right behind the Prosecution so she had a pretty good view of BM and family.
She said BM stared at her a couple of times.
Then she said she heard that he winked at another reporter.
She didn’t laugh, she kinda shrugged and said very deadpan He didn’t wink at ME.
Eww
If the winking is true, he just cannot help himself!!! GEEZ!! Right in front of his family. (Guess that’s how it’s always been, so why change now..)

It seems to me we heard evidence today that supports both a possible act of rage and first degree murder. I can certainly imagine that he came home early from work to “make the wife happy” and discovered communication between Suzanne and JL, or had perhaps discovered it remotely from his worksite. If so, the narcissistic injury would have produce immense rage. But the FBI info that both doors to his truck were opened simultaneously, makes it sound like he did not act on his rage immediately, but rather went somewhere in his truck with Suzanne. And returned without her, (only one truck door opened). There was time and intent between the time he got home and going wherever they went in his truck. I can’t find the post with the exact times of the simultaneous truck door openings and the later single door opening, but that window of time is looking very suspicious, in terms of silence from Suzanne’s phone/social media and likely time of death.
Poor Suzanne. My heart hurts for her and her family and dear friends.
Was this addressed today and I missed it? The timing of both doors and one door later??
Link?

CO. M-1 Chg against BM = "after deliberation and with the intent"
@Cindizzi TYVM:).
Thought it'd be helpful for some to quote both the M-1 charge against BM & CO. statute verbatim.

M-1 charge
against BM.*
"COUNT 1-MURDER IN THE FIRST DEGREE (F1) Between and including May 9, 2020 and May 10, 2020, Barry Lee Morphew unlawfully, feloniously, after deliberation, and with the intent to cause the death of a person other than himself, caused the death of Suzanne Renee Morphew; in violation of section 18-3-102(1)(a), C.R.S."

Colorado Statute for M-1:**
"(1) A person commits the crime of murder in the first degree if:
(a) After deliberation and with the intent to cause the death of a person other than himself, he causes the death of that person or of another person;..."  

Although under CO statute 18-3-102(1)(b) thru (1)(f), other circumstances merit M-1*** BM was charged under (1)(a).
Welcoming comment, clarification, or correction, esp'ly from our legal professionals.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member