Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #82

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have preferred a higher bond, but all in all I think that was about the best that could be expected from today.

I know people are upset about BM potentially getting out, but I think it was unreasonable to expect no bond given that this isn't a slam-dunk murder one case. But at least that charge survived to the trial and a jury will get to decide on it, which is the most important thing. It definitely could have been worse.

Plus the AA has been redacted and will be released.

Gunnison is located in Gunnison County. Chaffee County towns for BM include:

Salida
Poncha Springs
Buena Vista
Johnson Village
Smeltertown

I wonder how long before the defense begins motioning the court for permission for BM to be allowed to travel to neighboring counties-- as well as across the state to work. BM and his bobcat have places to go and people to see! They will argue that BM should not be prevented from earning a living and that he's been pushing dirt for 35 + years with limited other skills. Just another reason why one hates to see 1st-degree murder defendants allowed release on bail. MOO

BBM brings up a thought or question,

Would the items used as possible evidence be available to BM? Equipment(bobcat) / vehicles(truck) / tools or whatever? Do they hold those items over till trial or are they released once processed?

Should we be concerned that Lauren isn't on the list of people that Barry is prohibited from contacting if/when he makes bail?

I don’t think so. If anything happens to Lauren, FOX will merely delegate the job to someone else. She is not a witness. Her metier is investigative journalism.

No contact list would consist of either witnesses, or people with whom it is personal for Barry, or both.

Strictly MO.

The AA being released is good for us. It gives us all something to read and talk about.
But we aren’t the jurors. And BM has a stellar defense team.

After today no one will convince me he might not walk free. Yes there will be a trial. Yes the DA will bring all they have. But as the judge said, will it be enough? I’m not sure.

We have been discussing this for a year. We believe one hundred percent he is guilty.

What the DA is allowed to present and able to prove is something else.

My stomach is churning for the people on which he would like to seek revenge. Must be quite a list. I hurt for them.

So I am googling techniques for removing ankle monitors..
Is it possible to remove an ankle monitor? - Google Search
It's quite easy. Easier than I had suspected.
I don't like this at all.

I know. The show 20/20 reported on a nationwide investigation that found at least 50 murders allegedly committed since 2012 by people who at the time were under orders to wear electronically monitored ankle bracelets. In some cases, authorities failed to appropriately monitor people wearing ankle bracelets or to respond to alerts set off by the electronic devices.

The program features interviews with Rafael Zaldivar, the father of a young man who was killed in Orange County, Florida, by someone wearing a device; and Bill Cregg, who was the first to arrive on the scene of a murder in Syracuse, New York, by a man who had removed his device.

Watch 20/20 Season 40 Episode 40 05/25/18: 20/20 Online

@Megnut Suzanne's inheritance was $500k. This ruling silences her further.

Tragically ironic isn’t it? I’m trying to calm down. At least he is going to trial. Trusting in the KARMA that is coming for Barry.

or...the Karma could be Suzanne wants Barry free (her money or not, whatever it takes ) to run his mouth, God knows he's his own worst enemy.

I
I’m trying to focus on the win for our girl Suzanne- he is going to trial and he will suffer a financial setback. Without a corroborating witness like we had in Kelseys murder (which I was upset about) we are stuck with bond.

I am disappointed that Barry will be getting out on bond, but I feel the prosecution’s case is strong. No reasonable juror would believe someone else killed her. What did that mysterious killer do…..abduct her from her bicycle and then find her car to leave fingerprints on the glove box? It makes no sense. I won’t care if he offs himself. He should not be around his daughters. I’m going to have faith. I also pray, with hunting season and more awareness of Suzanne missing, that she will be found.

I don’t think so. If anything happens to Lauren, FOX will merely delegate the job to someone else. She is not a witness. Her metier is investigative journalism.

No contact list would consist of either witnesses, or people with whom it is personal for Barry, or both.

Strictly MO.
Lauren might need a restraining order against his sister or other family members. She shouldn't have to worry about a Morphew family member approaching her the way his sister did at the courthouse.
JMO

Unbelievable.
The one thing we learned from the prelim is how cunning and self preserving Barry is.
He made a lot of mistakes in the aftermath of killing Susan. But not enough it seems to hold him in jail?

He has had LOT OF TIME TO THINK and hatch a plan.

That judge better hand in his law degree if Barry finds a way to Mexico without a trace.

o_O moo
You got that right! The Bobcat might bury this judge's reputation by finding other prey to pursue.
JMO

So I am googling techniques for removing ankle monitors..
Is it possible to remove an ankle monitor? - Google Search
It's quite easy. Easier than I had suspected.
I don't like this at all.

What's also upsetting is that an ankle monitor cannot track Barry's movements. It will alarm if he crosses county lines.

Shucks. There are movies that show how to escape the ankle monitor. Haven't checked but there's probably a few YouTube videos that explain how to trick the system while wearing an ankle monitor that's imposed by a lenient judge.

Where will this alleged killer live since he's not allowed into Gunnison where Suzanne's two daughters reside?

I feel empathy for the citizens of Chaffee County. They know, come Monday, a dude will be walking among them while being charged with Murder 1 plus 4 other criminal charges.

#FindSuzanne

Some thoughts:

When the Judge said he could not rule out scenario #2. Could he have been hinting at Barry hiring a hit man? Or having help killing Suzanne? The truck data keeps nagging at me for some reason.

Also, where was that fire the weekend prior to Suzanne’s murder? Could the soil underneath that site still be warm a week later and easy to dig into?

She’s either in an area well-known to Barry, or just the opposite, to rapidly discard her due to his anger and disregard for her and her body.

Last edited:
I would be terrified. Not being able to hunt with guns means too much idle time to ruminate on those he feels have wronged him. Like Frazee, he may try to do some "recruiting."
MOO
I kinda hope he does try to recruit someone, someone with a conscience, unlike himself. I believe he is that arrogant, to think he could get away it. Bye, Bye $500,000. Go to Jail, do not pass Go, do not collect $200 :).

Some thoughts:

When the Judge said he could not rule out scenario #2. Could he have been hinting at Barry hiring a hit man? Or having help killing Suzanne? The truck data keeps nagging at me for some reason.

Also, where was that fire the weekend prior to Suzanne’s murder? Could the soil underneath that site still be warm a week later and easy to dig into?

She’s either in an area well-known to Barry, or just the opposite, to rapidly discard her due to his anger and disregard for her and her body.

I interpreted the judge’s alternate scenarios (SODDI or Suzanne left) as Barry had no involvement in those. Judge said it was very unlikely she left on her own, so that leaves only 2 realistic options: Barry or SODDI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53