AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. Here is the updated version with apx time stamps bolded. BLUE FONT means the link is already embedded.

Collaborative Poster Effort - Feel free to copy to a new post and add in what you find in approved sources.
List so far:
*List is a Draft and may not be in order - links/quotes will be added for final version that we can continue to insert info into as it is learned*

3:00 - 7:00
(Times are Apx.)

3:15 Come home
Get house unlocked and have boys help with groceries
Groceries divided, Grandmas groceries taken across the driveway
Laundry (stated 1 hour)
?CW watches some tv with the boys

3:30 DW Stated phones are wiped from this point forward

3:58 ?CW uploads videos
Planting Flowers
Wash hands
SW gets candy from Grandma
CW asks boys to watch Summer
“Me and my mother and her were planting flowers, and we went in after we got done washing our hands, and [Summer] got a piece of candy from grandma,” Bly said. “[Summer] wanted to go back over and see her brothers, and I said, ‘OK,’ and I walked her all the way over to the porch, and I watched her walking into the kitchen where the boys were watching TV.”
back across the driveway to house

5:30 SW goes into the house/basement
CW adjusts Grandmas brace
Within 2 mins CW goes back to the home to look for SW

5:32 CW goes in home to look, yells a few times and then goes downstairs to check “she’s just gone”

Neighbor hears scream (Female and her daughter)

CW calls DW at work in Jonesborough

6:26 CW calls 911 on CH's phone (6:26?)
CW drives CH’s Silverado to back of holler
Boys go down toward creek
6:29 DW calls 911 from work (check Cher video for a possible 6:29 reference)
Male neighbor becomes involved in the search
7:00 Don makes a 45 minute drive home in 25 - 35 minutes (38min mark) (7:00 would be based on a 30 min drive after the 6:29 911 call) NOTE: look for links to include that may reference other possible arrival times.
DW states he arrives before LE but many neighbors were already searching
DW arrives at shed
—-

CW texts or calls H (This was after 7:00 I believe)
CW contacts RL and DD

Activities in the Periphery:
Tree Trimmers are working
Property is for sale
An employee of DW was dismissed the day before
1998-2000 maroon or red Toyota Tacoma with a full bed ladder rack and white buckets in the truck bed sighting

Candus couldn't have called DW at 5:32 according to DW's June 18th version of the story, because he says that when Candus called him, he told her to hang up and call 911 immediately, and then he threw his tools in the truck, called 911 and started driving home. The 911 call was at 6:26.

01:31
uh my wife called me and
01:34
i said hang up for me and call 911 right
01:36
now and i
01:37
i was at work and i called 9-1-1
01:40
through all my tools that i could in the
01:42
vehicle and
01:44
from uh from jonesboro
01:48
you know i come out i made it out here
01:51
before anybody

June 18

Last edited by a moderator:

HE SAID:
Fist stop. The hospital
Second stop drop off prescription
DW called: talked about man at home watching kids trying to give them hugs (SHE SAID: this subject was not in the conversation.)

HE SAID:
There was a man on the property for two weeks

SHE SAID
First stop. The hospital to pick up mamma
Dropped off prescription
Got mamma cigarettes while at Walgreens
(not verbatim) DW called to ask how the errands were going, NOT regarding a person on the property

Interviewer asks who was with her that day

SHE SAID:
My mother was with me, my daughter, Summer and Hunter was with us at the horse pond.
I got out of the car first
I opened the door because my moms' got a double back door on her truck. So I opened the door I let her and Hunter out. And Summers' first thing is to run to the water, of course. I was like, Summer just wait, let me get my stuff and I will walk over there with you. And she waited for me. I don't know, Hunter went off into the woods somewhere, I don't know where he went. (asked where was Summer sitting) She was sitting in the middle seat. SHE SAID: she let her mom and Hunter out. No mention of how Summer Moon got out Hunter was sitting on the end. My mom said hold on a minute, so "we" waited for my mom to get out. Hunter, he done just disappeared into the woods I don't know where he went. (she says it again). Me and my momma and Summer walked over there. We were just letting Summer play and then Hunter eventually come back out of the woods wherever he was. HE SAID: he never mentions being away. he said momma stayed in the car to add minutes to her phone ( the phone used to dial 911). SHE SAID: momma needed her to walk to the pond to steady her balance. So did she leave her behind in the car or wait for her? If you listen to Hunter's interview she left momma in the car, but he never mentions going into the woods.

Interviewer: (s0 lets walk over there, show me)
SHE SAID:
Everything's slow motion now.

Interviewer confirms where Hunter went (she points to the right off to the distance)
SHE SAID:
He went that way.

Interviewer questions about bathing suits

SHE SAID:
(Hunter's bathing suit?) Nah, I think he had his shorts and his t-shirt on. ( HE SAID: when Summer Moon was under the water, he took his t-shirt and walked as calm as heck, because she might have been (my words pranking). walked over to her lifted her out of the water to his shoulder and asked her if she is okay. Summer responded yes and laughed. The TIK TOK video would be proof that Summer was okay. It shows Hunter without his t-shirt and in the water. Summer Moon is lively in the video)

(Summer's bathing suit) Yes. I actually put her bathing suit on before we left home. It was really hot out that day so it was something small and thin, not so hot, I know how she gets too hot.
(HE SAID: CW change Summer Moon in his house while waiting for he mom. When Allie was asked by CH if CW took Summer Moon's clothes with her, she said she didn't remember. However, HE SAID: yes, she took her clothes with her.)

(DW said Summer Moon picked that outfit that day, it "WAS" her outfit for the first day of school. The way he told the story, it was as if she pick the outfit out in the morning and was wearing it all day.)

Interviewer: (the temperature that day)
SHE SAID:
The 80's

Interviewer (AC in truck? On?)

SHE SAID:
No. I don't like AC.
We all walked down this path. Me, my mom and Summer.
Interviewer (Mom's walking, how with her knee)

SHE SAID:
She uses her cane so it's a little bit easier and she'll hold on to my shoulder, so, she doesn't fall or nothin'.
Interviewer (Summer's location)

SHE SAID:
(Summer's walking to the horse pond on the trail) She's right here in front of me.
I was just standing here at the end, and the. Well the water is up a a lot further than it is usually, usually its down, you usually can see all that wood sticking up out of the water. And she just playin' right here.

Interviewer (Time you got here)

SHE SAID:
I couldn't tell you, to be honest with you. Time is.
"I don't keep track of time." (HE SAID: Hunter said the same words. he also said that CW asked him what he told LE. he also said he blocked her online media after Summer Moon went missing)
I get up in the morning I do my thing with the kids and we go to bed.
I couldn't even tell you.
I know I went to the hospital at 8 with my mom. Dropped her off. I was sittin' there and Hunter called me and asked me what I was doing. I said, I was sittin' at the hospital in the parking lot waiting on my mom to get done. Then he said, well why don't y'all come over.

Well as long as your mom says that it's okay.

I guess he woke her up and said something to her and he said yes, it's fine for a little bit. I guess his gramma was coming over or something. She don't like me so. Well I don't like her either, so.
That's true.

Interviewer (states words about a falling out)

SHE SAID:
It was something stupid part on Al's, honestly.
Well her, husband, I don't know if it was her husband, I'll just say Hunter's daddy come out with all these guys and "stuff" and was supposed to move down here. And they couldn't find a place to stay and whatever. I don't really remember what this guys name was, but I know he was a Mexican, I think. And she got...

Interviewer interrupts and says (that Jose guy)

SHE SAID:

Yeah. She wanted him to stay and she was also staying at my house. So, I said if you're going to be with him that's fine. You know what I'm sayin'? That's fine. That's y'alls deal. And I don't know, they did whatever they did because I didn't really pay attention. I just hung out with the kids and my mom. And then one day he just goes, "I like chicks with d**ks" after him and her did whatever. She got all pissed off and just told my mom, "take me and the kids back to my place. I'm outta here. So I don't even know what really happen. She just went off the handle. And ever since then, I don't know, she's just been a hateful person. And I don't know, I don't get it. I really wish I could understand it.

And she stuck me with that guy. And when my husband got home he was like, well, who is this guy. I'm like, Allie left him here, abandoned him here. I was like, he ain't got no place to go. You know what I'm sayin' My mom took him after my husband and him go into a little squall, I believe it was to N. Carolina to some chicks house. And then that was the end of him. Never heard from him again. He didn't have no vehicle. My mom took him in her truck. (Allie said: CW was using her which is why she stop being her friend. Allie said she was spending money on the kids.)

SHE SAID:
Summer's just playing in the water, right here. I'm just standing right here. The flower died that were there. There was a bunch of flowers right here, yes. On this little peddle. I guess they've all died now.

Mom is standing right here. And I'm over here close to the edge because Summer is in the water. You know what I'm saying that's my thing. And she's just playing like a normal kid would be playing in the water. And then Hunter came back from wherever he was and come down here and was standing here. Summer was out a little further. (HE SAID: he and CW were talking about what they done that week, how they been doing since last seeing one another and taking hits off the vape. At some point while Summer Moon was swimming alone, he said he took off his t-shirt and entered the water to check on Summer Moon who was under the water. He called out to her but didn't know if she could hear him while she was submerged. [if Hunters story is accurate then
Summer Moon had no problems at the pond. The video shows him in the water with Summer. after he has no t-shirt on while in the water.]
They weren't that far apart. With him sittin' there sayin' she fell on a rock. There's no rocks. They're saying she fell on a rock, there is no rock. What rock?

Interviewer points out two rocks in the area.

SHE SAID:
Yeah, they're (the rocks) are way over there and I'm right here.
This is where she (Summer)is right here,( implying away from rocks.) She's jumpin around splashing having a good time. Just like Summer would always do. That's how all of my kids are. They just splash around and have a good time. Summer's just playing in the water like a normal kid would play in the water. She just sticks her head in but sticks it back up. The water was only up to here at the time. (pointing at her leg calf).

Interviewer, (idea of Summer under water)

SHE SAID:
I have know idea where that even come from. That blew my mind when I heard that. I was like, she didn't even go under the water. When I was playing in the water, I was literally taking the Tik Tok video. Just to watch, then I did different things, because that's how Tik Tok is you can do different things with them. And I was just taking Tik Tok videos and he come from up out of there (points to the woods where Hunter was) wherever he came from, I flashed around, and he threw up gang signs. So moved it back away from him as quick as I could. I was videoing them flowers then back at Summer real quick. Then he decided to get in the water right there. And he went like that with the water a few times (gesturing Hunter flicking water at Summer) I said please don't do that. She don't like to be splashed. And so he quit and got out. I said come on Summer we gotta go get grandma's prescription. We just got back in the truck and left.

Summer is playing in the water right here.

11:02 min into the video
SHE SAID:

Interviewer mentions the tea

SHE SAID:
When we come down here this place was littered in trash. It was all trash down here. Like, them teas were all over thru there all thru everywhere. There was flowers that my mom wanted to pick. I said mom, you'd better not do that, it's a state park, you'll get in trouble if you get caught. I'm not gettin caught for that. (HE SAID: gramma was picking flowers and CW was helping her. he doesn't clarify where he is. he never mentions the woods. he can't be in a conversation with CW because he implies she's helping mom pick flowers ) SHE SAID: she told her mother not to pick flowers

We walked on back to the truck. (HE SAID: this is the point "they" dressed
Summer Moon in her "first day of school outfit" and talked about the water park.)

SHE SAID:
I don't know where that ice tea come from. All I know is I did buy an ice tea from the
Smoke Shop in town, but, I bought that for my mother. If she were hear today, she would tell you that. And the vapes that I bought were nicotine vapes from the Hippie House. Right next door. Well, no, their kinda, ones further down by the mall where I got the ice tea. The Hippie House is right here before you cross over the bridge. (HE SAID: he asked her for the tea they got to the park. he said she gave it to him. he impied that she's a giving person. Allie said she's a user, but CW let JR stay at her home when he had no place to go)
SHE SAID:
We went to the hospital and picked up my mom.
We stopped at the Smoke Shop and I got mom the twisted tea that she wanted
Then I stopped at the Hippie House and got me some smoke nicotine vapes.

Interviewer (what flavor)

SHE SAID:

I think they were skittles cause that's the kind I like. They actually taste like skittles. We left there and went straight down to Walgreens. When through the drive thru. But after we
went down to the Hippie House we bought 3 of them I think. I believe. I sat them right there on the council. And he asked for one, I said know you can't have none. (HE SAID: he took his on one she hand when she dropped him at his home, she gave a vape.)

Interviewer (did he take one)

I don't know, I honestly don't know.
We went to the Walgreen dropped off mom's prescription. I said if we gotta wait 30 mins. why don't bring Summer down here and let her play for a little bit. And that's what we did.

And there was nothing, I didn't see him drink nothing "down here". I don't know what he's talkin' about.

Interviewer (so it's your word against his)

SHE SAID:

Pretty much.

Interviewer (from here where do you go)

SHE SAID:

To Walgreens to pick up my moms prescription
It's right straight across. When we turn to come down here, it's right there on the corner.
I said to mom, why don't we get a Sonic. It's hot out. We get a Sonic. I went up Morlin Dr. because I had to pick up a few things. I was in the store for maybe five minutes, I grabbed some milk and cheese, and I don't remember what else I bought. PRICELESS. (food market). I was like Hunter, sorry, you're not coming to the house. (HE SAID: he wanted to get back to see his girl) And I took him back to his house and dropped him off and left. Summer was still awake when I left his house. (CW says: ) Allie did not walk to the truck and try to talk to me. I tried to get her to come over and talk to me, but she wouldn't. (HE SAID: he got out of the truck. he thought Summer got out of the truck. His mother Allie said she walked up to the truck and Summer was sleep with her body again the milk. Allie asked if she could wake her up. Allie said, CW said no, they had to get the groceries home.

Interviewers (what flavors were purchased at Sonic

SHE SAID:

I think I bought myself and mom a grape, no my mom.(she changes answer) me and Summer got a grape. That's my favorite. I don't remember what mom got. It's like a cool water, something like that. And then Hunter I think wanted a blue one. I think. Yeah, a slushi, I don't really (inaudible) Just slushies, no food. (Interview asked if there was food purchased) Then from there we went to PriceLess and I wasn't even in there 5 mins. Grabbed my milk come right back out the door and he was sittin there playing on Tik Tok like he always does. (HE SAID: she was in the store with her mom for at least an hour and Summer was using his phone to play a game, LOL. HE SAID: he doesn't do or like TIK TOK)

SHE SAID:
I mean and then for him to sit there and say he doesn't make TiK ToK's, I have on my phone, I
can show you where he's made Tik Toks. Honest to God. (Interviewer; recommends she turn them over) They are still on my phone. I haven't had a chance. I was going to show it to them Tuesday when I went back to town because I got some business I've got to take care of. (LE has had Hunter's phone for a couple of months) I dropped him off.

Interviewer (says explain the milk/the picture)

SHE SAID:
It was sitting there right beside Summer because when I handed it to Hunter in the car he was on the outside (of Summer). I said put this on the other side of Summer. He just set it over there.
I said put this milk on the other side of Summer. And she was wide awake and sittin up. She didn't fall asleep until after we left town. ( HE SAID: he held the milk in his lap until he was dropped off. he said he thought he left the milk on the seat. then he said he didn't remember how the milk got next to Summer. HE SAID: when he was dropped off he went to the driver's side to get the blue vape from CW) (SHE SAID: she told him that he could not have a vape.)

Interviewer (today is a tough day for you, referring to days her sons were removed and Summer being gone)

SHE SAID:
It's been tough. It's been really tough lately.
Well, everytime I look around I see her face. I don't know what else I can tell you.

Interviewer (tell me about Summer)

SHE SAID:
She a happy little girl. She's the best little girl anyone could imagine. Just like, well I don't really want to say her name. But you know. Happy go lucky. Nothing ever brings her down hardly

Interviewer (did she change clothes)

Yeah I changed her clothes because she when I have the windows down, (laugh) it could be 100 degrees..."roll up the window mommy I'm cold." She'll not be cold but I still do it. That's just Summer. (HE SAID: Summer Moon was changed before they went to Walgreens to pick up the prescription and directly after the horse pond.) That would mean Summer Moon had on hot clothes for 12 to 3 o'clock {hottest hours in the day} and CW never says she changed when she return home. Would Summer Moon have planted flower in a long sleeve jacket and long pants? ( HE SAID: she was changed for the waterpark at the horsepond)

SHE SAID:
On the way home? On the way home we were just sitting there talking, me and mom about trees flowers "ROCK." Whatever mom likes we pretty much we talk about. What's Summer doing? (mom says) Oh she fell asleep. When I looked back because I'm driven'. I looked back like this (demonstrates) she had her arms up like this (arms bent, hand holding her head) like her daddy sleeps all the time. So I wanted to catch that moment. It's just things I do. I said here mom hurry up, take that picture. She pressed video record instead of the picture part. I said did you catch. She said F no, I hit the video part. (Interviewer joke about handing gramma the camera. I was driving though. She put her arms backdown? I said dang. We were like 2 minutes from the house when she took her arm down.

Interviewer (who was home? how old is your oldest?)

SHE SAID:
When we got to the house, we unlocked the gate. We went up. And I woke her up. She got up, I unbuckled her. She got out of the car. We went and grabbed the boys from the house, come help us with the groceries. Cause I always have them come help and do something.
My 3 son (were home)
He'll be 13 in September, technically they were watching TV and sleeping at the same time.
I was only going to run out for a second. I didn't even plan for Hunter to be with us that day at all. He called and said, "you wanna come over for a second?" But I've gotta get right back to mom. and that's all it was, was a quick second thing. And he like asks his mom, can I go with them? I'm like shaking my head (shaking her head NO) I said I don't care. So I'm like whatever. I was thinking nothing of it. (Was Allie in the room?)
(HE SAID: he asked if he could go fishing and swimming. He said, while at the horse pond, they, gramma, CW and Summer were going to the waterpark, gramma talked to him about it. HE SAID: CW said the boys were with their father at work. SHE SAID: to CH interviewer the three boys were home sleeping/watching TV. Allie said she didn't remember or know what was going on when CW was at the house because she was sleep. In CW's interview she never once mentions the Water Park

Both videos continue. This is not the entire videos. CHRIS MCDONOUGH INTERVIEWS/INTERVIEW ROOM, online content with CW, Hunter, Allie (her mother and other best friend). I noted the information with the glaring contrary information. IMO. Hunter's answers are not verbatim. CW' answers are as I heard them. exactly. CH's question are not written as asked. The purpose of he said/ she said is to show the two completely different answers given for the days activities.

*Hunter represents (HE SAID) not verbatim
*cw represents SHE SAID verbatim
*Allie's words are paraphrased

Anybody else remember CW saying she went for a walk and when she returned SW was gone. At the time I thought she seemed so concerned to leave her earlier for two minutes and now she goes for a walk?

Yes. I also thought it was weird that CW was so concerned about Summer, walking her to the house, only being gone 2 minutes, etc., but her youngest son is only a couple years older than Summer and he was apparently left at home with the other 2 all day. If CH's appointment was at 8:00am, they must have left home at around 7:15am and returned home around 3:15pm. That's a long time. I'm not judging her older kids' babysitting abilities or her decision to leave them home, I'm just wondering why she was so relaxed with the boys but an absolute helicopter with Summer.

Candus couldn't have called DW at 5:32 according to DW's June 18th version of the story, because he says that when Candus called him, he told her to hang up and call 911 immediately, and then he threw his tools in the truck, called 911 and started driving home. The 911 call was at 6:26.

01:31
uh my wife called me and
01:34
i said hang up for me and call 911 right
01:36
now and i
01:37
i was at work and i called 9-1-1
01:40
through all my tools that i could in the
01:42
vehicle and
01:44
from uh from jonesboro
01:48
you know i come out i made it out here
01:51
before anybody

June 18

Thanks! I have added spaces between that time slot to show the activity as between 5:32 and 6:26

That is quite a bit of time, but I'd imagine that the family did look around for her before calling the police. I mean that seems logical to me. I'm not sure if I'd personally take an hour. I'd probably look all around the property that's not wooded, call her her name. start hyperventilating, panic, and then call.

