SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
'He was in a dark, dark, dark place and he wanted to help his remaining son, Buster, in any way he could,' Harpootlian says.

'He thought this was the only way he could leave him with anything.'

Obviously, AM is guilty of many things but he’s also a human and addition is real. It’s not uncommon for addicts to feel this way. Then factor in losing his wife and child. To have to console Buster. I can’t imagine but people also have irrational thoughts. I can see doing this thinking you're helping you're only remaining child

Maybe AM didn’t murder them. Maybe his actions caused it to happen, he knows it and it consumed him. Maybe he didn’t cause any of it and it still consumed him.

I’m not excusing his actions. I’m simply stating the life of an addict is not so black and white
Well said.

If the "assisted suicide" insurance scheme is fiction, I wonder what caused AM to "admit" to it. Other than all the strange things we noticed about the incident, did LE present him with evidence? I think it would be something to do with Curtis Eddie Smith. JMO.

Exactly, this is all for a mental illness plea. Nothing to do with drugs.

Coming soon:
His drug dealer gave him a laced drug that caused him to not act in his right mind. He would have never done anything (a hit) like this without being on a dangerous drug.
Cause he was "in a dark, dark, dark, dark place".

I assume that AM's DEEP CONCERN about keeping the focus "on the murders of Maggie and Paul" will drive AM and BM to extend the deadline past September 30 for tips worthy of that $100,000 reward. Especially given all the recent new factors that may prod people to remember things they'd forgotten or to attach new meaning to things they thought not important until these recent events occurred.

Of course, there's also things recently learned that counter such motivation to share. Such as: Will that reward be paid by cash or check? If by check, can the funds be put into escrow or something first? And, escrow with someone who doesn't have an association with them.
I don't know, may not be necessary to extend that deadline. AM's lawyer says they have investigated the murders themselves and are ready to reveal the killer this week!

Opioid addiction caused Alex Murdaugh to hatch roadside shooting plot, attorney says

1) $100k - why such a paltry amount from such a filthy rich family?

2) Sept 30 2021 deadline - why any deadline at all? Red flag suspicious. We're talking a heinous, gruesome, double murder of two family members! There's no legal statute of limitations on murder so why place an arbitrary deadline on the reward?

3) These two things only make sense if you already know for a fact who killed Maggie and Paul, you feel totally confident they will never be caught / arrested / convicted and you want to time-limit your liability for paying any reward to help discourage any / all further tips.

Just like reward offered by Barry in Salida CO for the reward in his dear wife's disappearance

And after he slashed his own tire with his own knife—clearly after he came to, after he collapsed and was blinded by the whole failed attempt thing... smh. Then he calls 911 for help! I can’t get over the insanity!! MOO
...and a chopper, don't forget about the chopper "farther down the road"

Yes. My heart is breaking for the victims of the Murdaughs through the years.

While all these crazy events may raise their hopes of justice, I think it will still be a long, bumpy road to getting there, all while under an international spotlight.

It's... a lot.
I have to note the humility and grandness of two of the victims’ family members. SS mom stated they are after “justice” and not vengeance. And GS attorney said in behalf of her two sons that they are hopeful their quandary is “just a misunderstanding”. How they are able to extend grace when none was offered to them in their “dark, dark, dark” days shows their goodness, IMO. I would think it would be very easy to be jumping for joy at AM’s agony and his world falling apart, yet they extend mercy. MB family, too, keeping the M family in their thoughts and prayers. I would think AM wouldn’t know what to do with such sentiments as they are foreign concepts of compassion and grace. Something he knows nothing about. MOO

What??? Someone would agree to kill someone for free? This, knowing if you do this and are later charged with murder your life is over. For Free?.... I wonder if this assisted suicide arrangement was in writing...
And add to that the fact that the person you "agreed" to kill would turn you in at the drop of a hat? With friends like that.........

I know I sure don’t wanna go through it again. I allowed 32 surgeries, beginning at age 17, and seven spinal compression fractures turn me into a prescription addict. I never doctor shopped, asked for an early refill or bought off the street. I did become hooked beyond my control. Toward the end of my addiction, I lived a monthly cyclical life. 15 days abusing my pills, the next 15 days in withdrawal. Psychological and physical self torture to put it mildly. Every single month. It wasn’t until 2016 when I started losing the family members I was holding as emotional hostages that I was finally able to kick it after 40 years. Tough love did it for me. Recovery is real…
I'm glad you found liberation from it, God bless <3

BREAKING : The sons of former Murdaugh family housekeeper Gloria Satterfield — who died in 2018 following an alleged “trip and fall” incident at a home owned by the family — filed a lawsuit alleging civil conspiracy and stolen funds in the 2018 settlement.

https://twitter.com/mandymatney/status/1438221872060112899?s=21

AM & his backers (paid or not) must really think no one has any common sense & are basically stupid- or too small to speak up. I wonder when reality is going to set in & they realize no one is buying any of this manure.
People have been buying their manure for over 8 decades now! It’s piled high and deep, and shovels are coming in handy now. JMO

Murdaugh admitted negligence and that he was at fault, and the parties came to a settlement of $505,000.

However, according to the recently filed lawsuit, “Tony and Brian did not participate in the settlement negotiations; Neither Tony, nor Brian signed any settlement agreements; Neither Tony, nor Brian, were told that any money was recovered for them.”

Murdaugh, Fleming, and Westendorff are all named as defendants in the new lawsuit, along with Palmetto STate Bank and Moss, Kuhn, Fleming, P.A.

The suit demands a jury trial and calls for “real answers to… questions surrounding the death of [Satterfield] and the disposition of the monies supposedly paid for their benefit.”
New lawsuit filed against Alex Murdaugh for delayed payment of 2018 wrongful death claim | WCBD News 2
*Aren't there grounds to freeze Murdaugh’s bank account or other assets?

So AM allegedly hires a hitman to kill him.
When the “hitman” “grazed” AM with a bullet, the hitman just drove away? Didn’t make sure the job was done?
AM didn’t call his “drug dealer” to come back and finish the job?
Nonsense.
And who is claiming responsibility for knifing the tire?

Last edited:
ITA with you. It seems that what they don't get is the stuff they can put out in those 5 counties, doesn't gain any traction beyond that area. And, just because they say it out loud on national TV doesn't make it the truth.
RSBM. Kinda like AM’s brothers on GMA? Would love to hear what they have to say now. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member