Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW, there isn't much cell coverage at the Spread Creek camping area per here for either Verizon or ATT

E_nAUDnWQAIquHj

Attachments

• cell verizon.JPG
    cell verizon.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 15
  • cell att.JPG
    cell att.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 13
I’m thinking she was a checkout girl in the pharmacy at Publix

In California, a pharmacy tech has to go through a rigorous program. Many people do it before applying to pharmacy school. They do more than run the cash register. In fact, most of the people in the pharmacy are not actually pharmacists. If it's the first time getting a certain medication, the person behind the counter will call the "real" pharmacist over to discuss it with you.

It seems to me BL was trying to get to back the van parked somewhere in Jackson.

Did GP and BL leave their van in Jackson and ride with others to the campsite?

Was BL walking from the campsite back to the van?

Brian and Gabby were somewhere near Grand Trenton National Park on Aug 25, per her mother. The Aug 27 snapchat might be nearby since Gabby planned to meet a friend in Yellowstone on Aug 29. That leaves Brian with, let's say, 1 AM on August 28 until evening of Aug 29 to wander in the forest - perhaps hiding a body before he drops from exhaustion, 24 hours?

He had to get rid of a body so it will never be found. Twenty four hours later, at 1 AM on August 29, he would be exhausted, second thinking himself, needing sleep. On August 30, he has two choices - call in a missing person report, or drive straight home to Florida.

August 30 - 31, he drives to Florida, confirmed arrived on Sept 1.

That leaves from maximum 36 hours. It's not really enough to be wild camping for a few days. Furthermore, all that stress of hiding a body - he smelled clean?

upload_2021-9-18_22-44-54.png

upload_2021-9-18_22-50-47.png

What if we got this backwards, if he used the tarp nefariously why not leave it with her instead of carrying potential evidence around while hitchhiking? Or, maybe instead of leaving GP’s body and then hitchhiking back to the van he went to the van to retrieve it and he’s hitchhiking back to GP’s location to use it. Maybe he needed it to move her, maybe she was just injured and needed to move her. Maybe even he couldn’t find his way back to her. Maybe he made his way back but she had died. Why not call the police then? Maybe because he was terrified of the police, Afraid of the repercussions. Just throwing this out there. Maybe he wasn’t in the right state of mind as described by GP’s friend R and wasn’t making good decisions, or was confused…

Wouldn’t be surprised if he’d had a psychotic break. I’ve had one; it’s terrifying and you’re most Definitely in another world.

I don't know where this came from but you usually can't do anything in a pharmacy aside from working the cash register unless you are a pharmacist obviously or, you are in school. Pharmacy work can literally be a matter of life or death. One mistake and you could kill someone. So, I'd be surprised if she was a pharmacy "tech" who was actually filling scripts. Not sure letting her do it would even be legal in Fla. And, if it is and they allowed it, they took on huge risk.
She’s 22, it’s possible she went through the program, assuming it’s about the same coursework as here in California. Less than 2 years then the test for qualification.

There is a lot of misinformation out there and there are many carve-outs that allow therapists to disclose this sort of information. For example, if someone is dangerous (as someone who has just impulsively murdered a girlfriend might be deemed), then they may disclose it. If there was a chance he would be a danger to himself (the danger of which is high in this situation), then they must disclose it. There is a lot of gray area and room for interpretation, but in practice, I don't know many therapists who would not find a compelling reason not to report in this situation, and I know, and have trained, lots of therapists.
Bump

My step-daughter was a pharmacy tech for a few years and she had no post high school education. She was trained on the job and certified with her state. I think that's actually how it is a lot of places.

It really does depend on the state; all the states have their own requirements. It's not a good profession if you tend to move around a lot.

I'm sure that tiktok has convinced herself that the hitchhiker is named Brian and that he mentioned Gabby by name before he panicked and demanded that she drop him off immediately.

Other than her after the fact story where she mentions missing Gabby and suspect fiance, what else about her story aligns with facts? Why was she in "constant contact" with FBI for days and why did she then run to FoxNews? Does she want to help, or does she want attention?

Didn’t tiktok say in her video that she was with her boyfriend when they allegedly picked up BL? Highly doubt she’d be making this all up for clout if her boyfriend could disprove her claims. Also, it’s all in the same general area that they’re searching. I think LE could’ve encouraged her to post to see if other hitchhikers come forward. Perhaps in case people are afraid to admit they gave him a ride or whatever, I could see them encouraging that. And that way they don’t have to go public and say “we know he was hitchhiking here on this date”, instead letting internet sleuths do it but still getting the word out to other hitchhikers.

I don't think it's very relevant to the case at this point but i wanted to clear it up since it keeps being mentioned. I am a licensed therapist and heres some general info about reporting crimes in the profession:
1. We cannot report a murder
2. We cannot report any nonviolent or nonabusive crimes (future or past)
2. We cannot report any harm that has already happened unless it was child/elder abuse (i.e., cannot report domestic violence between adults)
3. We cannot disclose any info about a patient, even after they die, unless court ordered
4. We MUST report any threat of future harm against anyone (there are some specifications that need to be met)
5. LE often request for our cooperation anyway b/c they are not aware of the laws and codes that limit what we can say
6. These rules often exist b/c of state laws, but even if a state law differs, there are national ethical codes that are the same for everyone
7. And finally, to head off some confusion - these rules are specific to therapists and psychologists - MD's (including psychiatrists) may have different rules, i wouldnt really know

Hope this helps either in this case or in others!
That is super interesting! I’m very surprised by #1!!

What kind of training do you have to have for only $16 to $20 an hour?
I never actually looked at the job he posted. I merely laughed at the Indeed reference. But, off the cuff, I'd imagine you need at minimum an Associates Degree. I'd guess it's a bit heavy in science and math.

How does tarp camping work? Do you set it up like tying to a tree? Use it like a blanket? I can’t picture it

ETA: I did search but I’m just getting ads for $600 tents like I’d ever try this myself

Maybe it was an excuse of being for camping. A hypothesis could be he went in search of a tarp, could have picked it up at a store or taken it from somewhere, in order to take it back to wherever Gabby may have been for nefarious reasons.
Just a speculation…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members