Except that someone who called 911 advised the operator that Summer had only been missing for about 10 minutes. 10 minutes from 6:26 (911 call) is 6:16.

This is the interview in which Candus says she asked the neighbors to help her look for Summer.

Summer Wells' mom pleads: 'Just bring her back'

“I said, ‘I can’t find Summer. Get home now,’” Candus recalled. “He was like, ‘Call 9-1-1.’ So, I dropped my phone because I had to run over and get Mom’s phone and dial 9-1-1, because her AT & T phone is the only one that works out here to call 9-1-1. So, I called them, and told them what’s goin’ on.

“Before the cops even came out, I went down and told my neighbors, ‘Summer is missing, will you help me look?’ just in case she did wander off. But I knew in the back of my mind, she’s never wandered off. She never went nowhere without me. She’ll ask me to do something before she even goes and does it. And she’s scared to go in the woods herself because we’ve told her time and time (again) because of the bears and snakes,” Candus said.

I bolded a section above that just now caught my attention. I have never stopped to ponder if my cell phone will--or will not-- call 911. How did CW know that her cell phone would not call 911?

You know what I just caught ? Candus would have gotten home around 3 pm, but according to Don, all 3 phones were wiped clean from 3:30 on. Did Summer go missing in just 30 minutes ?

Well, certainly, children can go missing in a matter of minutes so, yes, it seems plausible that SW could go missing in that short of a timeframe.

Do I think she wandered off, though? Nope. I think the missing timeframe on the phones give us a good range of when something happened to SW and when she was disappeared by someone before the call to 911.

Going back through the press conferences to see if there's anything I might have missed. Here is an absolutely nonsensical (imo) answer from Ronnie Lawson about what time Summer was last seen.

Lawson : Her parents reported her missing right around 6:30 pm.

Reporter : Well, when was she...do they say when she was last seen ? I know she was reported missing around that time, but was she last seen earlier in the afternoon, or the day even...

Larson : That time is varied because they were searching for their child their selves.

4:20

How the hell does searching for a child prevent a parent from being able to say when the child was last seen ? What is interesting to note, however, is that when asked what time Summer was last seen, Lawson says, " That time is varied. "

x
I bolded a section above that just now caught my attention. I have never stopped to ponder if my cell phone will--or will not-- call 911. How did CW know that her cell phone would not call 911?

I assume someone called 911 last October when the DV incident occurred. Maybe she discovered which phone should be used at that time.

jmo

Yes. I also thought it was weird that CW was so concerned about Summer, walking her to the house, only being gone 2 minutes, etc., but her youngest son is only a couple years older than Summer and he was apparently left at home with the other 2 all day. If CH's appointment was at 8:00am, they must have left home at around 7:15am and returned home around 3:15pm. That's a long time. I'm not judging her older kids' babysitting abilities or her decision to leave them home, I'm just wondering why she was so relaxed with the boys but an absolute helicopter with Summer.
Well, because something bad was going to happen to Summer someday........

(HE SAID: this is the point "they" dressed
Summer Moon in her "first day of school outfit" and talked about the water park.)

RSBM

The verbatim of what H said:

CM (Interviewer): That's fine. So she changes her clothes here and she takes her clothes with her.
H: Yeah
You: Then what happened?
H: Well then (yawn), when she got changed from swimming, they had bought (brought?) her an outfit to put on because they were supposed to go to, to, Jonesboro (pointing) I think....yeah, Jonesboro for, uh, this, this, uh, big park, like water park.
You: OK, so that was the initial thought?
H: I guess, if (unintelligible....maybe I'm being honest?)....I don't know

I just had to look this up, citing the previous poster @LookinInn2 breakdown of H and CW's timeline.
If as H suggests, they were in the sitting in the car for around an hour while waiting for them to finish grocery shopping...

WATCH: How hot does is get inside a locked car on a warm day? | wbir.com

"Cars can heat up 20 degrees in 10 minutes, and rolling down the windows or parking in the shade does little to keep a car interior cool on a hot day."
"At the beginning of the show, the temperature inside the car was 78 degrees, (high temperature, 79 degrees Kingsport, TN June 15th) similar to when you park your car to go inside the grocery store or into work. Once the air conditioning was off and the car empty, the temperature inside the vehicle quickly rose--- to 150 degrees at the end of the hour!"

o_O

According to this it was when they took a "Lie detector" . On what day it was, i don't know, that's if they did. Is "Hawkins County a Police station?

13:17
when we went to the hawkins county to do
13:20
our live detectors and everything like
13:21
that they took all of our phones
13:24
and then magically all
13:27
all of our phone records from 3 30 on

Yes. :Hawkins County Sheriff's Department.

I just had to look this up, citing the previous poster @LookinInn2 breakdown of H and CW's timeline.
If as H suggests, they were in the sitting in the car for around an hour while waiting for them to finish grocery shopping...

"Cars can heat up 20 degrees in 10 minutes, and rolling down the windows or parking in the shade does little to keep a car interior cool on a hot day."
"At the beginning of the show, the temperature inside the car was 78 degrees, (high temperature, 79 degrees Kingsport, TN June 15th) similar to when you park your car to go inside the grocery store or into work. Once the air conditioning was off and the car empty, the temperature inside the vehicle quickly rose--- to 150 degrees at the end of the hour!"

o_O
Wow, that’s stunning information.
When you consider this, combined with her:
  • Possibly sleeping at that point
  • Possibly having (accidentally?) ingested a drug or pain killer
  • Possibly having a post-underwater difficulty
It sure increases the odds of something having gone terribly wrong.

o_O

They could've left the car running with the a/c on.

That said, I don't think CW and CH were in the grocery store for anywhere near an hour. The swimming video was apparently time stamped at 12:21 (according to CW). They continued swimming for a bit, went to Walgreens, went to Sonic, went to the grocery store, (am I forgetting a stop?) and dropped H off around 2:30. I'm not sure there's time to sit there for an hour.

By June 24, the timelines of when Summer actually went missing had still not been narrowed down.

Reporter : Have you happened to narrow down the timeline of (inaudible) when she went missing ?

Earhart : Not any more than what we originally released. We know that her family reported her missing, they called the Sheriff Office around 6:30. Prior to that, it was early afternoon when she was last seen, and then they searched for a little bit and then reported her missing.

Reporter: How many hours would you say (inaudible) ?

Earhart: I don't have that information.

Last edited:
Ive been reading and keeping up as best I can here, but haven’t posted till now.

can someone clarify for me here….am I understanding that right before Summer went missing, the parents just decided to wipe their phones clean? Why?
Just a theory : I think the timing of the wiped phones is important to the timeline.
Something occurred and we don't know what it was.
But as another wise member pointed out ... LE don't erase people's phones.
Imo.

Has anyone by chance plugged this route into GoogleMaps to see an average drive time:
house to church,
Church into the back of the hollar
Back of the hollar then back into the driveway
(It won’t be perfect info but gives a guiding time line)

CW drives CH’s truck .. “all the way down by the church, then went all the way down the (other) way and I didn’t see nobody even out and about.” Then I went all the way back in the holler as far as the truck can go and I didn’t see nothing back in there, either. When I was coming back up out of the holler, the cops were coming up in my driveway.

Wow, that’s stunning information.
When you consider this, combined with her:
  • Possibly sleeping at that point
  • Possibly having (accidentally?) ingested a drug or pain killer
  • Possibly having a post-underwater difficulty
It sure increases the odds of something having gone terribly wrong.

I have never been concerned about the heat while H and SW were left in the truck at the grocery store even if it had been an hour.
H was plenty old enough to open the windows or doors if needed. If then still hot he could have taken SW into the store. Even SW is old enough to open a car door, she wasn't in a car seat so easy enough to unbuckle.

I would be more concerned about when they returned home. Could SW have been left in the truck sleeping while CW & CH put groceries away, watched TV, did laundry and misc. It would still be hot at 3:15 til whenever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname