GUILTY OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #65

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.wcpo.com/news/crime/geo...y-members-take-plea-deals-in-pike-co-killings

Does the following in bold have any special meaning?

But George Wagner IV left court that afternoon without changing his own plea. Judge Randy Deering said the motions that Wagner's team wished to modify required the presence of a court stenographer, and his courtroom did not have one at the time of Wagner's Monday hearing.

IIRC, GW4's attorneys have been sticklers about having their own court stenographer during each proceeding.

I agree with you.

I have some swamp property for sale if anyone thinks George will get out of all the murder charges.

Even if his prints are not on the gun Jake can place him at Chris's and place him as Gary's shooter.

How can that be if Jake was off shooting at Dana's and Frankie's?

Well Jake left behind proof that he was at Chris's with George - his shoe print and George's shoe print.

Now Angela can even testify she bought those shoes, oh, and that Jake and George told her George shot Gary. Canepa said they told Angela about what they did that night when they got back home.

George is going down for at least one murder. If he was smiling it wasn't because he thinks he's home free. Jake smiled all the time, meant zero.

It could also be the opposite of what you said. JW’s and AW’s proffers could say GWIV did not shoot anyone. We have no idea what they have said.
In cases like this, things don’t necessarily go the way you wish they would. Look at AW’s sentence.
<modsnip - off topic>

Last edited by a moderator:
Guess that puts to bed any arguments she stayed home with the kids, She was there, she pled guilty to aggravated burglary so I am betting the kids were asleep in the car.

JMO

AC said in court she was at home when the guys left and there when they came back.
The mention of bodies being moved was a conspiracy count and included all four Ws. She conspired to move bodies, not physically moved them.

Could be a figure of speech as in you and I went to the store and I was there when you got home meaning you did not go elsewhere. I heard the judge say she was waving a gun around and moving bodies after breaking into the houses.

JMO

AC said AW was home when they guys left and she knew what they were going to do. She was home when they got back and they discussed what they had done.
The mention of her having a gun with silencer is part of the conspiracy charges against all four...

I heard the judge say she moved bodies and waved a gun around.
I heard the same from the judge, but AC's comments were confusing and sounded as thought AW was not there. I'm not sure what to think. Hopefully we will see the written copies of AW's plea and AC's comments like we did with JW's to shed some direct light on this. JMO

George out of prison in his 50's? I just don't believe the family would let him take a plea like that. Gives me more stomach pains.

I think he will get hooked for murder and get more than 30 years.

Because he was there at the scenes and possibly shot one or more of the victims, he should get LWOP and be thankful for it..same with BW

I have said from 2016 til now they were involved in trafficking drugs through horse shows, dog shows and truck driving and thats where all the money came from to buy 4 wheelers, semis, 200000.00 + farms, build barns, new trucks, all without any of them having jobs and Billy on SSI. Too much expensive things with no money coming in. It all stopped after the murders and what money they had dried up in AK. I am betting HR knew and told her family including KR so they all had to go. I think thats the info Angie supplied

JMO
Why is BW on SSI??

AC said in court she was at home when the guys left and there when they came back.
The mention of bodies being moved was a conspiracy count and included all four Ws. She conspired to move bodies, not physically moved them.

So you think they talked about moving the bodies before they left the house..or maybe she was on the phone with them when they committed the crimes

AC said AW was home when they guys left and she knew what they were going to do. She was home when they got back and they discussed what they had done.
The mention of her having a gun with silencer is part of the conspiracy charges against all four...
As I said in another post, this is all so confusing. I haven't seen AC's statement of facts yet, but I trust all the posters here who have seen her comments in their entirety. I do now believe that, yes, AW was home while her husband and sons committed the murders. I now understand that Judge Deering was reading the charges as they appear in the indictments, and AC was telling the actual facts of the case regarding AW's involvement.

