Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone else notice he wouldn’t take the bottle of water, but GP asks to see if they have a bottle of water. I wonder why he refused even though he claims they were just about to get water! Says he needs shade, but refuses a bottle of water. Probably because of DNA. IMO

he said he “doesn’t like plastic bottles”

plastic bottles are too much for him but murder is ok!

Did anyone else notice he wouldn’t take the bottle of water, but GP asks to see if they have a bottle of water. I wonder why he refused even though he claims they were just about to get water! Says he needs shade, but refuses a bottle of water. Probably because of DNA. IMO

At 13:12 in the full video Brian says it real fast: "No it's alright.. I don't like glass or bottles."

I’m about 40 minutes into the raw video. Couple things—the officers and BL standing around sound like they are all commiserating over hysterical women. Brian’s body language was very uncomfortable. Gabby was not the hysterical, sobbing, not able to speak any words mess they described her to be in the police report. She was upset and crying but far from hysterical. And when the officer was relaying what happened to seek haven he said they got in a fight and portrayed Brian as the calm, rational one after locking her out of the van and telling her to take a walk.

<modsnip- no link> and BL didn’t have a right to lock her out of her van. How does that make HER the aggressor? Isn’t the very act of locking her out an act of aggression? That’s not a normal thing to do!

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m assuming that GBs phone was not under mom or dads plans at this point because if so they’d have access to all of her texts with others via an online account-correct? Unless of course they do and just aren’t saying so. Obviously BL & GB wouldn’t be texting while with one another but while apart (night of the argument & the trip back to FL) these texts could be viewed through them before pings were received from the carrier via LE request.

I’m assuming that GBs phone was not under mom or dads plans at this point because if so they’d have access to all of her texts with others via an online account-correct? Unless of course they do and just aren’t saying so. Obviously BL & GB wouldn’t be texting while with one another but while apart (night of the argument & the trip back to FL) these texts could be viewed through them before pings were received from the carrier via LE request.
Definitely not. I was on my parents plan until a year ago and definitely would not have been on it if they could see my texts. They would have to subpoena them from the carrier, I believe.

This is probably a stupid question, but I wonder if anyone has thought to try and get word to all of the hikers in Grand Teton. I have just seen a post, but I am unsure if I am allowed to put on here, which may indicate that GP made it to Grand Teton. It would seem she was photographed in the background of someone else's photo.

ALL MOO and my current thinking.

I don’t think BL was meant to go back to be with Gabby.

The fight happened. It was concerning enough for people to call 911 and also concerning enough that LE had them separate for the night.

I think a break up occurred and BL contacted his parents asking for assistance to come home.

He flies home and his sad story is told.

There’s always a snippet of truth in a lie. I’m thinking that Mom and Dad said they wanted her stuff out of their home so rented a storage unit and moved it out or….Gabby’s stuff was already in common storage and they went and took it all out and disposed of it. It makes no sense to fly home to move crap in the middle of a big trip.

I’d love to see any texts between BL and Gabby during this period when BL was in Florida and she was wherever she was.

They either made up and he went back or they didn’t make up. He may have sat around ruminating about it all and decided to go back and have it out with her.

Need to know if his flights were booked on a return ticket or were they one way flights booked at different times.

Back he goes and it goes bad very quickly.

Whatever happens, happens.

Back in the Van he goes and runs home to Mommy and Daddy and clams up.

MOO JMO

I'm thinking along your lines as well and I'm agreeing with others who think the trip to move the things from the storage unit was just an excuse to split the two of them up for a few days. Flying to Florida and back again and having GP stay at a hotel during that timeframe would cost way more than the storage unit for a month. I think he wanted out of the whole thing. He returned to Wyoming to drive her home. They argued and started smacking each other. Something accidental but fatal occurred. He went into a panic. Called home. Dad said come back home. We'll take care of this. (think van der Sloot) So GP is pushed off a hill/cliff/high place to make it look like an accident. He comes home and hides out long enough for any bruising he has to disappear. He's still angry with her and won't talk. Ultimately, he'll say it was an accident and at most should be guilty of abuse/not reporting/ etc. Forensics will have to show what occurred before the fall to nail him. I don't think the murder of the other couple is at all part of this case. JMO

At 44:24 of the full bodycam vid, is that the jangle of keys?

Someone speculated earlier in the thread that he may have taken them with him, and we don’t see what happens to Gabby so it made me wonder…

edit: sorry, the policeman says he’ll get her the van keys later towards the end.

Last edited:
Would be interested to hear one of our attorneys weigh in on this. Criminal law is not listed as his area of expertise. No one has been charged with murder, or anything else for that matter. He can advise BL not to talk, and what his rights are. Having the case moved to North Port PD's jurisdiction I would think BL will need to retain another attorney at some point.

JMO
If any charges are brought in FL he will need co -counsel from a lawyer who is a member of the FL bar
Imo

I’ve posted the body cam video to her media thread
WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 8/25/21 *MEDIA MAPS TIMELINE No discussion*
poor Gabby

Ok guys so things just took a very weird turn IMO! Check the link I provided below its where I got this information…

So GP seemed to be the aggressor in the relationship? I’m regards to past DV calls / LE run ins, according to the article she is the one attacking BL!!! Could BL have snapped from the abuse and just pushed her or something? I’m not saying it’s ok either way just something to think about. LE was “actually worried BL might have battered (boyfriend) syndrome”…. I know we typically don’t see this dynamic but women can very well be abusive!!! Ohh man this was not what I expected from the DV call… what does anyone else think about this?!
Utah police stopped Gabby Petito and fiancé after fight on road trip before she went missing, report says

Had BL threatened to leave Gabby somewhere earlier on the trip before the body cam footage, or possibly had driven off and left her before? I don't think she got that worked up over nothing. She was afraid he was going to drive off and leave her for a reason.

This body cam footage was hard to watch, especially when he says "she's crazy" to the officer. She doesn't look crazy, she looks upset. I have a feeling he not only didn't support her trying to set up an online blog, I have a feeling he was also impatient with her. Didn't the cashier near the hotel they stayed at say they came in and he told her to "hurry up" while they were in the convenience store? Maybe they really were there in the store because that sounds plausible to me after seeing this.

I wonder if their tent was in the van when LE took it in Florida? I just had this awful thought, what if he got up and left her asleep in the tent and just drove off leaving her in the middle of nowhere? That makes my head hurt just thinking about it. I can see this guy doing that. He may have fooled the officers, but I saw a lot of red flags.

Here is the full body cam footage. 1 hour and 17 minutes worth.

In the video he states he doesn't have a phone. Didn't GP's mom receive a text from her on 8/30? If by then something had happened to her as it seems, he had her phone and texted GP' mom under the ruse that it was from Gabby. Probably pretty close to home if in fact he returned on 9/1. So there will be no texts between GP and BL to reference :(

This is probably a stupid question, but I wonder if anyone has thought to try and get word to all of the hikers in Grand Teton. I have just seen a post, but I am unsure if I am allowed to put on here, which may indicate that GP made it to Grand Teton. It would seem she was photographed in the background of someone else's photo.
I saw this too and it’s enough to convince me that she was definitely in Grand Teton.

I'm only five minutes in and my heart is broken.

I feel terrible for her parents this morning watching this.

Ok. That last part truly puts a knot in my gut.

Officer after telling GP he was separating them for the night:
“I know this feels like a nightmare, but you’re coming out as the golden flower on top of it.”

<modsnip>

She was so thirsty, she thought he was going to drive off :(. After seeing the video, I believe he did leave her, just drove off. He may have gone back to get her after some time, and couldn't find her, but I do believe he drove off and left her in the middle of nowhere, with no phone, no supplies.

I think so too. I had a very hard time imagining him murdering her when he was concerned about her even spending a night in jail. However…those gigantic hands are frightening!

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
This is heartbreaking to watch/listen to. I can't imagine how her loved ones must feel after watching this video.
I was thinking the exact same thing while I was watching...her poor family having to watch her so distraught and him saying that she is crazy. I hate to think this is the way they will remember seeing her if she isn't found safe, and that isn't looking good.

Missing Gabby Petito: Utah police detail physical altercation between couple days before she disappeared

To Note from article:
Concerning the Aug 12 incident…

Petito's mom, Nicole Schmidt, said that the incident was just a result of pent-up stress from traveling together.

"Put yourself with another person in a van 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for months, and you might have an argument, right?" she told Fox News on Wednesday. "It’s irrelevant. It’s not a big deal."
Were they traveling together in the van starting July 1, 2021 or before that? Her Mom referred to "months" as do others. Seems to me weeks or even days would be more accurate since his flying home was in mid-August.

Why would her mother minimize their conflict? Is she trying to get BL to talk?

JMO

TIA to anyone who can clear this up. I know they went to CA on a road trip in her car before she bought the van. I don't know the timeframe, though.

Ok guys so things just took a very weird turn IMO! Check the link I provided below its where I got this information…

So GP seemed to be the aggressor in the relationship? I’m regards to past DV calls / LE run ins, according to the article she is the one attacking BL!!! Could BL have snapped from the abuse and just pushed her or something? I’m not saying it’s ok either way just something to think about. LE was “actually worried BL might have battered (boyfriend) syndrome”…. I know we typically don’t see this dynamic but women can very well be abusive!!! Ohh man this was not what I expected from the DV call… what does anyone else think about this?!
Utah police stopped Gabby Petito and fiancé after fight on road trip before she went missing, report says
I.agree.with you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member