Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #99

Status
Not open for further replies.
The even better news is that we have 4 million doses headed our way from the UK! :)

Prime Minister Scott Morrison said Australia would receive 4 million doses of the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine this month, in a swap deal with the UK similar to the one announced with Singapore earlier in the week for half a million doses.

The deal is designed to bring forward the country’s supply of the vaccine as it races to inoculate 70 to 80 per cent of people aged over 16. “The plane’s on the tarmac now, it will be leaving tomorrow and those doses will be coming over the course of the next few weeks,” Mr Morrison said.

As it happened

Ahhh...love the title of the article !! When I lived in NH I got Canadian Broadcasting at night and always listened to "As it Happened"

The even better news is that we have 4 million doses headed our way from the UK! :)

Prime Minister Scott Morrison said Australia would receive 4 million doses of the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine this month, in a swap deal with the UK similar to the one announced with Singapore earlier in the week for half a million doses.

The deal is designed to bring forward the country’s supply of the vaccine as it races to inoculate 70 to 80 per cent of people aged over 16. “The plane’s on the tarmac now, it will be leaving tomorrow and those doses will be coming over the course of the next few weeks,” Mr Morrison said.

As it happened

That really is good news...
I definitely feel that some countries are going to remain the "best of the best".

And maybe , just maybe when the next pandemic comes........ all countries will do their research better.

am i dreaming?

Health Officials Advise White House to Scale Back Booster Plan for Now
Federal regulators warned on Thursday they may not have enough data to recommend boosters for anyone except certain recipients of the Pfizer vaccine by late September.

<snip> WASHINGTON — Top federal health officials have told the White House to scale back a plan to offer coronavirus booster shots to the general public later this month, saying that regulators need more time to collect and review all the necessary data, according to people familiar with the discussion.

Dr. Janet Woodcock, the acting commissioner of the Food and Drug Administration, and Dr. Rochelle P. Walensky, who heads the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, warned the White House on Thursday that their agencies may be able to determine in the coming weeks whether to recommend boosters only for recipients of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine — and possibly just some of them to start.

Federal regulators warned on Thursday they may not have enough data to recommend boosters for anyone except certain recipients of the Pfizer vaccine by late September.

<snip> WASHINGTON — Top federal health officials have told the White House to scale back a plan to offer coronavirus booster shots to the general public later this month, saying that regulators need more time to collect and review all the necessary data, according to people familiar with the discussion.

Dr. Janet Woodcock, the acting commissioner of the Food and Drug Administration, and Dr. Rochelle P. Walensky, who heads the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, warned the White House on Thursday that their agencies may be able to determine in the coming weeks whether to recommend boosters only for recipients of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine — and possibly just some of them to start.

That makes sense. Israel provided the population with Pfizer vaccine, and that is where reduced immunity is questioned 6-8 months post-inoculation. Moderna may not have the same reduced immunity. There's also the question of necessary booster shots every 6 months, and whether it is better to explore and develop more effective vaccines.

That makes sense. Israel provided the population with Pfizer vaccine, and that is where reduced immunity is questioned 6-8 months post-inoculation. Moderna may not have the same reduced immunity. There's also the question of necessary booster shots every 6 months, and whether it is better to explore and develop more effective vaccines.

^^ BBM

Exclusive: FDA Weighing Dose of Moderna Covid-19 Booster

The Food and Drug Administration is considering whether to authorize a lower dose of Moderna Inc.’s Covid-19 vaccine for boosters than the dose given in the first two shots, people familiar with the deliberations said.

Moderna said Wednesday it is asking the FDA to authorize a 50 microgram dose, half the dosage of the first two shots. Some in the government are leaning toward authorizing the 100 microgram dose, the people said, because of concerns a lower-dose booster might not offer a durable enough boost to counter fast-changing variants of Covid-19.

^^ BBM

The Food and Drug Administration is considering whether to authorize a lower dose of Moderna Inc.’s Covid-19 vaccine for boosters than the dose given in the first two shots, people familiar with the deliberations said.

Moderna said Wednesday it is asking the FDA to authorize a 50 microgram dose, half the dosage of the first two shots. Some in the government are leaning toward authorizing the 100 microgram dose, the people said, because of concerns a lower-dose booster might not offer a durable enough boost to counter fast-changing variants of Covid-19.

It will be interesting to see how the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines fare over time. Israel is currently seeing reduced immunity after 6-8 months with the Pfizer vaccine. If the Moderna vaccine works better (last longer), perhaps the answer is to increase the strength of the Pfizer vaccine.

Vaccine side effects: How the first and second dose of Pfizer and Moderna affected our reportersSoraNews24 - MSM Japan

9 Moderna 1 Pfizer, firsthand accounts reveal a wide range of different reactions to each dose.

• Seiji Nakazawa (Moderna)
First vaccination:
Felt fine
upload_2021-9-3_13-56-58.png
Second Vaccination: His temperature suddenly rose to about 39 degrees Celsius (102.2 degrees Fahrenheit) that night. He then started trembling with the chills into the next afternoon, when his temperature finally dropped to 38 degrees,
returning to normal on the third day after his vaccination.

• Mr Sato (Moderna)
First vaccination: “The next day, I had a fever of 37.8 degrees, and myalgia continued for three days. One week later, the injection site became red and swollen and turned into the so-called ‘Moderna arm’ (where a red rash appears around the injection site)”.
upload_2021-9-3_13-59-16.png
Second vaccination: “The next day, I had a fever of 37.6 degrees. Other than that, there were no symptoms like the first one, and I felt fully recovered by the afternoon on the second day after inoculation”.

• Ikuna Kamezawa (Moderna)
First vaccination: “I had a sore arm for two to three days, but it was okay as long as I didn’t sleep on it”.
upload_2021-9-3_13-59-37.png
Second vaccination: “On the second day, I had a fever of about 37.5 degrees. It wasn’t really bad, but I didn’t feel great so I didn’t push it and went to bed early. I slept like a log and woke up the next day with a normal temperature and felt much better by then”.

・ Masanuki Sunakoma (Moderna)
First vaccination: “I had pain at the injection site. Maybe it was because I exercised three days after the inoculation, but four days later I got a 40-degree fever so I went to the doctor and took a PCR test but it came back negative. Symptoms subsided the day after taking an antipyretic, which was six days after inoculation”.
upload_2021-9-3_14-0-3.png
Second vaccination: “On the day of inoculation, I had myalgia and drowsiness. However, it only lasted until the afternoon of the second day. I was pretty scared that the side effects would be similar to what I experienced after my first dose, but thankfully, it was nothing compared to the first jab”.

・ Takashi Harada (Pfizer)
First vaccination: “Pain near the injection site continued for two days. The day after the inoculation, I developed a slight fever of 37.3 degrees in the morning, but it wasn’t so bad that I couldn’t move, and it calmed down by the evening. I didn’t take any medicine and felt back to normal on the third day”.
upload_2021-9-3_14-0-19.png
Second vaccination: “I woke up in the middle of the night on the day of inoculation with mild chills. I felt less pain near the injection site than the first time. I had a mild headache the next morning, but I took some headache medicine and felt better. There were no major side effects, and the night after the injection, I felt back to normal”.

・ P.K. Sanjun (Moderna)
First vaccination: “No side effects in particular. It hurt when I touched the injection site”.
upload_2021-9-3_14-0-38.png
Second vaccination: “Fever continued all day the day after the jab. The day after that, the fever subsided, but I had a headache”.

・ Yuichiro Wasai (Moderna)
First vaccination: “Immediately after the vaccination, I felt a tingling pain. The next day, in addition to a painful arm, I also felt tired. Two days after inoculation, the fatigue disappeared, and three days after inoculation, the pain in my arm disappeared”.
upload_2021-9-3_14-0-52.png
Second vaccination: “Approximately three hours after the inoculation, my arm hurt and I couldn’t raise it. The next day I had a fever, headache, and malaise. My body temperature only rose to about 37 degrees, but I was in bed all day. The next morning (two days after inoculation), the symptoms of fever, headache, and malaise had almost subsided, and the next day (three days after inoculation), the pain in my arm had pretty much disappeared”.

・ Go Hatori (Moderna)
First vaccination: “The injection site was swollen and painful but it was back to normal in about two days”.
upload_2021-9-3_14-1-6.png
Second vaccination: “I felt sluggish on the day of inoculation and throughout the next day. I had a nightmare on the night of the first day, where I dreamed that Masanuki was a last boss in a video game, but I was fine after that and I didn’t have any fever”.

・ Ahiruneko (Moderna)
First vaccination: “Immediately after the inoculation, the pain started. I couldn’t raise my arm, and I couldn’t hold heavy objects for about two days”.
upload_2021-9-3_14-1-31.png
Second vaccination: “A fever began to appear in the morning after the inoculation, and even after taking an antipyretic, I had a high fever in the 38-degree range, with chills and joint pain. It felt like the flu but I had an appetite and I recovered the day afterwards”.

・ Kawarano (Moderna)
First vaccination: “There was a dull pain when I tried to raise my arm on the day. The next day, there was pain at tNakazawaction site and my entire arm felt heavy. It was considerably lighter on the third day, though, and there was no swelling. I had a 38-degree fever from around the 27-hour mark through to the 81-hour mark but I slept during that time and I took an antipyretic twice”.
upload_2021-9-3_14-1-46.png
Second vaccination: “There were considerably less side effects than the first time. This time, the injection site became slightly red. The fever came earlier than the first time, around 12 hours later, when my temperature rose to 37.5 degrees, before peaking at 38.6 degrees. The fever lasted for around 72 hours, but it was easier than the first time, and on the third day I was able to get back to work.”

Last edited:
After my 1st dose of Pfizer my arm was sore that day.

Since my 2nd shot yesterday, I felt just a slight headache and slight achiness this morning. Took Ibuprofen and later Tylenol and feel pretty much normal right now.

Last edited:
Should we tell them that there is a vaccine for cattle for coronavirus/shipping fever? Maybe we could dress up the human Pfizer vaccine as cattle vaccine and get a bunch more people vaccinated. Maybe they could even vaccinate themselves. Yippee! Wouldn't that fool the government and all those hoity-toity doctors.

They can be fooled musicaljoke, they can be fooled!

upload_2021-9-3_14-56-2.png
(use imagination)

Pfizer 'to sell infant nutrition business to Nestle for $9bn'

Last edited:
Oscar De La Hoya Says His Boxing Comeback Is on Hold After Testing Positive for COVID-19

"I wanted you to hear directly from me that despite being fully vaccinated, I contracted Covid and I will not be able to fight next weekend,” De La Hoya said in his tweet. “Preparing for this comeback has been everything to me over the past few months and I want to thank everyone for their tremendous support."
“This really, really kicked my *advertiser censored*,” De La Hoya, from East Los Angeles, said in a video that was apparently posted from his hospital bed.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1433857153433944069

EDIT
ARTICLE SHORTENED PER TOS RULES

Joys of being a principal, my mom had stories of her time as an Elementary School Principal, in a Capital City.

A school ordered a student to quarantine. His dad and 2 men confronted the principal with zip ties, official says.

In a live video posted to Instagram, one of the two men who joined the dad told his followers that they were about to “confront this administration” for “breaking the law.”

“If necessary, we’ll do a citizen’s arrest,” the man said before showing off the “law enforcement zip ties” they brought.

Inside the principal’s office, the men confronted the administrator, arguing that quarantining “children that aren’t sick” breaks state law. No one in the video was wearing masks. The school district does not require them.

“If you insist on this, I’ll have you arrested,” one man said. “We’re ready to make a citizen’s arrest if necessary.”

Last edited:

Let's keep in mind that in UK, it's almost all Astra-Zeneca, whose effects on younger people are still under study and early data seem to show more side effects in kids than for Pfizer or Moderna. Not sure about Johnson/Johnson.

But yes, AZ has a few studies that need more studies to be done. The US studies on Pfizer and Moderna are not presenting those problems, so we're going ahead with 12-17 right now (as well as boosters).

At the start of the study, before Delta was dominant, unvaccinated people became infected 10 times as often as vaccinated people did.

By the end of study period, when Delta accounted for almost 90 percent of infections, unvaccinated people were five times as likely to get infected as vaccinated people.

Worried About Breakthrough Infections? Here’s How to Navigate This Phase of the Pandemic.

So, the risk went from about .015% to about 0.06? That makes sense, since the overall rate of breakthrough varies (according to vaccine and other variables) from .037-.05 in studies not trying to look at the Delta variant.

6 in 10,000 then. I do want to know how long after vaccination these breakthroughs are occurring because I'm helping with a local study where we're definitely finding that people who treated their first shot as pretty much complete immunity are among the breakthrough cases, and those with a second shot who nevertheless began to take up high risk activities within 2 weeks after vaccination are a big segment of the breakthrough cases.

There needs to be more work - but the CDC should probably start doing more to warn people that they ought not to go hang out all night at an enclosed bar with loud people on the very day they got their vaccine (people actually go celebrate their vaccine in this manner - or wait a week and go to a house party or stop wearing masks indoors). We've still got indoor mask mandates where I live - so our breakthrough rates are lower, thankfully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419