But, here's the problem...the media isn't helping this confusion at all. The article I've linked below was just cited somewhere in the last page or two. It clearly states: "Deering read details, including how Wagner obtained ammunition and gun silencers, forged child-custody documents, broke into computer accounts of the victims, broke into their homes and moved bodies once they had been shot.

Rhoden family murders update: Angela Wagner pleads guilty in Pike County court

The article doesn't explain the difference between the judges remarks and AC's remarks. This is just complicating matters, IMO.

So you think they talked about moving the bodies before they left the house..or maybe she was on the phone with them when they committed the crimes
I think the guys discussed it with AW after they returned home following the murders. I think I read somewhere in this thread that AC stated in court that AW, BW, GW4 and JW discussed the events after the murders were completed. I believe the only bodies they moved were GR and CRSR. JMO

One or more of the remaining Wagners are responsible for 3 of the murders, I think they both killed at least one due to the different guns the state say were used, but I was very wrong when I said AW had no leverage so should not expect any plea negotiations. AW leverage was JW stating she murdered nobody with her own hand and her willingness to give up the families other crimes.

If both Billy and George killed one or more then I couldn't understand what the state has to offer them, as surely the state would want LWOP for them. With both AW and JW testimony the state would surely expect guilty verdicts if they went to trial.

But I was totally blindsided by AW deal and maybe they will negotiate to get Billy and George to accept gulty pleas, I imagine the families would rather not have to sit through trials andthe cost to the county and state from these murders must be financially overwhelming so I would not be surprised if they do find a way to negotiate a plea.

I am hopeful that, since GW4's next hearing is only six weeks from now, they are working on a plea deal and didn't have enough time to get the details hammered out by Monday since AW's hearing ran so late in the day on Friday. October 25 may be the first date that the judge, the defense attorneys and prosecuting attorneys could all be in court. I won't be surprised if BW's hearing on Thursday goes the same as GW4's yesterday.

I kind of expect a deal for these last two of the W4 only involves them pleading guilty to the crimes they specifically committed. I would expect BW's charge of forging the custody papers to be dropped in the deal because I really doubt he helped prepare the documents, forge the signatures or ever even had them in his possession.

With respect to counts 1 through 8 (aggravated murder of each victim), since JW stated to AC that he personally killed five of the victims, I think it is possible BW and GW4 might have those five counts dropped and will plead guilty to the aggravated murder counts pertaining to the three other victims. JMO

JW pled guilty to 8 counts of murder even though he said and the state and evidence show he only committed 5, so I am unsure if they will let Billy or GW only plead to the things they or other family members say they did, AW was not at the crime scene so the state and the families agreed to remove the murder charges even though AW pled guilty to being a conspirator with the other involved in the murders.

I have said from 2016 til now they were involved in trafficking drugs through horse shows, dog shows and truck driving and thats where all the money came from to buy 4 wheelers, semis, 200000.00 + farms, build barns, new trucks, all without any of them having jobs and Billy on SSI. Too much expensive things with no money coming in. It all stopped after the murders and what money they had dried up in AK. I am betting HR knew and told her family including KR so they all had to go. I think thats the info Angie supplied

JMO
I agree 100%.

As I said in another post, this is all so confusing. I haven't seen AC's statement of facts yet, but I trust all the posters here who have seen her comments in their entirety. I do now believe that, yes, AW was home while her husband and sons committed the murders. I now understand that Judge Deering was reading the charges as they appear in the indictments, and AC was telling the actual facts of the case regarding AW's involvement.

But, here's the problem...the media isn't helping this confusion at all. The article I've linked below was just cited somewhere in the last page or two. It clearly states: "Deering read details, including how Wagner obtained ammunition and gun silencers, forged child-custody documents, broke into computer accounts of the victims, broke into their homes and moved bodies once they had been shot.

Rhoden family murders update: Angela Wagner pleads guilty in Pike County court

The article doesn't explain the difference between the judges remarks and AC's remarks. This is just complicating matters, IMO.

The media don’t always get it right, either. They have had a lot of mistakes in articles...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname