GUILTY OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #65

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I said in another post, this is all so confusing. I haven't seen AC's statement of facts yet, but I trust all the posters here who have seen her comments in their entirety. I do now believe that, yes, AW was home while her husband and sons committed the murders. I now understand that Judge Deering was reading the charges as they appear in the indictments, and AC was telling the actual facts of the case regarding AW's involvement.

But, here's the problem...the media isn't helping this confusion at all. The article I've linked below was just cited somewhere in the last page or two. It clearly states: "Deering read details, including how Wagner obtained ammunition and gun silencers, forged child-custody documents, broke into computer accounts of the victims, broke into their homes and moved bodies once they had been shot.

Rhoden family murders update: Angela Wagner pleads guilty in Pike County court

The article doesn't explain the difference between the judges remarks and AC's remarks. This is just complicating matters, IMO.

I think a lot of people were confused about the discussion of the charges and the state's waiving of certain charges and what actually happened that night. The poor sound quality didn't help, everyone was straining to hear.

My conclusion after listening again at the end, when AC was making her statement was that AW was at home when the others left to commit the murders and that she was in on the planning, knew what would happen, then discussed it with them when they returned.

Tiff did a good job of transcribing AC's statement to the judge. It's in the Media & Timelines section. Upon reading it again, AC's language is, JMO, ambiguous in some areas.

Everyone who is confused, take a moment to read Tiff23fr's transcription. It might help some.

OH - 8 Family Members Murdered, Pike Co., Media, Maps & Timeline *NO DISCUSSION*

I think the guys discussed it with AW after they returned home following the murders. I think I read somewhere in this thread that AC stated in court that AW, BW, GW4 and JW discussed the events after the murders were completed. I believe the only bodies they moved were GR and CRSR. JMO

If G4's rumored tattoo is true he certainly was proud of the fact that they killed them, even if AW and possibly G4 did not pull a trigger. Non verbal bragging. ugh

I think a lot of people were confused about the discussion of the charges and the state's waiving of certain charges and what actually happened that night. The poor sound quality didn't help, everyone was straining to hear.

My conclusion after listening again at the end, when AC was making her statement was that AW was at home when the others left to commit the murders and that she was in on the planning, knew what would happen, then discussed it with them when they returned.

Tiff did a good job of transcribing AC's statement to the judge. It's in the Media & Timelines section. Upon reading it again, AC's language is, JMO, ambiguous in some areas.

Everyone who is confused, take a moment to read Tiff23fr's transcription. It might help some.

OH - 8 Family Members Murdered, Pike Co., Media, Maps & Timeline *NO DISCUSSION*

If you listen to the statement of facts and turn on your closed caption it also helps a great deal. Closed caption has words incorrect at times but it helps a lot.

That transcript seems very accurate from what I could hear...

LOL, I updated this post with some quotes from AC's statement and analysis, but it went "poof".

I suggest reading the parts where AC says the defendant's (Angela's) three co-defendants went into the Rhoden homes and committed the trespassing and murders. She's saying Jake, George and Billy committed the murders, but AC knew what they were doing before they left.

There's another part of the statement where AC states that Angela met with them (at the church?) afterwards where they discussed what happened.

Look for those parts and it will help you understand it better. JMO, AC is speaking ambiguously. Her comments are somewhat vague in some areas, so it's easy to misinterpret. IANAL, but it's partly because AC is trying to avoid revealing too much information about the evidence before George and Billy make their decisions.

JMO

ETA: Note AC never specifically states where Angela was when the other 3 Wagners left to commit the murders as planned. Maybe that's intentional. ICBW, let me know if you find some mention by AC about where Angela was when the other 3 left to commit the murders.

I'm very interested to know if she said AC met them at the church later after the murders were committed.

If you listen to the statement of facts and turn on your closed caption it also helps a great deal. Closed caption has words incorrect at times but it helps a lot.

The version of the video I've been playing doesn't seem to have the closed caption option.

LOL, I updated this post with some quotes from AC's statement and analysis, but it went "poof".

I suggest reading the parts where AC says the defendant's (Angela's) three co-defendants went into the Rhoden homes and committed the trespassing and murders. She's saying Jake, George and Billy committed the murders, but AC knew what they were doing before they left.

There's another part of the statement where AC states that Angela met with them (at the church?) afterwards where they discussed what happened.

Look for those parts and it will help you understand it better. JMO, AC is speaking ambiguously. Her comments are somewhat vague in some areas, so it's easy to misinterpret. IANAL, but it's partly because AC is trying to avoid revealing too much information about the evidence before George and Billy make their decisions.

JMO

ETA: Note AC never specifically states where Angela was when the other 3 Wagners left to commit the murders as planned. Maybe that's intentional.

I'm very interested to know if she said AC met them at the church later after the murders were committed.

If you turn on closed captioning and listen it helps also.

-She also admitted to being the one who would monitor the Facebook accounts of these two individuals whose accounts they hacked into. She was fully aware of the plans as they had discussed them at length with each of the 3 co-defendants both together and separately. She was aware the night they walked out the door on April 21, 2021 of where they were going and what they were going to do and she was present when they returned home the next morning after having completed the crimes.

I agree with you.

I have some swamp property for sale if anyone thinks George will get out of all the murder charges.

Even if his prints are not on the gun Jake can place him at Chris's and place him as Gary's shooter.

How can that be if Jake was off shooting at Dana's and Frankie's?

Well Jake left behind proof that he was at Chris's with George - his shoe print and George's shoe print.

Now Angela can even testify she bought those shoes, oh, and that Jake and George told her George shot Gary. Canepa said they told Angela about what they did that night when they got back home.

George is going down for at least one murder. If he was smiling it wasn't because he thinks he's home free. Jake smiled all the time, meant zero.
O/T

You are not destroying any wild life habitant to get that swampland are you CC? I would hate for the snakes and alligators not to be around to eat. That gator is great in jambalaya. hahahaha

Jambalaya - Cafe Delites

just substitute gator or snake for chicken or shrimp and you got yourself a great meal. hahaha

And I agree, George is going down with LWOP.

JMO

This a good short report.
FB- Reporter Angenette Levy.
Angenette Levy | Facebook

Thanks, the Law and Crime one is working pretty good.

I also noticed AC said that Jake Wagner claimed all of his co-defendants were complicit in the crimes. That's kind of vague, again, not sure what it means.

When AC first begins describing Angela's statement, she describes the crimes as if all 4 Wagners were involved. It's confusing, but she's a little more specific later.

In the part of the statement where AC discusses how the 3 Wagner men left to commit the murders and she was aware of where they were going and what they planned to do, the following is my transcription:

"she was present when they returned home the next morning having completed their crimes. She had some conversations with them after the fact as well, confirming what hey had done."

Last edited:
She thought she was so clever, didn't she? Remember the smug Facebook posts and selfies when they were on their way to Alaska?
Yep. I am hoping some of the prior acts will solve some of the murders around there also. And arson. The Wagners have had some problems with fires over the years. IIRC the older son almost died in a barn fire.

JMO

Since it seems he was there due to the shoes, he may not get as good as AW but I do not think he will take a LWOP plea if he did not shoot. He may have shot but I believe they wanted that proffer bad for a reason. I think his lawyer will put a lot of pressure on the state and if they do not want to go to trial they will agree on something.

She is just as guilty in my opininon as is G4, I never said she was not. If you don't like the States negotiating skills you may wanna take it up with them. Just sayin'

CO didn't mean anything toward you by what I said. You know me, I have been here since day 1 so I feel pretty strongly about it all. Was awake all night from anger at her getting only 30 yrs. My sincere apologies if you thought I was being snarky as that was not my intention. It's all good between us I hope.

JMO

CO didn't mean anything toward you by what I said. You know me, I have been here since day 1 so I feel pretty strongly about it all. Was awake all night from anger at her getting only 30 yrs. My sincere apologies if you thought I was being snarky as that was not my intention. It's all good between us I hope.

JMO

It's all good. Thanks

That was what was read in count Nine of her indictment by the judge. The indictment has been the same since her arrest. They all have the same indictments. That count is a Conspiracy count and I do not think you have to be present to plead guilty to that. She did not specifially move bodies. You may want to listen to the State's Statement of Facts.

BBM

I have. Several times. Been here since day 1, read everything there was to read, heard all the facts, and rumors too. I strongly believe she was there and helped move bodies and IMO probably shot HR or DR. That's just my opinion for right now just like it is only an opinion for everyone here until or if we ever get to read her or Jake's statement. But I have learned over the last 5+ years that none of us on here can state categorically with absolute certainty what happened that night since we have very little real facts to go on. In other words we can all be wrong in our opinions. Peace.

JMO

Last edited:
If G4's rumored tattoo is true he certainly was proud of the fact that they killed them, even if AW and possibly G4 did not pull a trigger. Non verbal bragging. ugh
GW4's tattoo or BW's scorpion tattoo? Yeah, they all were pretty proud of themselves.

Still irks the daylights out of me that AW sat through her entire hearing and did not one time make eye contact with anyone in the gallery. Her body language definitely did not display any sign of remorse for her part in this heinous crime. JMO

Thanks, the Law and Crime one is working pretty good.

I also noticed AC said that Jake Wagner claimed all of his co-defendants were complicit in the crimes. That's kind of vague, again, not sure what it means.

When AC first begins describing Angela's statement, she describes the crimes as if all 4 Wagners were involved. It's confusing, but she's a little more specific later.

In the part of the statement where AC discusses how the 3 Wagner men left to commit the murders and she was aware of where they were going and what they planned to do, the following is my transcription:

"she was present when they returned home the next morning having completed their crimes. She had some conversations with them after the fact as well, confirming what hey had done."

I have listened several times now and I think part of AC's statement could have been misunderstood by some. I don't think she was saying Angie was home but that Angie went and participated and returned home with the other three. Could be wrong though, been there before and got the T shirt for it. lol No joke, I have a T shirt that says "It's rare but I have been wrong on occasion." lol Hubby bought it for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny