Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have read every post and continue to..thank you all for digging for info..I don't think he intentionally murdered her..I think he did/does love her..how could he not. I know that social media doesn't show what is actually going on behind the scenes..BUT i think she is beyond adorable, fun, fun loving and would love to have her as a DL. She's captured my heart with her smiles and it makes me so sad she gone because IMO I think she is. :(:(:( moo

ETA: This tells me the cell phone was not in her Van. poor gabby.
IMO
Nicolette Perdomo
@NickiPerdomo

·
51m
#NorthPort PD tell us they still do not know where #GabbyPetito’s phone is — that is one thing they are searching for.
H0YjerzkCFMDjSDk.jpg

I think at this point I would have been more surprised if the cell was in the van. Knowing that they were True Crime buffs - my guess is that he knew enough to not leave it in a place where it would easily be found or tied to him. That phone is probably long gone. Either he ditched it before the drive back or in a place where it would make sense that he could deflect it onto some other type of perpetrator. JMO

Knowing the Van did not have the phone and LE has not recovered it - and Mom thinking the last message was not from GP - sigh - this is not good at all. To me, it means he used the phone and then got rid of it - much like Frazee/KK did with Kelsie. Let's hope it pinged a bit for a possible location like hers did.
JMO

Nicolette Perdomo
@NickiPerdomo

·
51m
#NorthPort PD tell us they still do not know where #GabbyPetito’s phone is — that is one thing they are searching for.
H0YjerzkCFMDjSDk.jpg

I believe the scenario wasn't that he was going to drive away and leave her. He didn't turn on the motor. He got into the van to get away from her, behind locked doors, because she wasn't letting him walk away. She panicked, thinking he was leaving her because of her serious anxiety issues, and forced open the driver's door and crawled over him to the passenger seat. These are all things that were either witnessed or reported by Gabby.

These are the reported actions. I don't know what was going on in his mind. Was he really calmly trying to distance himself from someone he loved who was emotionally out-of-control (and she WAS out-of-control)? Was he playing with her, perhaps getting some satisfaction by provoking her behavior?

It sounds like provocation to me. I suspect her emotions were escalated when he got in the van. It wasn't locked because she DID get in. He wasn't "walking away". He was provoking her. Just my opinion.

The fact that GP calls her mom/parents DURING the time she's sitting in the squad car, while they are both being questioned by police, tells me she will reach out to them during a very stressful, even dangerous time in her life. This also leads me to believe, if she could, she would have called them when she was permanently separated from her van, her life line, on the road.

This young woman is not going to be stranded and not call home or find a way to. Her dad had a pizza delivered to her as a nice gesture because her service was shotty not long before she went missing (IIRC). She talks to her parents, maybe not about every single detail in her life, but she does when things aren't great. I've not been left with any impression that her parents would have been disappointed in her relationship ending with that dude, what's his name, the one hunkered down in his parents house not speaking or her dream trip or social media travel idea coming to end. I just don't see her hiding from or blowing off her family over any of this.

This all leaves me feeling not good at all about why she's not in communication. Hoping for a miracle here.

I have asked every SAR group I personally know to post her info and for others to spread the word in the various hiking communities. Hoping more folks might have saw him or her or them together at some point (trail, parking lot, pull off, public bathroom, etc.). Anything to add to the timeline. IMO
I agree! If Gabby was left stranded I think the first thing she would have done was call her parents, or at least her mom.

Regarding the Moab coincidence with Gabby's disappearance and the murders of the newlywed couple - it is a coincidence no doubt. However, when you add in the fact that the Moab area is a magnet for young/outdoorsy/transient-like people, add in the fact that such people tend to like coffee shops/whole foods groceries/bars etc, add in the fact that Moab is small and has limited number of these establishments .... it gets to be far less of a coincidence IMO.
#CrimeDawg: very true, I contacted my good friend who lives in Moab for last 10 years and we talked about this possible connection. He said, of course, felony murder is very rare in Moab. He said the two women were known by some of his friends, camping long term in the La Sals and that they were working, saving money so they could rent a place during the winter when the climate changes. He did say that due to the enormous increase in population due to travelers/tourists in summer, that the petty crime stats rise. Winter months, stats of course, decline.

First time posting here... I'm not entirely caught up with the thread, but just wanted to say that I, like many of the other women here, have survived abusive partners. We've had guys hit us, grab us, verbally provoke us to the point of emotional breakdown or outburst, drive at unsafe speeds with us as passenger, and I personally have had a guy leave me on the side of the road to scare me that I was abandoned in the middle of somewhere very unsafe and then circle back to get me after I had been thoroughly unhinged by being left. Abuse comes in many forms, from subtle to gross, and it doesn't always look the way you think. Those who are suggesting some of us are projecting past experiences onto BL's behavior may need to actually listen a bit more carefully to those of us who have survived relationships with men who are capable of terrible things. We see things you don't because our experiences have created a heightened awareness of certain behaviors that raise huge red flags. BL's behavior raises a whole lot of red flags. It is plain as day to many of us. Those of us who are here commenting are the lucky ones because we lived to see another day. GP may not be so lucky to be able to tell her story one day, and there is one person who knows what happened, and he is showing a pathological lack of empathy by remaining silent. Look how much pain his silence is causing GP's loved ones, that in itself is abuse, it doesn't matter if it is his constitutional right, it is inhumane and unconscionable.

Great first post.
It's not projecting. It's recognizing the patterns that we were once in ourselves or have seen in others in our lives. If people (including law enforcement) listen to those experiences it would lead to greater awareness of the patterns which hopefully would lead to less domestic violence OR at the very least recognizing it and helping someone get out before it ends up being too late.

It's worth noting the murder rate in Moab, UT. in 2018, there was 1 murder per 100K. ZERO going back to 2012, and nothing in 2019 and 2020.

For a community to rarely see homicides to suddenly see 2 confirmed and potentially 1 other, it's easy to see how people keep gravitating to this NOT being a coincidence.

The timelines are vague and sporadic enough to make a connection between the two cases plausible, and I'm sure there are details that LE has that is not yet public.

I'm from Lafayette, LA and the lack of details reminds me of the Mickey Schunick case. The general public and those on WS were so desperate for details, and often pinned their frustrations on LE. When all was said and done, they had Lavergne's truck on camera, and methodically tightened the noose, so-to-speak. It wasn't long before they had an arrest and her body buried on his property.

Point being, while it's entertaining to speculate, it's important to understand that in most cases, LE has the tools and resources to figure these things out. It's just unfortunate that the family and general public's timelines don't mirror LE's.
<bbm>

I would be very hard-pressed to find it again, but somewhere in the earlier threads there was a link to where LE said (my paraphrasing here) they had a lot of info that the public did not.

Knowing the Van did not have the phone and LE has not recovered it - and Mom thinking the last message was not from GP - sigh - this is not good at all. To me, it means he used the phone and then got rid of it - much like Frazee/KK did with Kelsie. Let's hope it pinged a bit for a possible location like hers did.
JMO

Nicolette Perdomo
@NickiPerdomo

·
51m
H0YjerzkCFMDjSDk.jpg

They Never found Mollie Tibbets phone either and Mackenzie Lueck’s was found broken and burned. :(. I read into this as a very bad sign.

If someone names their username with 'bizarre', can it mean they are into alternate reality? Login • Instagram Well understands how to use this tag - (#invisiblemonsters)

I hate the shape of his 'ears' when looking straight. This is the most common characteristics of criminals I have noted. *Just my opinion.*

Wonder what the body reading experts have to say about his police encounter. Lots of behavioral clues and possibly why is lawyered up

Does anyone know the significance of the wheel on their house?
arr.PNG

She's gone. He doesn't call 911. He drives around 2200 miles back home to his family, opens the front door, dives under his bed, and scares the living hell out out of his family to the extent that THEY don't call 911 and opt instead for a family lawyer.
I still think it quite possible they unexpectedly encountered something that may have separated them...and he alone escaped terrified - or there was an accident, she didn't survive, he thought he would be blamed and he headed to the place best suited for self-preservation - home.
I don't see either of these young people as having diabolical motives. They're young, in a relationship, loaded with hormones and emotions that sometimes get out of hand. I've been married for 50 years and we still look back on the idiotic fights we had 48 years ago. They happen.
I do know that in order for my husband to tear off to home without me, without notifying the police, have his family hire a lawyer and go into hiding; he would have to have had something gargantuan terrify him.
They were two young people surrounded by open country that is accessible to anybody.
This saga is still evolving.

The word 'misunderstanding' being used by her makes me curious. HOW could it be a misunderstanding?

"a failure to understand something correctly."

Who is it she thinks is failing to correctly understand something?

"a disagreement or quarrel."

Who is it that quarrelled and had a disagreement? Maybe now we are getting somewhere?

I think they had another explosive argument and in my mind, it resulted in only 2 possible scenarios. Either, 1. He followed through on his threat (again, as he quoted GP to the police saying that she feared he would leave her again,) he left her there, and something happened to her after that. Or, 2. He accidentally killed her in some way during an argument, possibly related to the van. Maybe while it was in motion.

He's a coward either way and that's why he's home and not talking. He's passive-aggressive. Emotionally abusive. Self-serving. Manipulative, among other things. But, not a cold-blooded killer.

IMO, of course.

I don’t think the double murder is related. IMO he killed her after he snapped during an argument. It’s absolutely heartbreaking what he is doing by staying silent but I think a lot of people would do the same. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheSolver