SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're saying it was normal to give your driver's license to an underage sibling or it was normal for underage kids to use fake IDs?

We used fake IDs where I grew up but we never borrowed anyone else's, mostly because the consequences for a person lending one would be severe if caught.

I knew plenty of people that used their older siblings ID

That article say that AM wrote checks for drugs and left a paper trail!!!!!!!??????

There is not one drug dealer in THE WORLD who accepts personal checks for drugs. Not one. That didn't happen. This guy is lying again!
Actually it can be done. Comedian John Mulaney tells the tale of discussing his finances with his accountant. His accountant asks him about a large check he wrote for a painting. Mulaney explains that there is no painting, the artist is actually his dealer.

Does anyone else think it's strange that a drug addict would concoct a crazy scheme to hire someone to shoot him instead of simply overdosing on drugs?

Like people who do concoct crazy schemes to commit arson for insurance, when they could literally just let their candle fall over in some room they are not in.

Keep it simple stupid...

Sept 4th feelin bad....uhh-hh...called my opiod buddy...uhhh-hhh...asked him to shoot me so my son can be rich...uhh-hhhh...he missed, I went blind, called me a helicopter to give me a ride...uhh-hhhhh...had a couple of brain bleeds and a fracture, got out of hospital in a day and a half and went to rehab...UHH-HHHHHH....oh btw I know who killed my wife and son months ago and my attornies are investigating it....ohhhhh ok...ummm should we just tell SLED they can go home then?

HaHa! Perfect!
I can put that to music for ya!

"This was an assisted suicide so his son could inherit $10 million? Does that fit with anything else we've read about this particular lawyer..."

THiS^^^^^.
That was my first thought. It does not seem like it fits with anything we know about him. He doesn't seem like a generous, nor compassionate type, that would sacrifice himself for others. JMO

I don’t see the planned suicide as generous or compassionate. IMO it is exactly the type of cowardly and selfish act someone would pull who doesn’t have the gall to deal with the misdeeds committed. I see Alex as a man of great pride. His pride and selfishness seems to have been his priority, not generosity or compassion. The tribulations of judgement from his family, former colleagues, and society at large will be his greatest punishment. IMO

I admit that I didn’t dive too deeply into finances until I read the part about the 10 million life insurance payout. I figured that 10 mill wouldn’t be all that much to such a wealthy family, for the kid to have to survive the rest of his life. Common folk, more than one could ever dream. But this family? I figured they were worth much more. Come to find out, maybe not so much. What’s the deal on them?
I don't know but I'll venture some guesses...cheating, lying, stealing...murdering?

More from the Harpootlian interview and what he says:

1) They stood by the side of the road "for 30 minutes and the other guy didn't talk him out of it."
2) Alex collapsed and went blind for a while. [this 'story' likely to cover off why AM couldn't describe the person very well to LE.]
3) AM and legal team reached out to SLED to give them the statement. SLED didn't reach out to them. (hmmm...). And he offered up the statement because he didn't want LE to spend more time investigating a fake crime, rather than investigating the murder of Maggie & Paul.
4) When asked whether AM possibly had any involvement in MM/PM murders, Harpootlian says he doesn't think so. He managed to throw in a comment that, when working with the family on the boating case over the past year and a half he saw MM and AM holding hands and that the family was very affectionate.
5) And then, of course Harpootlian implies that he and Jim Griffen think they know of a possible person(s) who might possibly, maybe might be involved in the murders. But of course they don't have LE tools, so ya know...they can't say for sure if the one suspect bears any further scrutiny. And he stumbles over answering what the motive of that person might be. :rolleyes:

Harpootlian looks completely foolish and dishonest in this interview. I don't think he helped AM's case at all. It makes AM look more guilty, not less. IMO.

I want to hear the suicide/murder/insurance 911 call. JMO.

Me too, I also want to see the video from the church surveillance. Hopefully SLED has all of the above.

It’s easy to see he arranged hits to accomplish his desired results. He arranged for Curtis to fake the suicide attempt for sympathy. It is not far fetched to think he arranged the hit on MM for money and to escape being exposed. He is used to getting his way. Like Gloria, Mallory and most likely SS. I hope this uncovers many of his schemes!

Me too, I also want to see the video from the church surveillance. Hopefully SLED has all of the above.

It’s easy to see he arranged hits to accomplish his desired results. He arranged for Curtis to fake the suicide attempt for sympathy. It is not far fetched to think he arranged the hit on MM for money and to escape being exposed. He is used to getting his way. Like Gloria, Mallory and most likely SS. I hope this uncovers many of his schemes!

I want to see the video too. With Harpootlian throwing in a comment that they were standing at the side of the road for 30 minutes, I think he is trying to explain what has likely been seen on the video. e.g. why did it take so long for the vehicle to go by the camera again?

"Harpootlian also claims that he and Griffin are pursuing leads and have gathered information that may implicate a suspect in the June killings of Maggie and Paul Murdaugh.

The attorney says that he and Griffin have zeroed in on 'an individual or individuals we believe - may - have some culpability' or had carried out the murder.

'We think we'll know this week whether the one suspect we're looking at bears further scrutiny and we'll make that information available to law enforcement,' Harpootlian says.

I'm so glad his lawyers are on the case (eye roll).
The timing of their investigation possibly producing a suspect in the next week or so is perfect...

The total reward amount is $100,000 and will be allocated equally among all persons who provide information that leads to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for these crimes, the family's statement says. The reward is only being offered on tips and information received before September 30, 2021.

I feel this way as well. I wonder if the meth charge was simply related to it being in the possession of CES, as in his own habit.

Seems more likely. AM's attorney Harpootlian mentioned the addiction was opioids, specifically oxycontin. Seems more realistic. Apparently, people can be addicted to that and still be somewhat functional.

"Harpootlian also claims that he and Griffin are pursuing leads and have gathered information that may implicate a suspect in the June killings of Maggie and Paul Murdaugh.

The attorney says that he and Griffin have zeroed in on 'an individual or individuals we believe - may - have some culpability' or had carried out the murder.

'We think we'll know this week whether the one suspect we're looking at bears further scrutiny and we'll make that information available to law enforcement,' Harpootlian says.

The timing of their investigation possibly producing a suspect in the next week or so is perfect...

The total reward amount is $100,000 and will be allocated equally among all persons who provide information that leads to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for these crimes, the family's statement says. The reward is only being offered on tips and information received before September 30, 2021.
Maybe AM's are being paid this way? I was wondering where the money to afforded these illustrious lawyers was coming from.

Seems more likely. AM's attorney Harpootlian mentioned the addiction was opioids, specifically oxycontin. Seems more realistic. Apparently, people can be addicted to that and still be somewhat functional.
Seems odd no mention of selling opiods being made in CES arrest, just meth and weed. Guessing AM had cleaned him out?

Shouldn't they make their suspicions known to SLED now? Then THEY can investigate to see if there is merit? If not, why not? (perhaps because it's just a stalling technique that is designed to reduce suspicion, in the public's eye, of AM as culpable in his wife's/son's murders.

Does anyone else think it's strange that a drug addict would concoct a crazy scheme to hire someone to shoot him instead of simply overdosing on drugs?

Like people who do concoct crazy schemes to commit arson for insurance, when they could literally just let their candle fall over in some room they are not in.

Keep it simple stupid...

I think someone mentioned previously (as an opinion) that there may have been a suicide clause in the policy, or that accidental death had the higher payout.

I also feel pride and ego is going to play a huge role in all of this. I get the impression, AM wouldn’t want his cause of death to be noted as “suicide”, a drive by shooting would have made him out to be a victim of circumstance.

'He was in a dark, dark, dark place and he wanted to help his remaining son, Buster, in any way he could,' Harpootlian says.

'He thought this was the only way he could leave him with anything.'

Obviously, AM is guilty of many things but he’s also a human and addition is real. It’s not uncommon for addicts to feel this way. Then factor in losing his wife and child. To have to console Buster. I can’t imagine but people also have irrational thoughts. I can see doing this thinking you're helping you're only remaining child

Maybe AM didn’t murder them. Maybe his actions caused it to happen, he knows it and it consumed him. Maybe he didn’t cause any of it and it still consumed him.

I’m not excusing his actions. I’m simply stating the life of an addict is not so black and white

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
B_Hazey