SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the article:

Griffin said the shots were fired from a truck that had passed Murdaugh on the road and circled back as he was working on his vehicle.

Alex Murdaugh called his brother, Randy, to report shooting around 2:15 p.m., Griffith said. Alex Murdaugh was airlifted to the Medical University of South Carolina hospital, where he is being treated.

Randy Murdaugh has not been able to enter the hospital due to COVID-19 restrictions, Griffith said, but Alex Murdaugh has been able to communicate with him by phone, “which is obviously an encouraging sign.”

So did he call his brother and not 911?

Yeah. he called his brother when he found his wife and son dead too. Then LE allowed his brother on the scene as per pictures of LE walking at the crime scene with RM. SMH

JMO

Yeah. he called his brother when he found his wife and son dead too. Then LE allowed his brother on the scene as per pictures of LE walking at the crime scene with RM. SMH

JMO
I'm thinking the writing is on the wall and AM and RM are conjuring up reasonable doubt for an upcoming charge and a messy trial to follow. All jmo

A couple of things stand out to me. One is this quote from the article -
"Several Hampton County sources familiar with the investigation told The Post the route Murdaugh was reportedly taking to Charleston was a longer one than most drivers going to Charleston would use."

Alex Murdaugh shot in South Carolina

The other two -
He was changing the tire himself? On a rural road? I'd think he would have AAA or know someone he could call, especially if there's someone loose who killed his wife and son. Or, maybe there isn't.

And if the shooting was an attempt to clear himself, the shooter was a marksman. Otherwise, he'd be dead.

Apparently he was conscious and called his brother. Guns are easy to dispose of in a rural area like that. Clorox wipes and alcohol wipes are fairly cheap, both of which can be used to clean gun residue off skin. And the article makes no mention of whether the gun was found or not.

Just sayin'.
JMO

You may be right, but I don’t see how he shoots himself then disposes of that stuff (well enough that LE doesn’t find it) and gets back to the scene of the shooting without leaving a trace of blood (or other evidence) also without anyone driving by in that timeframe.

Ten shell casings and they only grazed him? I’d say pretty bad shots or not serious about killing him. JMO

The only semi rational explanation that I can think of is a small caliber auto with a short barrel. They are notorious for being inaccurate, but it would have had to have been two since I don’t think those hold ten rounds.

You may be right, but I don’t see how he shoots himself then disposes of that stuff (well enough that LE doesn’t find it) and gets back to the scene of the shooting without leaving a trace of blood (or other evidence) also without anyone driving by in that timeframe.

The route was reported to be a longer one than people in that area took to go to Charleston. Maybe because it was less traveled and cars were few and far between? Not hard to dispose of a gun in that area. Who knows maybe that is why he called his brother?

JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads