SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t understand the outrage, to be honest. You are assuming he is an addict. We don’t know that. We have no verification of that, only the word of his lawyer.

I personally find it demeaning to other people with addictions to say that addictions caused him to commit crimes. Other psychological problems would have caused him to commit crimes (coupled with his addiction, if it really exists).

And I said “potentially” — meaning that if he committed any crimes, which we don’t know that he did, but we are allowed to call him a person of interest, per the mods.

And we know he embezzled the $10 million. He admitted it!!

(I have been at Websleuths a long time too!!)
$10M will buy a lot of opiate. It will also pay for a lot of upkeep on money-draining properties. Strictly Cow Noise,at this point. But there’s definitely some going on, so the Cow Noise (MOO) is flourishing!

<modsnip - quoted post removed>
While I can't make exact sense of the timing and logistics of what happened, some of my thoughts -- Maybe AM and /or the Good Samaritans were communicating to the dispatcher that there was blood from the head but assessed that it wasn't life threatening, and communicated this to dispatch, who decided that a medivac was appropriate.

Old Salkehatchie Road and Varnville are close to the Colleton/Hampton County line so it could be that the Hampton County dispatcher first requested an airlift from Hampton and none were available, so then contacted CARE.

The 12 minutes between helicopter dispatch and LE dispatch seems long, but I am wondering if the fact that AM was now 7 or so miles away from the initial site was confusing the dispatcher who had to go back and forth between AM, the helicopter, and Sheriff's Deputies.

Just my attempt a to make it all fit.

you did your best, but it still doesn’t fit. <modsnip>
Well, actually, police would be dispatched first. It is there job to make sure the scene is safe before the ambulance is dispatched.
You are referring to the ways things are done elsewhere, not the standard procedures in Murdaughland.

Last edited by a moderator:
Always be weary of someone who is making a “straw man,” argument. This is incredibly telling, as he’s refusing to address the real suspicion, namely, that he staged the flat tire and shooting to make it look like an attempt on his life.

“I don’t think you choose to have a flat tire or stage a flat tire to commit suicide. That makes no sense,” Griffin said. “There are many things (being reported) that are incongruent.”

https://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/crime/article254109318.html#storylink=mainstage_card2
I am “weary” of thee hole Murdaugh klan (sic). However, I am “wary” of this particular statement.

I know this is difficult to hear, especially with the 911 operator speaking….but I’d like to know what my fellow sleuths hear Alex Murdaugh say to Paul in the 911 call from Moselle.

The audio is actually better for me on Mandy Matney’s podcast, but I’ve included the same audio from the Island Packet for verification.

To me it sounds like he says, “For God sakes, Paul! Why’d you have to get involved?”
Mandy’s podcast 5:32 mark
Island Packet 2:09 mark
Thoughts?

‎Murdaugh Murders Podcast: Who Killed Maggie & Paul? Part One on Apple Podcasts

‘My wife and child were just shot badly’: SLED releases 911 audio in Murdaugh homicides
Yes, I do hear that. Amazing that you caught that. I had to play it several times, but yes, that's what I hear. JMO

Right… and do you think he is implying that it’s the shot he heard that hit him? Bc if he was shot, the one that hit him was unlikely to be that first one -given his description, imo. I think an accurate account of that would be more akin to: I felt a piercing pain in my head and then heard a gunshot. Or maybe just leaving out “hearing” it altogether and saying the guy shot him. Jmo
I would think he'd have imparted to his lawyer or to his brother who passed it on to the spokesman-lawyer, something more along the lines of I looked away and there was a barrage of gunfire, there was numerous gunfire or I was hit and they kept firing. Not what he said which sounded very singular to me. I would think 7-10 shots would seem like a siege was occurring and would make a very big impression on a person and they'd certainty explain it that way to their very close brother. It just doesn't ring true how it's being explained. AJMO

Was there any truth or accurate report of one or both guns used in the murders belonging to the Ms? I just have a hard time, tho it’s possible, seeing PM having the shotgun taken and used on him.
IIRC SLED has said one of the guns used was a Murdaugh gun. I can't remember exactly which news I read it on an I gotta tell you trying to find specific things is getting harder and harder as google is getting jammed with ALL these different things going on!! I just spent 15 min searching it every which way...I know I read it somewhere.

'Good Samaritan' Drove a Bleeding Alex Murdaugh to the Hospital After Shooting, His Lawyer Says

He continued, saying, "In any event, when the Deputies arrived, Alex Murdaugh was not at the scene. He was picked up by a good Samaritan and who drove him toward the hospital."

Griffin says he does not know the identity of the "good Samaritan."

"They ultimately met up with the ambulance on the highway, where he was examined and because of the extent of his injuries, the EMTs call for him to be airlifted to the hospital. He had significant head trauma and there was blood at the scene, which is indicated by the evidence cones placed in the roadway. I understand that most of the cones mark blood.

"I presume that the deputy checked the no visible sign of injury on the incident report because he was not able to assess Alex since [Alex] had left the scene before the deputy arrived," he wrote.

Taken from your link...

It would seem battle lines have been drawn.

"HCSO sent out a revised report, this time with the box beside "visible injury" checked off. The words "other major injury" were added next to "visible injury."

"Griffin told PEOPLE that Alex suffered "an entry and exit wound, a skull fracture, and minor brain bleeding in two places."

"Griffin also said that Alex's injuries were far more serious than was initially reported."

vs.

"On Monday, after being released from the hospital, where Alex was treated for "a superficial gunshot wound to the head," according to SLED."

I want to see Corporal Henderson's incident report as he may have been the only LE officer to see AM before he left.

"Corporal (Kendrell) Henderson met with the victim before he was flown out."

That's if he was allowed to make one. Is he Hampton, Colleton or Varnville officer?

Alex Murdaugh, according to the letter obtained by the newspapers through a Freedom of Information Act request, assisted his father, Randolph Murdaugh III, who served as solicitor from 1987 to 2005, in prosecuting cases out of retirement.

Murdaugh is a personal injury lawyer with Peters Murdaugh Parker Eltzroth Detrick, based in Hampton.

He was “never” an employee in the Solicitor’s Office and has not been paid, the letter said.

https://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/crime/article252202748.html

Do you recall where you saw that the embezzlement occurred over a period of three years?
When forensic accounting is done, especially when looking for stealing, often the audit will go back up to 3 years possibly because statute of limitations on filing a charge can only go back 3 years. Also companies usually carry Fiduciary Bond Insurance on company directors. These policies cover losses as a result of embezzlement by the bonded individuals on the policy. The policies usually will only cover $ stolen in the prior 3 years.
My past homeowners association was victim to embezzlement and a forensic audit and recompense only went back 3 years for those reasons. The actual embezzlement went on far longer but the cost of auditing for further years didn’t pay as there would be no further $ to recover or charges to be filed beyond 3 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname