Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
It blows my mind. My son in a very sensitive situation goes hiking for the day. However, I am not too concerned when he doesn’t come home that night. I don’t become concerned for 2 days. Oh, and I decide to just drive the car on home for him.
Gee, you're such an understanding mom... <gag>
How 'bout your future daughter-in-law? Remember her? Her name is Gabby.

Unfortunately he is the only clue to her possible whereabouts so it would help to find him also.
I agree. IMO. the reason they are using so many resources to find BL is because they think he may do himself in. If that happens, Gabby's location may never be known.
He still hasn't been charged with a crime that I know of, so they are not hunting a fugitive and once/if they fine him, he still doesn't have to talk to them.

I brought this up a long time ago. She definitely demonstrated that he grabbed her jaw, and she did the motion twice to the police. IMO when person is trying to push you back during an argument, they would grab your shoulders or arms, NOT your jaw. How odd that he grabbed her jaw. It's a much more physically aggressive move than grabbing your shoulders. Imagine seeing a parent do that to a child. You might think that looks abusive, because it is. IMO.
Yes, you stated that much better than I could.
And that was in public where people could see.
What happened when no one was around to know I wonder?

Im finding this whole thing more and more suspicious. He came home and lawyered up- I have a hard time believing his parents were “okay” with him taking a day hike at this nature preserve. It even sounds like they may have dropped him off there. At this point, people were angry that he wouldn’t say anything. His parents and attorney were okay with him leaving the safety of his house and taking a “day hike?” I’d be terrified some guys would come upon him on a trail and beat the *advertiser censored* out of him- he has been all over the news and was pretty recognizable even on Tuesday before he became a POI- I imagine even more so locally. I realize he is an adult and they can’t “stop” him per say, but as a parent, this just seems like a really unsafe decision. The fact that they “saw him” Tuesday and saw “the vehicle” Tuesday, and know that that is where he was going for a casual day hike while he is quickly becoming a hated person of interest sounds very sketchy.

Was there a source for Gabby spending 6 days in the hotel/motel? If so, why would she have done this? The objective was van life. Could something have been wrong with her? Sick? Hiding? Afraid to be alone?

I don't know the source of it but it seems to be widely known. This is when BL flew to FL and was moving things from one storage place to another, if I understand the situation correctly. Gabby was probably not comfortable camping alone in a big national park by herself. THat would have been a good decision on her part, IMO. Maybe her parents talked her into it, but either way it makes sense for her to think she was safer in a hotel room when her travel partner took off for several days.

In fact, maybe we can even speculate from this that his abandonment of her and then driving the van back to FL (if he did) was even less likely given a blessing from her since she had stayed in a hotel room earlier when he was gone.

From what I could gather, HE drove the Mustang to the park, and when he did not return from his “hike,” his parents went to the park, found the car & drove it home. As others have commented, why did they bring the car back if they knew they’d be stranding him alone in the park? Also, why wait several days then, before reporting him missing. Totally odd behavior IMO. MOO
Yes, I’ve thought that very curious why they would take his car. I guess they’re not answering that question either

I was kind of hoping the "who is the abuser" conversation died when we re-opened the thread but since it hasn't I'm going to bring this forward with some more comments.

IMO the totality of the evidence we have shows they were both being abusive to each other.

THEY BOTH put marks on each other.
ONE officer determined that Gabby was the “primary aggressor”. I’m super supportive of LE in most instances However, IMO that officer made a bad call in calling Gabby the aggressor because NO ONE ever asked Gabby when the injury to her face occurred so a timeline isn't clearly established. That officer did not contribute to the police report and the officers that did contribute state it was a mental health episode and not domestic violence. Everyone here is talking about looking at this incident with a bias from their own lives without considering that officer that determined that Gabby was the primary aggressor stated that his ex wife and him had these issues and he himself could have been biased.

Transcribed from body cam video
9:04
Officer: "Did he hit you"
GP : "He liked grabbed me" (puts hands to face grabbing to demonstrate)
Officer: “Don't worry, be honest”
GP: “He like .. he like this .... (puts hands on face grabbing again) He didn't like hit me (makes punching motion) (inaudible)
Officer: Did he slap your face or what?”
GP: “He like grabbed (inaudible) it cut me here ... (strokes left cheek) ... I can feel it now ... *starts crying* (see photo - this mark is exactly where she's touching her face)”

12:24
Officer: “This officer noticed you have marks on your face”
BL : “ I put marks on her too “

21:08
Officer giving witness statement : He said he never saw the male strike the female. He saw the male trying to lock her out of the vehicle ..... he hung her backpack on the back probably so she'd have her *expletive* ... the witness is saying I never saw him hit her I saw him shove her he couldn't say if it was an aggression against her or a defense against her.

From Police Report :
Officer Eric Pratt : "It wasn't clear, but I believe it was reported the male had been observed to have assaulted the female" "It appears this incident is more accurately categorized as a mental health break than a domestic assault"

Officer Robbins:
Christoper stated that Brian got into the van, he saw what appeared to him as Gabby hitting Brian in the arm and then climbing through the driver side window as if Brian had locked her out and she was trying to find a way in.

Brian said Gabby thinking he was going to leave her in Moab without a ride , went to slap him. As Gabby started to swing Brian pushed her away to avoid the slap. But she still caught his face leaving some visible scratches.

After evaluating the totality of the circumstances I do NOT believe the situation escalated to the level of domestic assault as much as that of a mental health crisis .

They did BOTH have their own cell phones in case of emergency.

————
We also have witness testimony that BL was controlling to Gabby. Including limiting her friends, taking her ID and limiting her activities (Gabby Petito's best friend claims Brian Laundrie was jealous and controlling | Daily Mail Online)

And we KNOW that BL left her somewhere, returned to FL alone and is now on the run.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-09-18 at 7.04.12 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-18 at 7.04.12 PM.png
    323 KB · Views: 54
My husband is on duty I called him and told him they still haven’t found him he said more than likely he’s dead I don’t think so though I’ve been watching this all day like you guys have!!
I agree with your hubby, or he is hiding out at a hunting cabin, in upper NY or somewhere similar known to the family.

Amateur opinion and speculation

YES. "He doesn't think I can do it" is one of the first things she told LE when she walked near the curb. In-between sobs & wiping her eyes. My heart fell out of my chest when I heard that. Unprompted. She could have said anything about their fight, but she chose those words, that her man doesn't believe in her dream. Others of course will interpret these words differently. I felt I caught the abuse right then & there, beyond any reasonable doubt. I'm going to light a candle for her tonight, as soon as the sun sets in Salt Lake. I really think she's gone. Now it's a matter of recovery, then the ability to tie him to it. [moo, immso]
That’s when I knew as well. And knew almost without a doubt that he had been gaslighting her all day long. Because she was working, for 5-6 hours in the coffee shop. And he was …. Not working.

At this point I’m so fed up with him and his parents that I wish if authorities find his body deep in the reserve that they would just report him dead and leave him there. Let his parents figure out how to find and retrieve his body.

YES. "He doesn't think I can do it" is one of the first things she told LE when she walked near the curb. In-between sobs & wiping her eyes. My heart fell out of my chest when I heard that. Unprompted. She could have said anything about their fight, but she chose those words, that her man doesn't believe in her dream. Others of course will interpret these words differently. I felt I caught the abuse right then & there, beyond any reasonable doubt. I'm going to light a candle for her tonight, as soon as the sun sets in Salt Lake. I really think she's gone. Now it's a matter of recovery, then the ability to tie him to it. [moo, immso]
bbm
What sad words.
Belittling.

Glad they're doing a vigil for her tonight.
I'll light a candle where I am as well.
Hoping for answers for her heartbroken loved ones.
MOO.

The other thing is the back neighbor who gave access to the reporter stated he didn't know if Brian had been there.

The back yards are joined only by a wood fence and some foliage. You think that the Laundries would go stir crazy being cooped in the house since the 1st of Sept, and would go out into their backyard at least.

Nothing heard by the neighbor....activity, voices etc.

However, I don't know how deep the neighbor's yard is, didn't really show, and whether the neighbor was outside regularly himself though.
It is HOT and HUMID here right now. Nobody wants to hang out outside. I walk my dogs a mile twice a day (Early morning and after dark usually) and get home feeling like I am melting. JMO

Do we know how he got to the park to hike on Tuesday? If he drove the family's silver car, it is now back in the driveway. Is there another car out there or did he take a bus or taxi to the park on Tuesday?

I found something interesting to add to this, so as we know from the police conference this morning about BL being missing.

BL went to park this week (allegedly)

His parents picked his mustang up from the park Tuesday was mentioned.

Picture 1 and 2 - 4-5 days ago truck is clean.. where is the mustang?
Picture 3 and 4 - Tuesday (no mustang)
Picture 5, 6 and 7 - Wednesday (mustang is back)

Attachments

• ADFC575F-BE01-484F-860A-E86C9405359A.jpeg
    ADFC575F-BE01-484F-860A-E86C9405359A.jpeg
    115.4 KB · Views: 176
FWIW I saw both of their IG pages before this blew up in the media and they had really low amounts of followers, comments and likes. Not that this means anything, or matters. Just pointing out that now gabby has a high number but keep in mind that before she went missing, she did not.

not saying this is relative or important, just pointing it out for anyone thinking she or he had a big following.

6146519fe3da2d001839a4ba

Map of timeline of Gabby Petito's disappearance
Google Maps/Insider
A map shows the timeline of Gabby Petito's disappearance during her cross-country road trip with Brian Laundrie

I don't know the source of it but it seems to be widely known. This is when BL flew to FL and was moving things from one storage place to another, if I understand the situation correctly. Gabby was probably not comfortable camping alone in a big national park by herself. THat would have been a good decision on her part, IMO. Maybe her parents talked her into it, but either way it makes sense for her to think she was safer in a hotel room when her travel partner took off for several days.

In fact, maybe we can even speculate from this that his abandonment of her and then driving the van back to FL (if he did) was even less likely given a blessing from her since she had stayed in a hotel room earlier when he was gone.
If the story is true about flying back to move their belongings in or out of the house, it's kind of strange to me that it took six days. I would think that if I were interrupting a vacation to do such a tedious chore, I'd spend no more than two days doing it and get back as quickly as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500