Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how often CL spoke with her brother prior to his return to FL.

This whole thing strikes me as odd. I don't talk to my brother but once a year, but even I would call him up the second I saw national news about his girlfriend missing and him being a prime suspect. Unless she doesn't speak to her brother at all, ever, for some reason- then why even do an interview? She has about as much information on the guy as I do at that point.

She has drive, and dedication, and inspiration. She makes sure to stop and work on her blog, as if it was a job.

I don't get this from him at all. I haven't read that he got extra training as a mechanic, or a carpenter, or an electrician, or an IT person to support the van upkeep and maintenance on a long open-ended haul like this. I don't see him surviving without the financial support of his parents.

Most of all, I see him valuing the van over her.

This strikes me as what he really wanted; the nomad life with HIS van. Money? well that will be supplied by a gf,or parents id necessary.

I think this venture as a business was doomed because of it.
Yes, I see echos of Chris Watts, Josh Powell, Mark Hacking here. All partnered up with vivacious, successful women unafraid of life and challenges. Hacking even had his wife believing he was accepted to medical school when he hadn't finished a bachelors degree. Going to "college" every day while she worked her tail off to support him and his phantom schooling. IIRC he killed her the night she found out about his deception. Could Gabby have discovered a serious deception on BL's part?

Some of these guys just can't be propped up enough, can't assume responsibility on their own, feel so threatened by how easily their wives make friends and have genuine smiles ready to go. Nothing threatens them like a happy woman. They reached their mid 20's, midthirties, and they haven't accomplished a thing without being directed by a woman.

I think that he purposely sabotaged her new business endeavor, purposely dirtying up the camp and van, knowing how she would react. I would bet that he had her convinced she was "mean", couldn't drive well enough, and constantly held abandonment over her head once he knew it was a huge trigger. I believe he used his role as driver to torment her. Driving away with her own vehicle with all her belongings inside, jeopardizing her life, her business, purposely creating the greatest fear.

Not sure if this is allowed so Mods please delete and let me know.

SM posts by BL seem odd (to me). Noting several times they they go hiking barefoot? I'll bet she is found barefoot. And also of them hiking "the road less traveled" and apparently more dangerous. I think BL is trying to set up an alibi via SM posts. :(

Grand County Sheriff’s Office investigating Moab murders & Petito disappearance

"It didn’t take long for those close to two open Moab investigations to draw the connection to timelines involving Gabby Petito’s visit in Moab with the murders of a married couple in early August.

In thread #2 post 648 @JJ Ray posted "There is a much better link between the disappearance of James Boone (IIRC) and the Shulte-Turner murders."

I made a note of that and keep it in mind, especially when the newlywed couple mentioned to others about being skeeved out by a man camping beside them (no mention of it being a couple).

JB is a MP with a criminal history who is off his meds and has a warning DO NOT APPROACH and had been seen near Moab:

The newlyweds died of gunshot wounds. I wonder if GP and BL carried a gun in their van for protection? I imagine LE has probably already searched for any weapon permits issued to GP or BL.

I sat down and made a map. Let me know if I missed anything

GP - Google My Maps
Just curious why you do not have a route drawn up to Yellowstone National Park. IMO, the most likely place they parted ways is somewhere between GTNP and YNP. GP planned to meet her friend up there on the 30th. In addition, she marked several locations along that route on her Dyrt app. She also texted her mom that there was no cell phone signal (in Yosemite). We don't know if that was really her but still. All arrows seem to point to the region between GTNP and YNP.

Last edited:
The video is a compilation of a road trip they had taken before this one and this one.
I don't believe they were in Santa Monica anytime recently - it was from a prior trip they just edited it into this video.

And the public (us) doesn't yet know who edited and posted this video. It would seem to be GP as she was holed up in the SLC hotel, and certainly didn't have any new material to post, and it was her site. But it might also have been LB.

There's a related question about the "crocheted pumpkin" post on her IG site: when was that series of pictures taken? That question can probably only be answered by reviewing CCTV footage from the two different date ranges when the picture might have been taken - and the answer could tell us whether or not GP actually uploaded the material herself, or if it was a smokescreen after she was gone.

from timeline:
Aug 25th. Nicole Schmidt, Petito's mother, speaks to her daughter for the last time on the phone. Petito said they had stopped in Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming before a planned trip to Yellowstone.

witness: Baker said it was 5 p.m. on Aug. 25, when she and her husband spotted Petito’s van in the Jenny Lake parking area.

Aug 27th."I don't know if she left Grand Teton or not," Schmidt later FOX News. "I did receive a text from her on the 27th and the 30th, but I don't know if it was technically her or not, because it was just a text. I didn't verbally speak to her."

Trying to pinpoint a date when something happened IF in the areas of Grand Teton or Yellowstone.
Possibility is the night of the 25th, through the 28th, morning 29th?
27th text is iffy...possibly fake according to Gabby's mom.

Since Brian arrived in Florida on Sept 1st, he'd need what 3 days minimum, driving without sleep. 35 hr (2,362.0 mi) via I-75 S Yellowstone National Park to North Port Florida drive time
so presumably he left very latest Aug 29th. but he'd need to sleep, maybe naps, at some point....so Aug 28th maybe? Do we know what time the van was seen parked at the home in Florida?

29th Gabby was supposed to reach her friend to finalize meeting up in Yellowstone. Plus it was friend's birthday. No contact.

If Gabby was WITH Brian on the way back, one would expect her to still contact the friend to cancel meeting, wish her Happy Birthday.

So I think, for now, Gabby is in Grand Teton or Yellowstone.
Yellowstone entrance has a camera, so if it shows the van, I'd think she is there. Unlikely Brian would visit that park if something happened in Grand Teton....unless the route out of the area necessitates going through Yellowstone.

Thinking off the top of my head....trying to place possibilities for where they have to search. It's a huge area nevertheless. Ugh.....​
35 hours is a day and a half, not three days. He could drive the distance in three days with sleep, easily IMO.

You're changing words and I'm not sure why. Never did she say she gave a tiny swipe to the steering wheel.

The bottom line is they were BOTH physically abusive to each other that day.
There's no real reason to argue about the tiny details
and NO reason to defend EITHER of their physical actions that day.

There's every reason to try and figure out the overall dynamic and how they got to that point though. I, personally, don't believe a word that BL said. There were many inconsistencies in his story and his pattern of speech speaks to someone who is manipulative.
IMO as a result of that they've been stuck in a reactive abuse cycle.

I didn't say she said it. I was referring to her "illustrator," a little flippantly, I admit. She mimed a little swipe of the steering wheel. (As I recollect.) Was she minimizing? I think so. Her (comical) illustrator for how she punched Laundrie's arm would not have left scratches on a bar of soap.

I'm not sure if you're being serious: details are important. And these things aren't details.

I don't admit that Laundrie abused her that day because no witness reported that (as far as I know) and there is no evidence of it.

Why do you think that?

I thought the police chief's comment about knowing his location was interesting, but could be innocuous. Also, it's the smart thing for him to do. It would benefit him, assuming he killed her.

I wonder if they could have gotten him out of his house without anyone knowing? Is there a garage?

SM posts by BL seem odd (to me). Noting several times they they go hiking barefoot? I'll bet she is found barefoot. And also of them hiking "the road less traveled" and apparently more dangerous. I think BL is trying to set up an alibi via SM posts. :(

I'm not certain but I saw the barefeet pics and assumed it was for social media van-life purposes.

I can't imagine hiking barefoot would work - but I don't know for sure.

Random question: how old is BL? I keep seeing everywhere that GP is 22 and BL is “older”. How much older? People keep talking about them as if they’re just kids… and that may be true for GP, but if BL is like 30 then I think we can throw the whole “he’s just a dumb kid” argument out the window here…

He is 23.

Just curious why you do not have a route drawn up to Yellowstone National Park. IMO, the most likely place they parted ways is somewhere between GTNP and YNP. GP planned to meet her friend up there on the 30th. In addition, she marked several locations along that route on her Dyrt app. She also texted her mom that there was no cell phone signal (in Yosemite). We don't know if that was really her but still. All arrows seem to point to the region between GTNP and YNP.

There are unconfirmed reports that they were seen in Grant Village and in GTNP itself on the 25th and 26th.

i dont know if im a softy or if other just find that strange behavior but i do this myself at times and see no problem with it..
My daughter is 22 and still in college. I order food for her maybe 1x a month. She saves her $$ from her waitressing job during summers, holiday breaks, so $$ is not the issue for her. It's just another way of letting her know that we love her, proud of her & miss her.

Regarding the road less traveled- there is a clip on their YouTube video (and subsequently one of the IG clips) that show him walking on the edge of a cliff. VERY close to the edge of a cliff. One of them even posted about getting into a very difficult to reach place.

A fall from a cliff would not be suspicious in those circumstances. Shutting the door and hiring a lawyer instead of telling somebody what happened, however, is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scooby_Cluebie_Doo