AZ AZ - James Daniels Jr, 42, from WY, moving friend w/refrig trk b/w Kingman & Wickenburg 21 Aug 2021

It's likely someone already suggested this to you, but I would consider checking the arrest records for any local police departments in the area he was last seen. I wonder if he might've been picked up by law enforcement for something (real or trumped-up) and if he just hasn't been able to reach out (he would not be the first person who's lost all memory for telephone numbers, thanks to our omnipresent cellular devices!).

Wow, this road is DESOLATE. I used Google street view to travel along it looking for mile marker 141, but only found 140 and 142. Not a lot in between these two, although I was interested by this road that appears to shoot off up into the hilly area where the electric towers are located. Wonder if he'd have headed up there for any reason?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-09-10 at 8.36.05 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-10 at 8.36.05 PM.png
    664.3 KB · Views: 77
It's likely someone already suggested this to you, but I would consider checking the arrest records for any local police departments in the area he was last seen. I wonder if he might've been picked up by law enforcement for something (real or trumped-up) and if he just hasn't been able to reach out (he would not be the first person who's lost all memory for telephone numbers, thanks to our omnipresent cellular devices!).
That's exactly what I was thinking..
GonzoGirl, the suspense is killing us!!

Welcome to Websleuths, @GonzoGirl5!! ;)

I checked out Mojo's FB. I get the impression he travels often. What's the longest he's ever been out of reach from anyone? When he travels, what types of things does he like to do (e.g., camping, sight seeing, visiting friends/relatives, etc.)? Is the concern focused more around his absence or on the circumstances with travel partner's strange answers/behavior?
No. He didn't travel often. At all. He lived in Tahoe all of his life and was living in Wyoming for quite some time. He is a creature of habit and a very loved regular at places where he lived. And it was NOT a moving truck he was driving. I don't know why that got added to this. It was a 2007 international refrigerated truck. Not being refrigerated at the time seeing as how it was filled with this guy Tony's belongings.

Welcome to Websleuths, @GonzoGirl5!! ;)

I checked out Mojo's FB. I get the impression he travels often. What's the longest he's ever been out of reach from anyone? When he travels, what types of things does he like to do (e.g., camping, sight seeing, visiting friends/relatives, etc.)? Is the concern focused more around his absence or on the circumstances with travel partner's strange answers/behavior?
The concern is about his absence and complete lack of communication entirely. He does not just take off. Ever. He is a creature of habit. Very close communication with the friends he has. Never once has he just fallen off the face of the planet. He is a social person who cares very much about the people in his life.

Welcome @GonzoGirl5 , I'm sorry your friend is missing. You had said that you found the truck, I'm curious as the others as to where the truck was found and if his friends things were in it? Also, maybe check local dog pounds to see if the dog was found and dropped there. Did he know this friend long? He seems like a nice guy to travel that like that to help his friend out. I would think he would be helping in the search too. IMO

Is a special driver’s license needed to drive a truck like that?

I’m glad JD’s friend is here to help answer questions. I’m still confused about the initial timeline.

JD is driving the refrigerated truck.

His friend, the one who is moving, is driving a vehicle that is also pulling a trailer.

The trailer gets a flat. The friend unhitched the trailer from the vehicle he’s driving and heads into Wickenburg.

Are those details correct?

How does the friend (who went to Wickenburg) tell JD that he can’t find a store yet to help with the flat? Do they have cell phones?

How does the friend let JD know he’s staying in Wickenburg?

And at what point did the friend stop hearing from JD?

To your first question- no, I've driven a truck that large on just my regular driver's license. (My normal ride is a Toyota Corolla- for reference)

Might vary from state to state, I'm licensed for a category between typical passenger vehicles and semi-trucks.

I Googled 2007 International refrigerated truck, that truck is right at the weight limit for my license category.

IDK about Cali or Arizona?

Welcome @GonzoGirl5 , I'm sorry your friend is missing. You had said that you found the truck, I'm curious as the others as to where the truck was found and if his friends things were in it? Also, maybe check local dog pounds to see if the dog was found and dropped there. Did he know this friend long? He seems like a nice guy to travel that like that to help his friend out. I would think he would be helping in the search too. IMO
Hello. Sorry for being slow to the answers. It's been a lot harder than I thought it would be trying to get the proper authorities involved. I found the truck through the AZDOT. It was impounded because it had "been in a collision." When I reality there was no collision. It was found 30 miles Auth of the trailer on 93. The roll up door on the back open. No signs of struggle but the person or persons who called highway patrol told the a male was seem walking around in the highway and seemed very disoriented. The dog was with the truck. The dog ran off into the desert upon tbe troopers arrival. This is what I've been told by that trooper. Who didn't until I found the truck and contacted him even know that it was associated with a missing person's

So we know the dog was alive at the time the truck was found. But who was the man? Was it James? Or was it someone else? Did the person calling HP describe the man? Where did the man go between the call and LE arrival?

Does AZDOT mean Arizona? I’m confused, I thought was Wyoming to Lake Tahoe ?

Maybe someone caused an accident to steal the contents of the truck? Were they gone?

bbm

That was my first unfortunate thought. If the driver, Mr. Daniels, sustained any head injury at all he could be disoriented & struggling.

Wonder if the person moving now has any of the things packed in the truck, or is able to provide good descriptions to Arizona LE?

SO, the 2007 International refrigerated box trick was found somewhere in Arizona.

IMHO we need time & date plus location for a timeline....

Department Records Unit | Arizona Department of Public Safety

jmho ymmv lrr

Does AZDOT mean Arizona? I’m confused, I thought was Wyoming to Lake Tahoe ?

Maybe someone caused an accident to steal the contents of the truck? Were they gone?

I understood @GonzoGirl5 to be saying that there WAS no accident--were you able to actually verify that there was no sign of a collision, @GonzoGirl5 ?

The truck broke down in Arizona, between Kingman and Wickenburg.

This is very alarming on many levels. Who called the police about the disabled truck (or about the "collision" involving it)? Did the troopers who responded make any efforts to locate the reportedly "disoriented man" who was seen stumbling around in the roadway? And did they just let the poor dog wander off into the desert, too? The whole scenario is quite puzzling. Has there been any contact from the guy whom JD was helping move? One would think that if his dog and his good friend went missing--especially in the course of trying to do a good deed for a pal!--he'd be making every effort to try to draw public attention to the case!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes
Back