Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #137

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your list matches mine.. no need to look further than the 10 you listed just put them all together.
I wonder did you find the same person/s I did??
I can only think of 1 person and that person hit's quite close to Libby's home. Do we have the same person in mind?

The main problem in this case is, that LE still holds back all the information, they got.

This causes a huge amount of speculations of any kind.

It's understandable to hold back some crucial details only the murder can know, but in this case they are exaggerating and just helping to create a mystery.

The main problem in this case is, that LE still holds back all the information, they got.

It's understandable to hold back some crucial details only the murder can know, but in this case they are exaggerating and just helping to create a mystery.

I agree, but what can more can the public do to put pressure on LE. The families of the victims whole heartedly support the LE and how they are handling the investigation.

I think we have a very complicated situation here, and LE are actually trying to protect the family from the group of people responsible for the murders and that is the true reason why so little information is being made public.

my opinions only

But why are they doing that? Not matter how heinous a crime it was, what possibly could be their reason to continue to sit on the details after four years of being unsuccessful in finding the murder or murderers!
We’re all grown ups here and who knows where that little tidbit of information could lead to. As each year goes by, the chances of finding and convicting the murderer diminishes. IMO

I've got a question about something that's been on my mind lately. Just wondering how others felt.

Would you say, with the great difference in BG sketch #1 and #2 and ISP Carter's words permeating, IMO, that LE had been fooled; that a witness who came forward (or even possibly more than one) lied about when and why they were there, about what they saw or heard?

I've been thinking a lot in general about the alibis given. I never really gave that much consideration that it might be one of the witnesses at the trails areas who gave false information to LE.

Thoughts?

I don't know that it's necessarily about the sketch, but yes, I think LE had been fooled.

But why are they doing that? Not matter how heinous a crime it was, what possibly could be their reason to continue to sit on the details after four years of being unsuccessful in finding the murder or murderers!
We’re all grown ups here and who knows where that little tidbit of information could lead to. As each year goes by, the chances of finding and convicting the murderer diminishes. IMO

They said, that they want to keep all the unreleased information for the court.

The strategy is to release only as much as necessary.
The additional audio/video recording doesn't have any more audio from the murderer, which is really weird. They also said, that it's not as important for the case as people might think.
They also said, that releasing more details about the crime, wouldn't lead to any more useful tips, that's why they won't release more information.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
1. this murder took place in the middle of the day.
2. it took place in a high traffic area
3. there were people nearby
4. he attacked 2 people at the same time.

i find this very odd. was he not worried that one of the girls will escape will the other was being killed? there were people nearby. its a forest. lots of trees for cover and they could run in any direction.

this man did not care.

this was not something planned. this wasn't opportunistic. this was personal.

i think something happened between the girls and this man. some kind of interaction or altercation.

i dont think this man saw the girls from a distance and just decided to kill them in the middle of the day in a busy trail.

something must have happened. this guy was angry.

I feel like the 2 girls fought .
One probably tried to intervene while the killer was assaulting the other.
Strictly my opinion , but my gut says a blunt force trauma incurred that either incapacitated that particular girl or possibly ended her life.

I just believe he was able to cause 2 causalities because of the love and loyalty between the 2 victims.

MOO AMOO JMO

The additional audio/video recording doesn't have any more audio from the murderer, which is really weird. They also said, that it's not as important for the case as people might think.
They also said, that releasing more details about the crime, wouldn't lead to any more useful tips, that's why they won't release more information.

<modsnip>

<modsnip - bolded part of quote above was removed> There are several possibilities as to why they crossed the creek/river. (1) He may have planned to abduct them from the area and had a vehicle parked on the other side (possibly the cemetery). (2) I believe he knew the area very well and felt the area where they were killed was more isolated than the area close to the bridge. Remember, it took a full day to locate the bodies partially because they were in an area not easily seen. (3) He may have planned to kill them without crossing the water, but the girls may have run and got to the other side before he caught up with them. One of Libby's shoes was found on the other side of the water. That leads me to think that the girls started running/fighting before crossing the water.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not intending to point additional fingers towards JBC but law enforcement indicated an abundance of evidence near the crime scene. They also indicated this was a spot out of view of most of the area. Indicating that someone was familiar with the area. Perhaps this was an old campsite of someone’s and had discarded items from someone spending time there?
MichMan015

I completely agree. I think its nuts how much they've held back and how much what they do put out there just makes everything more confusing. I honestly think all it's done is fuel rumors and speculation neither of which are helpful at all. I realize there is benefit in holding some things back but they've basically held everything back (unless the truth is, they don't have anywhere near as much as we all hope they do.) If that is the case, there may not be anything to share.

In an reenacment video on YT, it was shown, that they had to cross the river until the final crime scene.
What sense did it make to cross the river for the murderer?

So, I wonder if LE feels that releasing more info wouldn't aid in finding the suspect then how is that same info so important that it needs to be held for trial? That info could help convict the person but not help figure out who the person is?

I'm also frustrated by LE not releasing more information. But then I wonder what LE could release that does more than just satisfy our curiosity. The cause or manner of death, but how would that lead to someone out there realizing who it is and call in a tip? Unless, the cause of death is from some rare or unique weapon like 18th century flintlock pistols I don't see how that advances the investigation. If we're talking about something like blunt force trauma or stabbing with a knife I don't believe that is notable enough for someone to suddenly become aware of a POI in their midst.

Maybe if he took some souvenir of the crime from one of the girls, but I don't even see that as he just might dispose of it. Maybe if the killer dropped something or lost something in a struggle with the girls. I do wonder if more info on the vehicle seen at the abandoned CPS building might not prompt someone to call in a tip. Assuming the killer was driving that vehicle and the driver wasn't just an unidentified person in the area.

I completely agree. I think its nuts how much they've held back and how much what they do put out there just makes everything more confusing. I honestly think all it's done is fuel rumors and speculation neither of which are helpful at all. I realize there is benefit in holding some things back but they've basically held everything back (unless the truth is, they don't have anywhere near as much as we all hope they do.) If that is the case, there may not be anything to share.
All I know is it’s been FOUR years, they have two pictures, a recorded voice and now a guy in prison with one of the victim’s face tattooed on his arm and STILL no arrest!
WTH!

Unless they know who it is but just don't have the forensics to convict. JMO

The main things I took away from that April 2019 PC was killer was at the time of the murders a Delphian, he "could have been in the room" and "wanted to know what LE knew" because LE knows him and he had inserted himself into the situation in the previous two years.

I'm starting to think it's very possible a witness (maybe even two) who came forward were telling lies.

I think it's also possible the people who LE said lied about alibis could be some of the so-called "witnesses" that came forward. AJMO

In an reenacment video on YT, it was shown, that they had to cross the river until the final crime scene.
What sense did it make to cross the river for the murderer?

Bolded By Me For Clarification.

Maybe it was one of his signatures? But I really don’t know. Just guessing.

I think it's also possible the people who LE said lied about alibis could be some of the so-called "witnesses" that came forward. AJMO

Question to the bolded part: Do you have a source for the statement that LE have said that there are people who lied about alibis?
Who from LE said that?
I have heard this before as someone’s interpretation of Carters statements at the April 2019 presser, but never stated as a fact that LE actually have said this publically.

Question to the bolded part: Do you have a source for the statement that LE have said that there are people who lied about alibis?
Who from LE said that?
I have heard this before as someone’s interpretation of Carters statements at the April 2019 presser, but never stated as a fact that LE actually have said this publically.
Sheriff Leazenby and ISP Riley are quoted in this article.

“We’re going deeper with alibis that are provided,” Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said. “Part of the reason … we have learned of people who have lied to us on the alibi.”

That doesn't make them suspects, per se, Indiana State Police Sgt. Kim Riley said, but it does mean that police want to find out the truth — whatever that might be.

"They’re seeing that maybe there are some discrepancies going on," Riley said about rechecking the alibis.“It’s just making sure we don’t miss something.”

Police corroborating alibis given in Delphi killings

Sheriff Leazenby and ISP Riley are quoted in this article.

“We’re going deeper with alibis that are provided,” Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said. “Part of the reason … we have learned of people who have lied to us on the alibi.”

That doesn't make them suspects, per se, Indiana State Police Sgt. Kim Riley said, but it does mean that police want to find out the truth — whatever that might be.

"They’re seeing that maybe there are some discrepancies going on," Riley said about rechecking the alibis.“It’s just making sure we don’t miss something.”

Police corroborating alibis given in Delphi killings
I remember that article. The following also came from the article:
During the course of the investigation, police have made unrelated arrests, Leazenby pointed out. If, for example, police find someone they are interviewing is wanted on a warrant, officers can't ignore that. So the person goes to jail on unrelated charges. A probation hold can keep a person locked up for 15 days without charges, Leazenby said.

This was less than 2 months after the murders. I wonder what impact this might have on a tipster who is involved in unrelated criminal activity. I know they say the tips can be anonymous, but such a person might not trust that statement. The unidentified vehicle at the abandoned CPS building - what if they are just another unidentified witness and have an outstanding warrant? They may see more incentive to NOT come forward than to contact LE.

I remember that article. The following also came from the article:
During the course of the investigation, police have made unrelated arrests, Leazenby pointed out. If, for example, police find someone they are interviewing is wanted on a warrant, officers can't ignore that. So the person goes to jail on unrelated charges. A probation hold can keep a person locked up for 15 days without charges, Leazenby said.

This was less than 2 months after the murders. I wonder what impact this might have on a tipster who is involved in unrelated criminal activity. I know they say the tips can be anonymous, but such a person might not trust that statement. The unidentified vehicle at the abandoned CPS building - what if they are just another unidentified witness and have an outstanding warrant? They may see more incentive to NOT come forward than to contact LE.
Following that April 2019 PC nothing was every said about that vehicle. I've never read where one reporter even asked folliw-up if LE got the information they were seeking about that vehicle.

Leads one to believe LE knows who's vehicle was parked there but can't prove it. Not even a possible color description was given to the public. Someone must be covering for the operator or LE only has a not so reliable witness to it that they need someone else to confirm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gingerdoodle